[3.12] DemiVFX's Anti-Cold Res Penta-Curse LL Hexblast Occultist | Satisfying Clear | ✅ 2m Avg Hit ✅

"
DemiVFX написал:
"
RichRamp написал:
Hm why we using herald of ash when we get rare wand?

I'm using it to help out clear with pops a bit. It's not the biggest help but it def leaves less stragglers behind. Keep in mind that we deal no physical damage, so Herald of Ash doesn't add any fire damage. At the moment it's SOLELY a clear booster. If you're fine with clear without it and would prefer to replace it, you absolutely can!

If talking strictly about clear potential, why not simply adjust mapping setup to incorporate Punishment hex instead of one of the defensive hexes. It's a budget defense hex itself, as debilitate applies only once enemies are hit whereas temp chains/enfeeble effects are instant. So there will always be that ~1s between the hex going off and application of debilitate (if you're waiting for doom to build up), but it's still something. However, it is the explosion based on overkill dmg from enemies killed under the Punishment hex (similar to how herald of ash works) that would help with clear speed and basically replace herald, thus allowing for mana to be reserved by something else instead.

Punishment is probably the easiest solution to solving clear speed issues in a build like this. Having a high curse limit allows makes it the cheapest way of getting guaranteed explosions. Plus, the explosions are only gonna get stronger with more gear (= more damage = higher overkill), especially once you go LL.
"
Gruum712 написал:
"
DemiVFX написал:
"
RichRamp написал:
Hm why we using herald of ash when we get rare wand?

I'm using it to help out clear with pops a bit. It's not the biggest help but it def leaves less stragglers behind. Keep in mind that we deal no physical damage, so Herald of Ash doesn't add any fire damage. At the moment it's SOLELY a clear booster. If you're fine with clear without it and would prefer to replace it, you absolutely can!

If talking strictly about clear potential, why not simply adjust mapping setup to incorporate Punishment hex instead of one of the defensive hexes. It's a budget defense hex itself, as debilitate applies only once enemies are hit whereas temp chains/enfeeble effects are instant. So there will always be that ~1s between the hex going off and application of debilitate (if you're waiting for doom to build up), but it's still something. However, it is the explosion based on overkill dmg from enemies killed under the Punishment hex (similar to how herald of ash works) that would help with clear speed and basically replace herald, thus allowing for mana to be reserved by something else instead.

Punishment is probably the easiest solution to solving clear speed issues in a build like this. Having a high curse limit allows makes it the cheapest way of getting guaranteed explosions. Plus, the explosions are only gonna get stronger with more gear (= more damage = higher overkill), especially once you go LL.

We actually are using punishment for overkill explosions as well as defensively, and it's one of many explosion layers here. We've got Profane Bloom, Impending Doom, Punishment and Herald of Ash explosions.

Herald of Ash is definitely optional but I prefer having it on myself. If you'd like, since a clearing buff is about all it offers and our clear is already pretty good, you can absolutely replace it with something else!

Honestly, I'm considering making a non-LL, bow/Asphyxia's Wrath version of this build to see how good the clear is with curse prolif and punishment/profane bloom/impending doom explosions alone.
Yeah I see now that I'm taking my time to go through the guide and pob. I was just thinking that it seems to be a waste reserving 25% mana for a small bit of extra clear, especially if you're still leaving stragglers behind. Another idea (purely theoretical and more endgear oriented) is that you could go with almost the same intended setup but invest into reduced mana reservation and go with blasphemy + one of the curses for speed clear. Probably requires a lot of gear, and definitely swapping to LL, in order to make up for the loss of doom, but it's just a thought.

Another thing I've just noticed and wanted to ask about. Why do you go for Malicious Intent down, just above scion life cluster? Looks like a waste of 6 passive points to me.
Последняя редакция: Gruum712. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 6:21:05
"
Gruum712 написал:
Yeah I see now that I'm taking my time to go through the guide and pob. I was just thinking that it seems to be a waste reserving 25% mana for a small bit of extra clear, especially if you're still leaving stragglers behind. Another idea (purely theoretical and more endgear oriented) is that you could go with almost the same intended setup but invest into reduced mana reservation and go with blasphemy + one of the curses for speed clear. Probably requires a lot of gear, and definitely swapping to LL, in order to make up for the loss of doom, but it's just a thought.

Another thing I've just noticed and wanted to ask about. Why do you go for Malicious Intent down, just above scion life cluster? Looks like a waste of 6 passive points to me.

This is actually a fantastic idea! I'm playing around with it rn, and honestly the clear became one button and I could easily take off herald of ash. I'm gonna see if I can mock up an optimized version, using blasphemy for clear/cursing packs. It looks like I'll need to get some AoE from the tree at the very least, reorganize the gems, etc. I also think I'm gonna keep Frostbite on self cast for bossing, since we really do need Doom somewhere.

I originally went for Malicious Intent to boost the time to get max Doom stacks but honestly it's so negligible that I'm gonna respec that on the next update.

EDIT: On closer inspection I can't reasonably convert this build to use Blasphemy on 3+ curses, Discipline, Zealotry and Skitterbots without completely redoing it from the ground up, and likely as another ascendancy. Also, since I only tried it out in Blood Aqueducts I'm not sure how well the clear would translate into maps without self casting at least one curse on packs anyway for Impending Doom and buffing Hexblast shockwave. If anyone else can come up with anything I'd absolutely love to see what you get! Send me PoBs if you have any ideas!
Последняя редакция: DemiVFX. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 8:09:55
Hmm you taked fire walker and frost walker for resists? If yes, with gear we can unspec this, go to zealoth's oath and instead of herald of ash we can take vitality to more surv, good idea?
Just bought almost full gear but trying some ideas with tree before lvling
Последняя редакция: RichRamp. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 8:49:53
"
RichRamp написал:
Hmm you taked fire walker and frost walker for resists? If yes, with gear we can unspec this, go to zealoth's oath and instead of herald of ash we can take vitality to more surv, good idea?
Just bought almost full gear but trying some ideas with tree before lvling

Those two aren't taken for resists, they're taken so that we can generate endurance and frenzy charges via red/green dream/nightmare jewels!
This might be (and probably is) an outrageously stupid question, I've been out of the PoE scene for a while, but...where's all the cold damage coming from lol? I play on console so it's not released yet for me but from what I've read on the gem description, Hexblast does chaos damage. Where's all the cold damage coming from?
"
Aquiline_Fury написал:
This might be (and probably is) an outrageously stupid question, I've been out of the PoE scene for a while, but...where's all the cold damage coming from lol? I play on console so it's not released yet for me but from what I've read on the gem description, Hexblast does chaos damage. Where's all the cold damage coming from?

Hi, welcome back gamer!

You're right, Hexblast deals chaos damage and only chaos damage, but it's got a unique property where the chaos damage it deals is resisted by the lowest possible resistance the enemy has, as opposed to only being resisted by their chaos resistance. That means in our case, we're scaling Hexblast by reducing enemy cold resistance as much as possible! Fully minmaxed we should be able to get sirus down to around -190% cold resistance (lvl 21/23 gems, woke cold pen, etc). That means that the enemies chaos resistance doesn't matter, as hexblast will deal chaos damage and the enemy will resist it as if it was cold damage.

Unfortunately, a lot of people have been turned off Hexblast because of the Doom mechanics, and the single target generally lacks later on and they reroll into an archmage/ignite version, but as far as I'm aware, I haven't seen any builds scale negative cold res as much as mine, so I'm gonna truly try and give this build a fair chance and minmax it as much as possible before making a conclusion. For all I know it could spike hard later. It's doing well for me so far, but I haven't reached the "fall off" point everyone else has yet due to having less time to play recently.
A few things:

1) Conc Effect does work with Hexblast but only applies to the 2nd-ary effect of the Explosion if a hex is removed (in-game tooltip cannot know if a hex was removed so it doesn't account for it). Note, a single target cannot get hit by the Single-target of Hexblast and secondary AoE explosion, so it's more of a pack-clear gem (or for bosses with adds).

2) PoB 1.4.170.12 should be out later today that has full support for Hexblast + Doom Counter (in Config) and using lowest resistance for Chaos Dmg calculation (along with proper implementation of all alternative quality gems).

3) I find Impending Doom rather useful, give it a go.

4) Until I find or can afford a Shavs, I found a 5L The Covenant really useful (they are very cheap) to give you the 6L experience. Makes Mana issues largely go away too and Hexblast is not expensive to cast.

5) Energy Leech is very powerful on this build with the Soul Tether belt.

6) I use Withering Step and Vaal Blight for Wither stacking on single-target. Withering Step is also useful in Heists to run through things fast (shares cooldown with Flaming Dash obviously... I really need to get them linked up with Second Wind).

7) The display bug on elemental penetration in PoB is b/c you don't have the "Ignore Skill Hit Damage" checked at bottom of that section.

I've been busy fixing bugs in PoB (I'm one of the devs) so I just go into mapping so my gems/gear is somewhat trashy but here is my build/gear:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/K6cMH15y

I need to get better jewels (+7% life on them) for sure and improve my Cluster jewels to have 3 Notables.
Nostrademous
"
Nostrademous написал:
A few things:

1) Conc Effect does work with Hexblast but only applies to the 2nd-ary effect of the Explosion if a hex is removed (in-game tooltip cannot know if a hex was removed so it doesn't account for it). Note, a single target cannot get hit by the Single-target of Hexblast and secondary AoE explosion, so it's more of a pack-clear gem (or for bosses with adds).

2) PoB 1.4.170.12 should be out later today that has full support for Hexblast + Doom Counter (in Config) and using lowest resistance for Chaos Dmg calculation (along with proper implementation of all alternative quality gems).

3) I find Impending Doom rather useful, give it a go.

4) Until I find or can afford a Shavs, I found a 5L The Covenant really useful (they are very cheap) to give you the 6L experience. Makes Mana issues largely go away too and Hexblast is not expensive to cast.

5) Energy Leech is very powerful on this build with the Soul Tether belt.

6) I use Withering Step and Vaal Blight for Wither stacking on single-target. Withering Step is also useful in Heists to run through things fast (shares cooldown with Flaming Dash obviously... I really need to get them linked up with Second Wind).

7) The display bug on elemental penetration in PoB is b/c you don't have the "Ignore Skill Hit Damage" checked at bottom of that section.

I've been busy fixing bugs in PoB (I'm one of the devs) so I just go into mapping so my gems/gear is somewhat trashy but here is my build/gear:
PoB: https://pastebin.com/K6cMH15y

I need to get better jewels (+7% life on them) for sure and improve my Cluster jewels to have 3 Notables.

This is all very useful information, thank you so much!

1) Our clear is solid enough without conc effect that I don't think it's worth using, but I will update the guide to reflect more accurately how conc effect works with hexblast so I don't perpetuate misinformation.

2) Awesome, I can't wait to see what it looks like with proper calcs!

3) We do use Impending Doom! It's linked to our self cast curse along with empower (for more -#% res minmaxing stuff) and despite not really investing into it at all, it's incredibly helpful.

4) 5L The Covenant is actually a really solid suggestion pre-LL, I'll add this to the guide!

5) I'm hoping I can get by with a measly ~600 leech, but es leech does definitely seem strong, especially before we get skitterbots online for Hypothermia synergy.

6) I honestly kinda forgot withering step exists, but using it + vaal blight would absolutely be another valid reason to swap from Withering Presence to another node with your last 2 ascendancy points.

7) I see. As far as I'm aware I need to enable "Enemy was hit by Fire Damage" for the calcs tab to display the overall Enemy Resistance stat correctly though, am I wrong? As far as I can tell the +25 from EE is only present in that specific line, but doesn't get factored into the overall Enemy Resistance output.

Thank you so much for your contributions to PoB, I'd be dead without it <3
Последняя редакция: DemiVFX. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 11:25:48

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация