[3.12] DemiVFX's Anti-Cold Res Penta-Curse LL Hexblast Occultist | Satisfying Clear | ✅ 2m Avg Hit ✅

"
DemiVFX написал:

7) I see. As far as I'm aware I need to enable "Enemy was hit by Fire Damage" for the calcs tab to display the overall Enemy Resistance stat correctly though, am I wrong? As far as I can tell the +25 from EE is only present in that specific line, but doesn't get factored into the overall Enemy Resistance output.

Thank you so much for your contributions to PoB, I'd be dead without it <3

Yeah, "Enemy was hit by <ELEMENT> Damage" makes it work just display erroneously. For you ELEMENT = Fire, for me ELEMENT = Lightning (I prefer the strong initial Ignite burns). The "text" of the one line you pointed out in your image as being wrong gets fixed if you ALSO checkmark "Ignore Skill Hit Damage".

Also, I use Frost Bomb to apply Cold Exposure (you have it from your helm). Frost Bomb applies the exposure with each pulse while the Cold Damage doesn't trigger until 2 seconds later when the explosion occurs (so it doesn't screw up the EE setup, just Frost Bomb and the Hexblast "BEFORE" Frost Bomb explodes). You use a Helm to get the Exposure but Frost Bomb is another method. You can leave it at Level 1 even.

Also, I think I'm going to try and add Flesh and Stone for Sand Stance (Blind on nearby enemies and reduce damage from afar enemies) as another defensive measure. As I get currency/gear I'll see where I end up.

Nice guide by the way!!!
Nostrademous
Последняя редакция: Nostrademous. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 12:49:55
I've been playing around with blasphemy-frostbite-eleweakness. That way you can one-click through white packs.

Wouldn't generic rare boots be better than windscream (take out the punishment)? Better life/es and 30% ms.

I'll add Wither Totem in as soons as I have stopped constantly switchign / experimenting all the other gems.

I'm at yellow maps now, recently respect from Bane. Atm I gotta say Bane + Blight for single target felt a lot better vs anything that's not white/blue. And Bane as a clear skill does essentially what we do but with one cast. Maybe I'm just doing single target wrong, hexblast has a lot of moving parts to make work. But I'm not sure if hexblast will in the end not be bane with extra steps. Then again I haven't explored crits or ignites yet.

Hope I'll figure it out before I give in to simplicity and spec back to bane ;)
Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is about vengeance.
- John Oliver

Had a Chaos-DoT-Caster-guide for any class, then 2021 patches happened^^ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485596
Последняя редакция: Lightelder. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 14:13:32
"
DemiVFX написал:
"
Gruum712 написал:
Yeah I see now that I'm taking my time to go through the guide and pob. I was just thinking that it seems to be a waste reserving 25% mana for a small bit of extra clear, especially if you're still leaving stragglers behind. Another idea (purely theoretical and more endgear oriented) is that you could go with almost the same intended setup but invest into reduced mana reservation and go with blasphemy + one of the curses for speed clear. Probably requires a lot of gear, and definitely swapping to LL, in order to make up for the loss of doom, but it's just a thought.

Another thing I've just noticed and wanted to ask about. Why do you go for Malicious Intent down, just above scion life cluster? Looks like a waste of 6 passive points to me.

This is actually a fantastic idea! I'm playing around with it rn, and honestly the clear became one button and I could easily take off herald of ash. I'm gonna see if I can mock up an optimized version, using blasphemy for clear/cursing packs. It looks like I'll need to get some AoE from the tree at the very least, reorganize the gems, etc. I also think I'm gonna keep Frostbite on self cast for bossing, since we really do need Doom somewhere.

I originally went for Malicious Intent to boost the time to get max Doom stacks but honestly it's so negligible that I'm gonna respec that on the next update.

EDIT: On closer inspection I can't reasonably convert this build to use Blasphemy on 3+ curses, Discipline, Zealotry and Skitterbots without completely redoing it from the ground up, and likely as another ascendancy. Also, since I only tried it out in Blood Aqueducts I'm not sure how well the clear would translate into maps without self casting at least one curse on packs anyway for Impending Doom and buffing Hexblast shockwave. If anyone else can come up with anything I'd absolutely love to see what you get! Send me PoBs if you have any ideas!

What I meant is to run just one hex on Blasphemy for faster clear. So it's just swapping out HoA for a Blasphemy hex, the rest stays the same (1 hex for selfcasting and the other 2 or 3 on vixens). Obviously this means you'll not be making use of the other hexes 100% of the time while mapping, which is why I mentioned that it'd probably be relevant only when you've got most of the endgame gear sorted out and the entire build is in its place. You'll still be able to selfcast your "doom" hex on tougher packs and bosses that spawn during the map, but for the sake of clearspeed you'll have that 1 Blasphemy hex which will allow you to just run around and press 1 button throughout most of the map. Would require testing to see which is most optimal, frostbite/ele weakness if you're missing dmg or if not, then probably punishment for explosions.

Also, I pointed out Malicious Intent because the way I understand its wording is that all it does is give your hexes instantaneous 4 doom right on application, rather than increasing total max doom you can have, which is why I thought of it as quite pointless. The rest of the passives don't justify spending 6 points to get there.
Последняя редакция: Gruum712. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 16:07:42
Hey, saw your build and running quite the same, but I m wondering why you'd rather use Punishement instead of despair (for the add chaos dmg)?
"
DemiVFX написал:

You're right, Hexblast deals chaos damage and only chaos damage, but it's got a unique property where the chaos damage it deals is resisted by the lowest possible resistance the enemy has, as opposed to only being resisted by their chaos resistance. That means in our case, we're scaling Hexblast by reducing enemy cold resistance as much as possible! Fully minmaxed we should be able to get sirus down to around -190% cold resistance (lvl 21/23 gems, woke cold pen, etc). That means that the enemies chaos resistance doesn't matter, as hexblast will deal chaos damage and the enemy will resist it as if it was cold damage.

Doesn't this mean that hypothermia is absolutely useless? What am I getting wrong?
I reported my other posts, lagged pretty bad, sorry for the multiposts.
Последняя редакция: Crypto. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 18:05:49
"
Thottz написал:
Hey, saw your build and running quite the same, but I m wondering why you'd rather use Punishement instead of despair (for the add chaos dmg)?

Well the only thing despair offers is flat added chaos dmg, but punishment provides a defensive layer along with more clear potential. Nothing stopping you from using despair if you wish!
"
Crypto написал:
"
DemiVFX написал:

You're right, Hexblast deals chaos damage and only chaos damage, but it's got a unique property where the chaos damage it deals is resisted by the lowest possible resistance the enemy has, as opposed to only being resisted by their chaos resistance. That means in our case, we're scaling Hexblast by reducing enemy cold resistance as much as possible! Fully minmaxed we should be able to get sirus down to around -190% cold resistance (lvl 21/23 gems, woke cold pen, etc). That means that the enemies chaos resistance doesn't matter, as hexblast will deal chaos damage and the enemy will resist it as if it was cold damage.

Doesn't this mean that hypothermia is absolutely useless? What am I getting wrong?
I reported my other posts, lagged pretty bad, sorry for the multiposts.

Hypothermia supports spells with a +#% more multiplier if the enemy is chilled. We chill a bit to begin with but once Skitterbots come online that multiplier is almost always active. You should probably run Energy Leech support in place of it until skitterbots come online, and even then, sticking with Energy Leech is entirely valid!
"
Gruum712 написал:
"
DemiVFX написал:
"
Gruum712 написал:
Yeah I see now that I'm taking my time to go through the guide and pob. I was just thinking that it seems to be a waste reserving 25% mana for a small bit of extra clear, especially if you're still leaving stragglers behind. Another idea (purely theoretical and more endgear oriented) is that you could go with almost the same intended setup but invest into reduced mana reservation and go with blasphemy + one of the curses for speed clear. Probably requires a lot of gear, and definitely swapping to LL, in order to make up for the loss of doom, but it's just a thought.

Another thing I've just noticed and wanted to ask about. Why do you go for Malicious Intent down, just above scion life cluster? Looks like a waste of 6 passive points to me.

This is actually a fantastic idea! I'm playing around with it rn, and honestly the clear became one button and I could easily take off herald of ash. I'm gonna see if I can mock up an optimized version, using blasphemy for clear/cursing packs. It looks like I'll need to get some AoE from the tree at the very least, reorganize the gems, etc. I also think I'm gonna keep Frostbite on self cast for bossing, since we really do need Doom somewhere.

I originally went for Malicious Intent to boost the time to get max Doom stacks but honestly it's so negligible that I'm gonna respec that on the next update.

EDIT: On closer inspection I can't reasonably convert this build to use Blasphemy on 3+ curses, Discipline, Zealotry and Skitterbots without completely redoing it from the ground up, and likely as another ascendancy. Also, since I only tried it out in Blood Aqueducts I'm not sure how well the clear would translate into maps without self casting at least one curse on packs anyway for Impending Doom and buffing Hexblast shockwave. If anyone else can come up with anything I'd absolutely love to see what you get! Send me PoBs if you have any ideas!

What I meant is to run just one hex on Blasphemy for faster clear. So it's just swapping out HoA for a Blasphemy hex, the rest stays the same (1 hex for selfcasting and the other 2 or 3 on vixens). Obviously this means you'll not be making use of the other hexes 100% of the time while mapping, which is why I mentioned that it'd probably be relevant only when you've got most of the endgame gear sorted out and the entire build is in its place. You'll still be able to selfcast your "doom" hex on tougher packs and bosses that spawn during the map, but for the sake of clearspeed you'll have that 1 Blasphemy hex which will allow you to just run around and press 1 button throughout most of the map. Would require testing to see which is most optimal, frostbite/ele weakness if you're missing dmg or if not, then probably punishment for explosions.

Also, I pointed out Malicious Intent because the way I understand its wording is that all it does is give your hexes instantaneous 4 doom right on application, rather than increasing total max doom you can have, which is why I thought of it as quite pointless. The rest of the passives don't justify spending 6 points to get there.

Ok I get what you're saying now. I do like the idea a lot, I just need to find a place to slot it in later. The problem is blasphemy is gonna take up another gem slot so I'll have to reorganize the gems to get it to fit. I'm sure I can find a way to add it I just gotta sleep for now. Thanks for the suggestion btw!
you can get things as low as -300% res (yes even on sirus) without too much difficulty.

anyway, i highly suggest you do not use conc effect. it doesn't benefit the HIT of hexblast, only the explosion, so its doing literally nothing for single target.

also, it lowers the aoe for clear, which is really bad. you should use awakened cold pen or awakened inc aoe or energy shield leech or anything else really, IMO

it is a fun build but the single target does kinda suck. very satisfying clear though, thats for sure
Hi,finging this thread stopped me from giving up on my hexblaster, so thanks!

I noticed after trying out your latest change (speccing out of malicious intent) that the clearspeed has gone down significantly, after some testing i realized that apparently Malicious intents "inflicted hexes" does seem to count the ones cast by Vixens, thus giving us a nice boost in "isntant" doom for clear and allowing us to pick doomsday for single target to shorten the time between hexblasts. (1 second for maxdoom as opposed to 2-3 ish)
thoughts on this?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация