[3.16] Caustic Arrow/Death's Oath Occultist [Life based Chaos Autobomber]

"
Wolrajh написал:
"
SUNRA3000 написал:

Yes I have seen in POE Ninja people are doing this, they are also dropping Enduring Cry for CWDT + Immortal Call, I just don't understand where do they get endurance charges from to use Immortal Call.

It usually doesn't matter, people use it with 0 endurance charges as a "defense burst" if you will. It only uses charges to provide better defense, but at base it's still a nice little protection against damage spike. For me it doubles down as a very visual hint that I'm getting whooped down there :D
If you have something to provide you with endurance charging without interfering with the rest of the build it's nice, but not that much needed. ( I still remember the days when it was giving full physical immunity... good times. Yet even nerfed it's still okay )

Thank you for the insight on immortal call, I will look into it as I get more currency and levels, I think it's the way to go specially when changing from Single to dual Cluster setup.

I tried to see if I could fit Enfeeble but it is a major headache as we need to move it to the helmet together with another Enlighten or leave it in the Gloves with another Blasphemy, otherwise we don't have enough unreserved mana, then all the other tech needs to be re-arranged, so after an hour breaking my head I decided to do something a lot simpler:

Replaced Enduring Cry with Steelskin on left mouse button just because I always forget to click Enduring Cry on the heat of battle so it becomes useless.

Replaced Blink Arrow and Faster Attacks with Dash and Second Wind, putting Withering Step on Space Bar, this allows me to cast Withering Step manually when I need it the most and also to not die to Sirus when Chilled or Shocked because I will have Dash ready.

(Still thinking about Flame Dash as it can be useful without a support gem but by percentage on POE Ninja people are using more Dash than Flame Dash and since it's only for emergencies like Uber Bosses one-shots I think Dash might be better, this will of course change with the CWDT+Immortal Call+Enduring Composure tech, by then I will have no option than to use Flame Dash)

NOTE: Enduring Eternal Mana Flask (of Something) solves all our mana problems on Bosses!
Последняя редакция: SUNRA3000. Время: 28 авг. 2021 г., 22:11:03
"
SUNRA3000 написал:
Replaced Enduring Cry with Steelskin on left mouse button just because I always forget to click Enduring Cry on the heat of battle so it becomes useless.
Funnily I replaced Steelskin on left click with cwdt immortal call because steelskin kept interrupting my withering step when on auto cast.
"
SUNRA3000 написал:

I tried to see if I could fit Enfeeble but it is a major headache as we need to move it to the helmet together with another Enlighten or leave it in the Gloves with another Blasphemy, otherwise we don't have enough unreserved mana, then all the other tech needs to be re-arranged, so after an hour breaking my head I decided to do something a lot simpler:

I guess if you could nab the malevolence enchant you could just get away without a second enlighten ? Can't really tell, I have none of the three special gems yet, still using lifetap to cast Caustic Arrow, no enlighten on the auras, etc ; and putting Enfeeble in the helmet reserves the same amount of mana as non-enlightened Flesh and Stone ^^'
I too am toying with the idea of using Enfeeble, at least to try it out. It would make a clever use of our two curses ability, but I dread loosing the Blind from Flesh and Stone for now.

I don't think I would have put a non instant cast Enduring Cry ( or any other non-instant cries for that matter ) on left click to begin with =) Walk 50meters, stop/cast, walk, stop/cast, etc! Joke aside, I'd rather keep Withering Step on the left click ; Steelskin would overwrite WS probably as soon as you start moving after casting the latter and it would require some excellent timing to be able to keep both active - WS cast first will be deleted by Steelskin, but SS first will get along with WS afaik.
It's just like what Viktranka said, basically.

"
Viktranka написал:
Funnily I replaced Steelskin on left click with cwdt immortal call because steelskin kept interrupting my withering step when on auto cast.

"
Wolrajh написал:

I guess if you could nab the malevolence enchant you could just get away without a second enlighten ? Can't really tell, I have none of the three special gems yet, still using lifetap to cast Caustic Arrow, no enlighten on the auras, etc ; and putting Enfeeble in the helmet reserves the same amount of mana as non-enlightened Flesh and Stone ^^'
I too am toying with the idea of using Enfeeble, at least to try it out. It would make a clever use of our two curses ability, but I dread loosing the Blind from Flesh and Stone for now.

I don't think I would have put a non instant cast Enduring Cry ( or any other non-instant cries for that matter ) on left click to begin with =) Walk 50meters, stop/cast, walk, stop/cast, etc! Joke aside, I'd rather keep Withering Step on the left click ; Steelskin would overwrite WS probably as soon as you start moving after casting the latter and it would require some excellent timing to be able to keep both active - WS cast first will be deleted by Steelskin, but SS first will get along with WS afaik.
It's just like what Viktranka said, basically.

Yes it was a failed experiment, I've putted things back like they were before.

Even adding another movement skill is not working so well with manual Withering Step, cooldown is very long.

I failed Sirus 3 times because of the last phase even with corrupted blood jewel the Ailments make me slow and if withering step is not up the Die beam kills me. So, I was looking to fix that with a faster movement skill I guess I will have to learn how to time the Blink Arrow better.

Are there videos of this build doing harder content like Maven/Sirus? Can this build do them?
livejamie
My only problem with this build is killing bosses that don't stand still in the Caustic Arrow degen, like Al-Hezmin.

It's not difficult but he moves fast so it takes a while to die.

For mapping is the most fun build that i ever played.
Последняя редакция: xNanoNinja. Время: 30 авг. 2021 г., 22:41:07
Does Headhunter anything for this build?

I am looking for something passive that can use HH, but isn't a summoner. This seems like there's no unique slot for belt (perhaps Torrent reclamation just for extra movement)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Loving the build. Still getting used to it all but it has been very fun. I am struggling with bossing but that is skill rather than build and being very used to super tanky melee builds. Still learning how to dodge better.

there is alot on ninja playing with HH so it must be viable. bloody huge investment if it isnt good though. I still want to play with flasks and save up for a few better gems but I am happy with what i have. I run wither on left click and cwdt on immortal call and when the symbol comes up i am mashing flame dash like a madman...works most of the time. I cannot see how anyone can play without enduring cry. I would love to invest in speeding up the cooldowns but the build needs the life...I am still too low.

Overall this build saved me from quitting the league and it is up there with the best for mapping and feels kind of similiar to RF which has always been my favourite.

Cheers for guide!
Hi, I've converted one of my Lv.99 Witch in Standard into this build and had a blast with it.
Thanks OP for the amazing guide.

Since I'm using this character mainly for running Heist, I try to integrate The Traitor from Brutal Retrain Timeless Jewel into this. The goal is to achieve 100% Quicksilver Flask uptime during Heist, which has limited flask sustain due to lack of mobs.

I'm using a flask charges gained belt, 2x Careful Conservationist small passive node, and 3x Brewed for Potency node.
With 80% increase flask charge gained, 39% charges recovery prefix on my quicksliver, and 3 empty flask slot, I was able to gain 30 flask charges every 5 seconds (if my Forbidden Taste was full) which is almost 100% uptime.

While the DPS would be lower but I'd say it's totally worth it for the speed during the slowest content in the game.

- - - - -

Here's some video if anyone's interested:
Random Gianna's Heist contract
The Twin Contract
Random Grand Heist
Random Map

- - - - -

My current Gear (standard gear):

pob: https://pastebin.com/adjJDa18

- The % chance for flask to not use charges was a failed Hunter Slam and does nothing.

- Still trying to get a good Watcher Eyes, I'm broke from crafting the gear so that need to wait.

- Using Withering Steps on gloves because I kind of want it to trigger Lifetap for Death Aura automatically on left-click.

- Enduring Composure = Easy endurance charge with 2 points, I got it from a Megalomaniac with another usable notable.

Anyway, thanks for the build and sorry for the long reply.
Последняя редакция: the_overmind92. Время: 1 сент. 2021 г., 12:51:54
Very bad build for intermediate players don't try just waste for time

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация