[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

Ok
I did some changes to the guide, not changes to the build, but to the descriptions, some of which were suggested by GreyLensman, some on my own.

Emphasized newbie friendly more at the start.
Added a bit for what order to get gear upgrades.
Changed the wording in the league starting and leveling tips about pre act 5.
Added some newbie tips for using in game help system, and how to buy gems.
Added a section detailing my crazed ranting of why I have no PoB link.
Added a testimonial section with quotes from this thread.
Various small tweaks and typo fixes.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 19:39:52
verry good build.reached 95 with this guide.loved it allot buuuttt im kinda done with poe this league :) so big thx.reached delve 220+.did sirus +5,shaper,aul,elder,uber elder,can't say deadthless bc it wasnt XD but i did them with this build guide so thank you!
"
pluke89 написал:
verry good build.reached 95 with this guide.loved it allot buuuttt im kinda done with poe this league :) so big thx.reached delve 220+.did sirus +5,shaper,aul,elder,uber elder,can't say deadthless bc it wasnt XD but i did them with this build guide so thank you!

Thanks for the feedback.

This is exactly what the build is for.
Easy mode thru early maps, but strong enough for endgame bosses.
Not the strongest build in endgame, but its very newbie friendly.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 1 нояб. 2020 г., 1:18:50
I am at lvl96 and I am stucked at this point. Spent almost all my currencies, have 8 ex left but cant upgrade my items further for min-maxing (2nd +2 wand with minion dmg and lvl21 gems, etc.)

Actual items:

Flasks:

All my resists are capped:
Fire: 77% (+69% overcapped)
Cold: 76% (+33)
Lightning: 76% (+76)
Chaos: 75 (+3)

Block chance (with flasks):
Attack damage: 75%
Spell: 68%

Dodge
Attack/Spell: 12%

Phys dmg reduction: 87% (with flasks)

Using divergent vitality aura (lvl 7) too with wrath and skitterbots as it gives 20% increased damage to nearby allies as well until they are on full life (although the radius is not too big at this gem lvl).

At this point thinking about cluster jewels to increase bossing dmg but not sure which would fit properly to this build. (and better ones are crazy expensive) - I change gmp to predator at bosses.

Reached Sirus at aw lvl5 but couldnt defeat him, not because of the build cannot do it, but because of myself.

There are too many effects on the screen (and the entire screen is too dark) and honestly cant see/realize in time what is going on. I wont chase him for a 2nd fight, maybe next league. Tried him always only once in a league and didnt want to ask for assistance, want to beat him myself One day I will :D

Anyway, thank you Odif again for sharing your build, maybe you can extend it with cluster jewels ;)

Best of luck guys, see you in next league!
Dbius, thank you so much for taking the build so far.

Really, you have taken it about as far as you can.
It really should have enough dps to do any content, (other than deep delving) but yes, you need to manually dodge stuff in Sirus fight. (And other end game bosses.)

Cluster Jewel spectre build is different enough (and so expensive) that I am not going to try to make a variant for it, as I am focused on the guide being mostly for newbies.

I am curious, are you still using Slave Drivers, or have you switched to a tankier end game spectre?
"
Odif написал:

I am curious, are you still using Slave Drivers, or have you switched to a tankier end game spectre?

Changed them to suggested one, Scynteel Synthete, and using only them without any supporting spectre.

Have 10 zombies (gem lvl 30), 5 spectre (gem lvl 27)

The animated guardian seems the most squishy, lost two expensive gear set in heist lvl 83. Maybe it would be better in a hungry loop, or replace feeding frenzy to meat shield or minion life and move feeding frenzy into helmet (replacing fortify - IF AG has kingmaker)
Animated Guardians are sometimes a problem.

There are more tanky gear items for them, costly of course, but I don't think they ever get fully immortal.

You can move one of the golems to a unset ring, to gain another gem slot to support the guardian with another defensive gem .

But in the end, the guardian will sometimes die.
Knowing when to unsummon him helps, but even that does not always work.
Can you defeat the A8 sirus?
"
roylfeilei написал:
Can you defeat the A8 sirus?

This builds boss dps is REALLY REALLY good, its just not INSANELY good, and there are builds out there with insane dps.

The build can surely defeat Sirus 8, BUT it requires dodging damage.
It is not a build that face tanks high end game boss damage.

The good news is, like most minion builds, most of the time you have nothing to do BUT dodge.
Armageddon brand once ever 8 seconds.
Keep Bone offering up.
Dodge boss damage.

I will reiterate the goal of this guide:
To provide a simple, very low cost gateway to end game bosses, that very very new players, or players not familiar with minion builds, can easily follow.

It will kill endgame bosses.

It is NOT an insane super dps build that will melt end game bosses in under 2 seconds.

There are expensive Spectre builds, with insanely expensive cluster jewels, that will melt everything.

You can even transition to one of those builds...
Use this build, until you have accumulated a ton of currency, then transition to insane dps spectre build.

Or you can keep using this build, and kill all end game bosses (other than deep delve), but do so more slowly.

I wanted to make a minion build, that did not use empower, expensive or rare uniques, did not use any cluster jewels, that was simple to gear up and play, but that WOULD do end game bosses.

I wanted this because too many guides I read in these forums dont realize how big a struggle it is for new player, how things like level 4 empower, or expensive rares, or crazy expensive cluster jewels, form a barrier, that makes it too difficult for new players to get to end game bosses and kill them.

And yes, once a player gets to a certain point with this build, it plateaus, but that plateau is MORE than enough dps and survivability to do all end game bosses, that are not deep delve.

And yes, more experienced players want builds that insta gib whole screens of mobs with one click, want builds that do a shapers worth of dps per second, and those players might fight this build lacking at the high end.

And that's ok.

I did what I set out to do.

The testamonials I put in the guide, show several new players going farther with this build, then they ever had before.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 19 нояб. 2020 г., 14:07:28
"
Odif написал:

I wanted to make a minion build, that did not use empower, expensive or rare uniques, did not use any cluster jewels, that was simple to gear up and play, but that WOULD do end game bosses.

You DID IT and respect for that!

"
Odif написал:

I wanted this because too many guides I read in these forums dont realize how big a struggle it is for new player, how things like level 4 empower, or expensive rares, or crazy expensive cluster jewels, form a barrier, that makes it too difficult for new players to get to end game bosses and kill them.

You're absolutely right. I watched countless videos from several different builds BUT most of them is "unreachable" for casual players like me and a lot of other players because you need to invest insane amount of currency that a casual player can't farm.

I can confirm that the build has enough dps for all end game boss, but won't kill them within a flash and although you can spend several EX for this build, too for min-maxing it, it still do these contents with the suggested "default" items, - and this is huge advantage for the mentioned casual players.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация