[3.12] Doom Pop Occultist | New Impending Doom Support Build | Explosions Galore

What about?

Bane 6L

Bane
Despair
Void Manip
Efficacy
Controlled Destr/Swift Afflic
DOOM

Vixens 4L
DOOM
Punishment
Temporal Chains
Enfeeble

2 Handed 6L
HEX BLAST
"
Jundiaiense написал:
What about?

Bane 6L

Bane
Despair
Void Manip
Efficacy
Controlled Destr/Swift Afflic
DOOM

Vixens 4L
DOOM
Punishment
Temporal Chains
Enfeeble

2 Handed 6L
HEX BLAST

This is not a Bane build, GGG has said that Bane wont work with Impending Doom as the actual curses are triggered. And triggered curses don't generate doom.
This is the same for why there is no Impending Doom Support on Vixens, they are triggered curses so they do not generate doom.

A weapon swap Hex Blast is a possibility, but the numbers would have to be pretty high because it takes time to weapon swap the cast Hex Blast, also it consumes curses so you would lose any defensive benefits that temp chains and enfeeble give you (which is a lot). Also the time to weapon swap and cast Hex Blast could have been used to loop more Impending Doom explosions with the self-cast despair.

But thank you for the suggestion, if you misunderstood the way Doom works plenty of others must have too so it's a good learning opportunity. Also, thank you for the Hex Blast suggestion specifically. With the nature of it's scaling its power will only be revealed with actual in-game testing once the numbers come out.

Here’s how I may play this with Bane:

Let max curses = X Self cast a curse with impending doom support then cast bane that is linked with X curses. This will trigger the doom since the first curse is overwritten by bane curses. We should get all of banes damage plus the impending doom damage. After a quick test it seems we can self cast a curse then cast bane in quick succession, especially with a few cast speed nodes.

The skill showcase showed two self casted curses used to trigger doom, this setup should be superior with the bane dot damage overtop the impending doom.
The only question is the top end damage. Can’t use vixens with this setup since the doom self curse isn’t reliably triggered. We will see if hexblast can be a single target option or just stick with wither/ED
"
Sarophim написал:
Here’s how I may play this with Bane:

Let max curses = X Self cast a curse with impending doom support then cast bane that is linked with X curses. This will trigger the doom since the first curse is overwritten by bane curses. We should get all of banes damage plus the impending doom damage. After a quick test it seems we can self cast a curse then cast bane in quick succession, especially with a few cast speed nodes.

The skill showcase showed two self casted curses used to trigger doom, this setup should be superior with the bane dot damage overtop the impending doom.
The only question is the top end damage. Can’t use vixens with this setup since the doom self curse isn’t reliably triggered. We will see if hexblast can be a single target option or just stick with wither/ED

That's definitely a way to get better damage, especially if the Doom Explosions don't actually do much. I'm just a lazy 1 button player so my goal was to make a build that I knew I would enjoy playing. My one concern is if its even worth going curse then bane, because at that point would it be more damage to just go ED/Contagion, that'll be up to testing.

Also you could definitely still use Vixens for the extra curse (as a cheap early game option), just don't slot curses in it. Make it one of the support setups. Or slot enough curses in it to just get to your curse limit (X-1) then you can use a 1 curse full damage bane setup and get the same effect but with way more damage. Just the curse in the Bane should be the same curse as the self cast one to guarantee the override.

Actually that's another way of doing it without scaling the curses, just make the self cast curse and the bane curse the same and it'll always override, which means its the exact same as the showcase just with bane DOT added on top.

If you do end up trying this out in league don't be afraid to shoot me a message or comment on the guide to let me know how it goes. Also sorry, I know I'm really long winded.
Following this guide, I have always loved curses and profane bloom explosions. Nothing better than having Sirus slowed so I can dodge his spells!
According to Bex in Heist FAQ 2

"When you recast the same curse, will it trigger Doom Blast?
No but it does when replacing it with another curse."

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
"
Chucacobra написал:
According to Bex in Heist FAQ 2

"When you recast the same curse, will it trigger Doom Blast?
No but it does when replacing it with another curse."

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

You are right, I didn't see this in the FAQ 2. Though we can still work around this. As a work around we actually go back to a older version of the build without whispers of doom. We also remove spell echo as it hinders more than helps.

I will add all theses changes and probably more with the coming of the patch notes later today.

Thank you very much.
I'm very interested in see what this turns out to be. I pretty much burned out back in Metamorph and am ready to casually come back and take it easy this league and this seems like a perfect way to go. If it doesn't work then it was interesting trying something different.
"
K33LIN написал:
"
LamSensei написал:
Another curse being applied triggers the damage application, so only one curse can build up doom at a time.

Exactly that is the reason behind spell echo. It applies Impending Doom and immediately replaces the curse activating it, then it applies Impending Doom again on the echo cast. So one curse is always building up doom.

Where is the information stating that only one curse can build up doom? Genuinely can't find this info.
Why want you to replace a curse with another curse to trigger Doom Blast?

You can spam Despair with Impending Doom and use Doomsday to automatically let it trigger after a sec. This is the lazy way.

Or you dont use Doomsday.
When using all Doom related nodes you get up to 44 Doom and 150% increased gain rate, which makes it so that after around 1.5 secs you have max Doom.
Then you could use Hexblast to trigger it together with Doom Blast in a big chaos explosion.
Gameplay is more clunky than just spamming Despair but damage should be alot higher on boss fights.

Hopefully Hexblast doesent remove the curse without triggering Doom Blast first.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация