[3.12] Doom Pop Occultist | New Impending Doom Support Build | Explosions Galore

When do we get these curse spells?
Australian Summoner-Main
i tried with vixen but the damage of only doom explode is squishy, and i dont feel good about the overwrite mechanic. sometimes it pops but almost of the time i need to do 2-3 repeat on 1 pack. but vixen is really decent anyway so i put on just enough curse to not overwrite curse from impending doom. then hex blast to start the explosion. but i dont really have good time on boss fight.
current link:
1.impending doom+frostbite+void manip+added chaos
2.ass mark+ despair+ conduct(shock)/enfeeble on vixen (will put 1 more when reach 5 limit)
3. hex blast+ add chaos+ void manip+ increa area/ concern (this will be 6l)
So what you're saying is that the whole build doesn't work basically? Wasn't the whole point to use vixens to constantly overwrite the curses triggering explosions
So far the impending doom explosion feels lackluster and better to just use bane - this whole doom thing just feels so clunky
Hi guys, two things that I believe will improve the build...
First, replace Punishment for flammability - the reason is that Impending Doom applies Hex Blast on Hex remove, so Hex Blast will give more damage for the low elemental resistance that will improve damage for ID and Herald of Ash.

Second, consider using Hex Blast and Full hex with no overlay because Hex Blast will remove the Hex and apply ID even Hex Blast be a little weird sometimes, maybe this will improve the damage considerably.

the problem is that will not be one button build.
Последняя редакция: MajorCalabresa. Время: 19 сент. 2020 г., 9:02:51
"
letteralex написал:
So what you're saying is that the whole build doesn't work basically? Wasn't the whole point to use vixens to constantly overwrite the curses triggering explosions

No it "works" you can overwrite despair with vixen and cause Impending Doom to explode, the problem is that it's damage is lack luster / barely passable.

On normal (white) mobs it's fine but on magical or rare (blue/yellow) mobs you're forced to use essence drain/hexblast to deal damage to them as the exploding of Impending doom just isn't very much.

Maybe there is a build within this but I don't we have the right combination of things to make it work (thought I could be wrong. I am not the most experience player).

Overally after trying it with vixens and profane bloom I think I'll have to tap out of this build. I can't see it working anymore past act 5 or 6.
"
yuuukkii написал:
"
letteralex написал:

No it "works" you can overwrite despair with vixen and cause Impending Doom to explode, the problem is that it's damage is lack luster / barely passable.

On normal (white) mobs it's fine but on magical or rare (blue/yellow) mobs you're forced to use essence drain/hexblast to deal damage to them as the exploding of Impending doom just isn't very much.

Maybe there is a build within this but I don't we have the right combination of things to make it work (thought I could be wrong. I am not the most experience player).

Overally after trying it with vixens and profane bloom I think I'll have to tap out of this build. I can't see it working anymore past act 5 or 6.

I dont agree. Im using doomsday + skittering runes (+10 max doom) and it hits hard. For bosses, yes im using hexblast + wither totem and damage is good too. I think this mechanic, you cant play like a machine gun explosions chains - you need to give time to build up doom on mobs.
Btw doomsday looks bad at first but - when you use despair second time to detonate mobs the effect stays on the ground - so any new monster that will enter circle will almost instantly get max doom, this way you can chain max doom explosions.
"
Gredzel написал:
"
yuuukkii написал:
"
letteralex написал:

I dont agree. Im using doomsday + skittering runes (+10 max doom) and it hits hard. For bosses, yes im using hexblast + wither totem and damage is good too. I think this mechanic, you cant play like a machine gun explosions chains - you need to give time to build up doom on mobs.
Btw doomsday looks bad at first but - when you use despair second time to detonate mobs the effect stays on the ground - so any new monster that will enter circle will almost instantly get max doom, this way you can chain max doom explosions.

Right, but at that point you're playing almost a totally different way. Doomsday hexblast is undoubtedly extremely strong. but that's not what the goal of this build was, and with vixens no longer working with bane, bane bloom builds are being hit too.

The concept of using overwriting hexes to deal damage via impending doom seems improbable. but there is something in hexblast and maxing out dooms for sure.
I'm currently at act 6 running the cold variation using a version of Pohx's build (Hierophant):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrNboA16tOs

I'm just adapting to an occultist version of his skill tree:

Like @yuuukkii is saying white mobs explode pretty easily, and most yellows I'm running into.

The biggest issue I'm having is suitability, mainly because I'm not used to playing/building a caster for a league starter.

The other problem seems to be line of sight, screwing over hexblast targeting. Which is why Pohx suggested using unleash, so that it re-targets the next closest mob.

I'm also having a ton of trouble watching for the 'pulse' of the hex on the mob, that indicates whether they are at full doom or not.
Последняя редакция: Silvist. Время: 19 сент. 2020 г., 22:15:48
Hey looks like topic/build is dead but i will share my findings - well... Impending Doom, hexblast is trash:D
Anyway, i liked idea of killing monster by casting curses and my plan was to play pop occultist this league, so i decided to try, test and try again different items, gems etc to make it work somehow.
So that my character atm:
game play - https://youtu.be/ZMlzsBTJ0i4
POB-https://pastebin.com/j0mJ0u4L
Im using Impending doom + Soulrend + ED.
Impending doom setup is for activating arcane surge ( thats best way of using it xD) + cursing + triggering Soulrend by:

To make despair (Impending doom) setup cost 100 mana im useing:

which is a downside because it dont benefit build a lot. Maybe i will find a different way in the future to make despair cost 100 mana and not using a lot of skill points. And i have 6 link ED in chest for bosses. Atm POB shows 1,3m total shaper dps. And still there is room for improvements with more currency.
Its tanky as well with CI, aliments immune, regen from ED, leech and some block.
Its fairly budget i think. Probably cluster jewels are most expensive and i have belt for 5 ex with aspect of spider which i cant reserve ( long story xD)

Maybe it will be useful for someone that dont have time, currency to reroll, or maybe someone have suggestion how to improve this build.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация