[3.12] Odif's Newbie League Starter, Electric Spectre-(Zombie or Skeleton) Necromancer, low cost.

Thank you for the feedback.
Anybody planning on trying this build in the 1 week or 3 week upcoming special leagues?

It should work great for them, except the Endless Delve, as you cant get Slave Drivers in Delve.
(I suppose you could find some sort of lightning spectre.)
Ok,
Just did some minor tweaks to the guide.
Added a small section at the end of what to buy to help you level, if it's not your first toon in a league.
(Not that leveling needs to be any easier.)
"
Odif написал:
Anybody planning on trying this build in the 1 week or 3 week upcoming special leagues?

It should work great for them, except the Endless Delve, as you cant get Slave Drivers in Delve.

Probably in Mayhem, yes.
You simplified Minion builds for me, thanks Odif.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU написал:
"
Odif написал:

Probably in Mayhem, yes.
You simplified Minion builds for me, thanks Odif.

Wonderful, and thank you.
I hope you will make a post about your experiences in the short league.
P.S.
There is a good delve lightning spectre.

Risen Vaal Advocate Spectre
Support with Minion Damage, Elemental Army, Spell Echo, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Predator.

You can find them by desecrating in a Vaal Outpost in the delve.
There are 4 types, all with the same name, one does phys, one does chaos, one does fire, one does lightning.

So you have to make sure you get the lightning version.
(It's hands have a lightning color on them.)

Here is a 2 year old video detailing them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb5vXkTUGLY&feature=youtu.be
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 26 нояб. 2020 г., 14:06:14
Video???
I don't make videos.
That is one reason this guide is not as popular as others.

The guide does work.
See the testimonials at the start.
Hi !

I'm just discovering your guide, and it's great !
Clearly, you can't boast the highest DPS in the world, and your defences are OK but not great - but when you say you're on a budget, you stick to it, and that's what I want to see.

In the middle of all these "budget" aurastacking golemancers with several cluster jewels worth 4-5 exalted apiece, your build using good old minions and reaching endgame content for less than 1-2 ex gives some fresh air to this section.

Just one question about the general choice of going lightning damage and not cold. I guess this is because a 4G Triad Grip is really tough to get for a beginner ? For more endgame use, do you think transitionning to cold damage would be feasible ?

It requires some ajustments: Hatred over Wrath, frostbite, maybe bonechill on Skitterbots, and most of all changing spectres. As I've no experience in spectres, I don't know whether it might be worth or not. I just know than Hatred scales way more than Wrath when base damage is 100% physical, hence my question.

Thanks again for this guide !
"
PoitelMarto написал:
Hi !

I'm just discovering your guide, and it's great !
Clearly, you can't boast the highest DPS in the world, and your defences are OK but not great - but when you say you're on a budget, you stick to it, and that's what I want to see.

In the middle of all these "budget" aurastacking golemancers with several cluster jewels worth 4-5 exalted apiece, your build using good old minions and reaching endgame content for less than 1-2 ex gives some fresh air to this section.

Just one question about the general choice of going lightning damage and not cold. I guess this is because a 4G Triad Grip is really tough to get for a beginner ? For more endgame use, do you think transitionning to cold damage would be feasible ?

It requires some ajustments: Hatred over Wrath, frostbite, maybe bonechill on Skitterbots, and most of all changing spectres. As I've no experience in spectres, I don't know whether it might be worth or not. I just know than Hatred scales way more than Wrath when base damage is 100% physical, hence my question.

Thanks again for this guide !

Thanks for your interest, I do hope you try this build next league.

Tell all your friends to use it too!

And yes, this build is committed to being low cost, AND being very very newbie friendly.

As far as the Triad Gloves going blue instead of green.

Green, leads to cold damage, which is better than lightning damage mostly because Hatred is better than Wrath.

The big reason I go BLUE is socket starvation.
Minion builds are always starved of sockets, and going 4 green means some wasted sockets, as there is just no way to use 4 green sockets. You can go 3 green, 1 red, and put the hatred/generoisty there, and not waste sockets, but then you lose damage, which was the whole point of going green.

Also, you are right, it is hard for a newbie to get 4 green on a pair of str/int gloves, as they often don't know about delve recipies to force colors on items.

And a MUCH smaller annoyance...
I have tried a similar build with 4 green, and it perma freezes some bosses, which sounds good EXCEPT, some bosses who phase get bugged, when you perma freeze them, and become unkillable. It's very annoying. It does not happen often, but when it does, it just ruins my whole play session, i get so agro'ed about it.

P.S.
Another reason other guides go GREEN is there are better high life unkillable cold spectres then there are high life unkillable lightning spectres.

But as you mentioned, this build is not about making the highest dps necro minion master, its about making a high dps necro minion master that is easy for newbies, and very very low cost.
Последняя редакция: Odif. Время: 28 нояб. 2020 г., 2:13:50

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация