[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

Ok
I did some more work on the Leveling Tips section.
Emphasized skeletons a bit more, gave some tips for if you are doing the skeleton version.
do we need phys on items aswell?since our gloves convert phys to light?
"
pluke89 написал:
do we need phys on items aswell?since our gloves convert phys to light?

I am not sure what you mean.
The gloves convert all minion physical damage to lightning damage.

If you have a abyss jewel that has "minions do 5-10 additional physical damage" then that too would be converted to lightning.

Is that what you mean?
i mean if we got adds # to # physical damage to attacks on our rings & amu & any other gear this will converted to our minion damage right? so in that case we need on every item we can get add phys? just to get more minion damage..
"
pluke89 написал:
i mean if we got adds # to # physical damage to attacks on our rings & amu & any other gear this will converted to our minion damage right? so in that case we need on every item we can get add phys? just to get more minion damage..

NO!

This is IMPORTANT!

The ONLY bonuses that help your minions are if it SAYS MINIONS in the bonus.

I.E. a ring with "adds 1 to 4 physical damage to attacks" gives a bonus to the PLAYER not the MINION.

There are some exceptions:

Minions are allies, bonuses that say "allies" also affect minions.
(Fyi, minions are NOT party members)

Support gems linked to the skill gem that summoned the minion, WILL benefit that minion.

Auras will benefit minions, as long as they are in range of the aura.
"
Odif написал:
"
pluke89 написал:

NO!

This is IMPORTANT!

The ONLY bonuses that help your minions are if it SAYS MINIONS in the bonus.

I.E. a ring with "adds 1 to 4 physical damage to attacks" gives a bonus to the PLAYER not the MINION.

There are some exceptions:

Minions are allies, bonuses that say "allies" also affect minions.
(Fyi, minions are NOT party members)

Support gems linked to the skill gem that summoned the minion, WILL benefit that minion.

Auras will benefit minions, as long as they are in range of the aura.

thanks!
Hey Odif - thanks for investing the time in this!

Couple of quick thoughts:

It feels like a super beginner-friendly build (and guide). You could emphasize that more in the title, intro paragraph, and the pros/cons.

It's great that you put the leveling trees in POE Planner as that's easy for beginners to use. Might be good to add a POB for those who want it. (Maybe I missed it.)

You mention that the build really comes into its own by act 5. I wonder whether there is an easy alternative that would be stronger in acts 2-3 and not require too many regrets. This is obviously a trade-off, since that kind of switching is not ideal for beginners. When I get a chance to try the build I will play around. Over-leveling a bit in early acts may be a far easier answer.

On leveling and upgrades, there is a lot of great detail for beginners through act 5. Then you have the "as you get more currency" section, which also has a lot of good suggestions.

I tend to think of upgrading (for any build) as coming in 3 phases:
(1) What gems are the highest value to add as you get more sockets and links in acts 6-10.
(2) The "no brainer" upgrades you should be focused on during early mapping through 16 stones.
(3) End-game gear for high/juiced red maps and the Sirus cycle. I always think of this last as ranked by bang for the buck, which I realize is a bit hard since prices can change between leagues.

CHeers!
Последняя редакция: GreyLensman. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 9:53:05
Loving your build, BTW!!! This is the first time I have ever done T15 maps - so thank you!

Question for you. I have just bough Kingmaker for my AG. Does the crit strike multiplier on Kingmaker mean we should get rid of the controlled destruction gem on the chest? They seem to clash.

If I should get rid of it, what would you recommend I replace it with?

Thanks!
"
GreyLensman написал:
Hey Odif - thanks for investing the time in this!

Couple of quick thoughts:

It feels like a super beginner-friendly build (and guide). You could emphasize that more in the title, intro paragraph, and the pros/cons.

It's great that you put the leveling trees in POE Planner as that's easy for beginners to use. Might be good to add a POB for those who want it. (Maybe I missed it.)

You mention that the build really comes into its own by act 5. I wonder whether there is an easy alternative that would be stronger in acts 2-3 and not require too many regrets. This is obviously a trade-off, since that kind of switching is not ideal for beginners. When I get a chance to try the build I will play around. Over-leveling a bit in early acts may be a far easier answer.

On leveling and upgrades, there is a lot of great detail for beginners through act 5. Then you have the "as you get more currency" section, which also has a lot of good suggestions.

I tend to think of upgrading (for any build) as coming in 3 phases:
(1) What gems are the highest value to add as you get more sockets and links in acts 6-10.
(2) The "no brainer" upgrades you should be focused on during early mapping through 16 stones.
(3) End-game gear for high/juiced red maps and the Sirus cycle. I always think of this last as ranked by bang for the buck, which I realize is a bit hard since prices can change between leagues.

CHeers!

Thank you for the feedback.

I will add more emphasis on newbie friendly.

I have no plans at this time for a PoB link.
I believe that people are WAY too focused on PoB, and act like if the PoB says it does more dps, then it must do more dps. Example: In the skeleton version, i could move Feeding Frenzy from the skeletons, to the golems, and put multistrike in the skeletons. This would massively increase the PoB dps. But, PoB does not take into account how long it takes the skeletons to GET to a monster, to start killing them, ignoring the real life benefit of skeletons with DASH.
But I realize I am in the small small minority of experienced PoE players in this.

On the "comes into it's own in act 5", perhaps I should reword this, its more like, "In acts 3 and 4 its like a normal build, and does not become laughably OP until act 5." I.E. it needs rewording, thanks for pointing out the misleading impression it gives. In no way do you need to not use it in acts 3 and 4, its still plenty strong enough. And newbies almost always over level, as they explore, do all quests, miss waypoints and have to do the zone again, etc. Minions more than any other build, benefit from over leveling.
(Minions do more damage AND get more tanky with levels.)

On your last 3 points:
1) I do mention what order to get gems in the 6l.
I don't in the 4ls because the build is so OP when leveling it does not matter, and one should have all 4l's by early mapping, long before it matters.
(Really, once you try it, you will see how insane the build is acts 6- yellow maps.)

2 and 3
I did put a limited answer to this in the "what to buy when you get currency" section. I could add more detail, but as you say, prices vary.
You can do Sirius with just a 6l chest, a +2 minion helm, and 2 wands with +1 all skill gems. The build is that strong, or rather I should say, minions that good with minimal gear. All that changes with gear is how FAST you do stuff.
So all upgrades are optional, as you do them, order does not matter.
I will add something about what order to buy them in.

Thanks again for your feedback.
It gives me ideas of what to change.

Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 14:09:18
"
Aere написал:
Loving your build, BTW!!! This is the first time I have ever done T15 maps - so thank you!

Question for you. I have just bough Kingmaker for my AG. Does the crit strike multiplier on Kingmaker mean we should get rid of the controlled destruction gem on the chest? They seem to clash.

If I should get rid of it, what would you recommend I replace it with?

Thanks!

I am SO glad to hear you say that about t15 maps.
More than for anybody else, this guide is for new people who have struggled in the past with red maps.
So, I take it as a MASSIVE success that this build got you doing t15 for the first time.

As to controlled destruction...
Perhaps you are looking at an earlier version.
I while ago I had controlled destruction in the spectre gem links, but I changed it to Predetor.

I.E.
Elemental Army, Spell Echo, Minion Damage, Elemental Focus, Predator

If you want to go full crit, you can jigger the tree for some cluster jewels.
It's expensive, but good for dps.

I will let you explore that "I am at end game, and very rich, and want to min/max" option. My guide is more for helping newbies.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 14:19:02

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация