[3.15] Holy Relics Necromancer [All Content? Maybe | League Starter? Yes!] Lets taste this nerfs.

Introduction
Hello everyone! Inspired by a great guide of
"
Moosseolini написал:
I decided to try it out and path more towards the Necromancer. The build I ended up with, I'm having lot of fun for several leagues already. So I decided to share it with you.

Compared to Guardian, it is a little bit more demanding on starting items but can provide you with a little bit more damage on a long run, due to Necro ascendancy, while still keeping that survivability high.

Also on a side note, excuse me for any grammar mistakes in advance, english is not my native language. Feel free to point them out so I would fix those at once.

Pros and Cons

Pros
✔ Durable. Max Attacks and Spell Block (No Glancing Blows), Endurance Charges, Recover Life and Energy Shiled on Block, 5-6k life + 1.5k ES, Fortify, can cap Chaos resist if you really want to optimize your gear.
✔ Decent damage. Can scale up to 5M+ DPS.
✔ Easy to play. Easy to league start.
✔ Great feeling of progression once you start getting those core items.
✔ Gear is relatively cheap
✔ Decent at killing bosses
✔ Clear speed is pretty fast

Cons
✘ Vulnerable to Phys Reflect/No Regen
✘ Can feel cluncky at the begining. Needs core items to properly function.
✘ Boss killing speed might not be the fastest

PoB
https://pastebin.com/MR2bEvrV

Skill gems

Here is my curent set up for gems. All of the listed active gems will be marked with #, while supports will be mrked with +.
Gems hilighted by yellow text are optional and can be used at the start of the game, but should be swapped out later on.
Gems listed below are listed in priority. If you lack gem slots, use gems in the listed order.

Main Setup (Chest)

# Summon Holy Relic
+ Minion Damage
+ Controlled Destruction
+ Added Fire Damage
+ Increased Area of Effect
+ Brutality
+ Empower
+ Predator

Simple as that - more damage = more fun. Use Area of Effect support for extra clear, till you get enough range on your relics through ascendancy. I personaly have it on swap up to a very late game. It just adds a lot of clear speed like that.

Use Added Fire Damage before you can get Brutality.

Activation Setup (Boots)

Before you have Trigger Socketed Gems When You Use A Skill craft on your weapon use this

Activation Setup (Boots)

# Cyclone
+ Cast while Channelling
# Bone Offering
# Desecrate

This will trigger your Bone Offering for block stacks, while also making your relics attack.

After you have Trigger Socketed Gems When You Use A Skill craft on your weapon use this

Activation Setup (Boots)

# Static Strike
+ Ancestral Call
+ Increased Duration
+ Fortify

Strike once to get 4 seconds window to zoom between packs with extra layer of protection from Fortify.

Note: It is important to reserve specifically boots slot for this setup in case if you get supported by Increased Duration and/or Fortify as one of the boots affixes.

Utility Setup (Gloves)

# Flame Dash
# Steelskin
# Vaal Molten Shell
# Reckoning
# Tempest Shield

Reckoning is VERY IMPORTANT. It will trigger your relics attack as you block. It will cause your relics to damage enmies if you are frozen, stunned, alt tabbed, picking up syndicate rewards, server laggin, etc. I can't stress enough how many times this gem alone saved my life.

Utility Setup (Weapon)

# Vulnerability
# Bone Offering
# Desecrate

Nothing to add here. All this skill will trigger from your weapon, giving you block and damage boost.

Buffer Setup (Shield)

# Summon Chaos Golem
+ Feeding Frenzy
+ Maim

Don't bother too much about keeping golem alive. Having it alive give you ~20% more DPS and extra physical damage reduction. I usually summon it on bosses if it dies a lot.

Aura Setup (Helmet)

# Pride
# Zealotry
+ Enlighten
# War Banner

Make sure to have enough mana to summon relics when they die. Slot in War Banner only if you have enough unreserved mana. 10% dmg boost it gives is not worth it if your relics die and you can't ressumon them.

Gear

Leveling Gear

For leveling you can use pretty much what you can find. Its not very important what gear you have up to the point of ~lvl 68 where you can start using some core items.

Mid Game and Early Mapping Gear

There are few core items that will make this build feel much better once you get them
Mid Game and Early Mapping Gear

Shield

Generally speaking, Ahn's provides you with better protection before you have scaled you block. Once your block values are high, Sentari's will help you to cap out on blocking, while also giving you a bit more damage from Punishment curse.

Body Armour

Any 6-link will do. But if you manage to get your gand on Dialla's and give it as many red stockets as you can, you pretty much will have your end game chest.

Gloves

The best you can get is gloves with Rampage. It will double if not tripple your clear speed, provie you with massive healing and won't cost you an arm and a leg. Aim to get one of those as soon as possible.

Weapon

Any one handed you can get with Trigger Socketed Spells. This should be your main priority even over getting a second relic from your helm.

Getting this craft means
- You will no longer have to cast Bone Offering and Vulnerability manualy.
- You will no longer need to hold a Cyclone button.
- You can transition to Static Strike that will give you Fortify buff.

Bonus points if you can get Alva mod with minion damage.

Important: Never aim on getting weapon with slow attack speed. Anything below 1.5 feels unaplayable. Only get it if you are out of other options, because you will have to replace it.

Boots

Your regular rare boots with moves speed, life and resist.

Bonus points if you can hit that life regen enchant.

Tip: Aim on getting boots with high armour as it will not only contribute to your damage mitigation, but also will make your gem sockets red for that Static Strike setup.

Amulet

This cheap little thing will push your block up. I personally leanig towards keeping this amulet up to the very end game, even when given an option to get +1 to int gems amulet instead.

Bonus points if you anoint Deflection on it, as it will make you pretty much invulnerable. But opalescent oil can be expensive.

Rings and Belt

Your regular Life and Resist items.

Cluster Jewels and Jewels

About between Mid and End game you will be able to have enough poassive points to slot in some cluster jewels.

Here is what you looking for.

Feasting Fiends on a large cluster jewel. This one is high priority as it will boost your relic survivability by a ton, as well as help keep things like Renewal active.

Fortress Covenant gives a fair bit of damage and when slotted in medium cluster jewel slot - doesn't have downside effects.

Master of Command on a medium cluster jewel for 50% reduced Mana Reservation of Banner Skills. This will let you slot in War Banner and have enough unreserved mana even if you don't have Enlighten gem. Later on you can swap this jewel for extra Renewal

Rote Reinforcement - on a small cluster jewel gives you much needed attack block AND generates endurance charges, letting you refund Inexorable from your tree, saving few passive points.

Thread of Hope - lets you save few extra points on a tree at cost fo losing resistances. You need the one with Large radius.

Glorious Vanity with Corrupted Soul - exepensive jewel, but it gives ~2000 energy shield, boosting your survivability even further beyond. Important to notice that it also consumes ALL you intelligence and mana nodes in radius. It can render you unable to cast your abilities due to lack of mana. Use with caution.

End Game Gear and Crafting Tips.

Mid game gear is enough to push you to red maps. But if you really wanna go further and feel comfortable farming t16+ your next upgrades will be (listed in order of getting them):
End Game Gear and Crafting Tips

Body Armour

Skin of the Loyal by itself will provide you with extra layer of protection. You can push it even further getting that sweet sweet +1 to socketed gems corruption for a good DPS boost.

Shield

High life, high block+spell block shaper shield.
You are looking to outvalue your current 30% attack block 10% spell block Sentari's.

Crafting tips: I personaly just chaos spam any of the following bases (in that order of value)

Ezomite Tower Shield
Ebony Tower Shield
Pinacle Tower shield

untill I get at least life + spell block roll. Recover life/ES on block can be nice, but not required.

Gloves

Null and Void is a good upgrade that will provide you with a good chunk of life as well as phys damage imunity.

But whats better than Rampage, giving you speed, blowing up corpses and exploding your enemies?

Something that does it constantly. A heavy price for a maximum clear speed

And naturally you gonna need a boss killing gloves on swap.

Any gloves with some extra life and Vulnerability on hit will do. If you want to push it even further, try getting hunter gloves with Unnerve on hit AND corrupt them with Vulnerability for maximum single target DPS.

Weapon

Its nearly impossible to get, but...
+1 to all spell skill gems
Alva mod with minion damage
Trigger socketed gems craft.

Crafting tips: My way of crafting it was - getting the weapon with Alva mod, then beast craft it with remove/add preffix/suffix till I either roll +1 to all spell skill gems, or Alva mod gets removed. Then you need to get a new base.

My current gear
Current PoB https://pastebin.com/Yv7qjncm

Passives

Ascendancy

Necromancer. It will provide you with high block chance, massive healing on block and a massive damage boost in form of +2 to minion gems. Very similar to guardian bonuses with a bit less defence and more offense.

The order would be:
- Mistress of Sacrifice - to get your block and healing going

- Plaguebringer - to get AOE and some damage reduction.

- Then path down to Unnatural Strength - you will only need it later on as you will have enough damage to deal with content as is.

Pantheon

Soul of the Brine King - just because it saves you 3 passive points on a tree letting you not take Unwavering Stance. You need stun immunity or you can just get chain stunned.

Soul of Gruthkul - you are getting hit a lot (even though you block everything) = extra phys reduction.

Sometimes degen areas like burning ground (especially from harbingers) or desecrated ground can be an issue. If you feel like you are having troubles with those degens - get respective lesser god.

Bandits

Just kill all. You have no need in extra protection bandits provide, and having 2 passive points means 10% extra life, that combines with your protections so well.

Important little things

Spiritual Aid
on a passive tree is an important node to take, because it amplifies damage done by effects caused by your gloves. Be it rampage corpse explosion, or Asenath's explode on kill effect, the damage scales massively from that node.

Inexorable
node on passive tree provides you with a great layer of protection. You are considered hit even if you block the hit, so you will ALWAY have maximum endurance charges. Take it as soon as you can.

Predator
support gem with active part. Using its mark counts as using minion skill recently, and will trigger all damage boosting effects. It has no mana cost or cooldown, so use it any time you need extra damage from Enduring Bond or similar effects from Abyss Jewels.

No regen/Phys reflect maps.
You can potentially do them. It would require you to have "damage taken gained as mana" craft on ring - for no regen maps, and Triad's Grip (don't forget to remove Brutality) for phys reflect maps. I personally find it too bothersome to care and just reroll the map. Later on, you can also craft rings with reduced reflected damage taken and solve the problem once and for all.

Minion Instability
great keystone to carry you through acts. Using Holly relic from lvl 1 may not be the best idea, especially since you don't have access to Static Strike or Cyclone. Summon Raging Spirits with Infernal Legion and Minion Instability can push you through first few acts till you get to better gems.

Minion Life Leech
a good ay to keep your relics alive. If you can't find cluster jewel with it - grab it on a passive skill tree. It really helps with keeping relics alive and fully healed.
Последняя редакция: Fire_Archer. Время: 23 июля 2021 г., 13:51:14
Last bumped on 21 июля 2021 г., 2:36:12
Changelog

3.12 - Heist

-Updated current gear for Flashback event

3.14 - Ultimatum
-Build update

-Spell errors fix, updated current gear.
Последняя редакция: Fire_Archer. Время: 9 июня 2021 г., 8:26:21
3.13.0 - Path of Exile: Echoes of the Atlas

The wave of impactful changes has passed, so lets counts the losses and gains.

Losses

Скрытый текст
1) Necromancer ascendancy got nerfed a little bit.

-5% increased damage from every small passive node, resulting total -20% increased damage.

Not a big deal. On this build it reflects as ~4% DPS loss.
Considering how hard other summoner builds got hit its nothing, but its still a nerf.

2) Renewal passive from medium and Large cluster jewels - power got cut in half, now granting 5% for minions to do double damage (previously 10%)

That hurts, especially since this build was using 3 Renewals. Each 5% loss reflects in this build as a 4% DPS loss, for a total 12% DPS loss.

12% is a lot. For a comparison 12% DPS is value of having War Banner or Vulnerability.

But there is a way to mitigate that damage loss, replacing Renewal with other cluster passives that I will talk about down below.

Gains

Скрытый текст

1) Change to the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy notable

Gives up 10% more skill effect duration at cost of reducing minions duration by 30%

A tiny bit of a buff for our build. We don't summon minions that are non-permanent. So nerf to a minion duration does nothing, 10% extra duration makes Static Strike and Bone Offering a bit better.

2) Static Strike duration buffed.

Static Strike now has +1 second to its base duration.

Another little buff to QoL for this build. 1 second is not much but with all the extra duration from gems and tree you get a total of ~6 seconds uptime (previously ~4 seconds) to move from pack to pack before you would need to activate it again. Making mapping that much smoother.

Changes to the build

Скрытый текст
The build stays unchanged for the most part.
The only thing to conciser is swapping some cluster jewels around.

1) Large cluster jewel.
It stays unchanged. Renewal is STILL the best DPS option from a minion cluster jewel. And you want to have minion cluster jewel as Large, because of the small passives that give +10% increased damage to minions.

2) Medium cluster jewel.
With Renewal nerfed that are lots of valid (or even better) options for cluster passives.

Such as:

-Effect of non-curse aurar medium cluster jewel with Master of Command

You will be using this one for a while anyway. Might as well keep it as it now provides similar DPS as Renewal.

-Curse effect medium cluster jewel with Master of Fear and Wish for Death

Master of Fear makes enemies take 10% more damage if they are cursed.
Wish for Death gives you culling strike against cursed enemies, effectively reducing enemy HP by 10%
Both notables are great for a boss farm, and having them on just one jewel might save you some points.

Just to be clear each of this notables is BETTER than nerfed Renewal. The downside is - unlike Renewal, same notables does not stack with itself. So you can't have 2xMaster of Fear or 2xWish for Death.

Conclusion.

From the looks of it 3.13 is going to be a great league of relics. Not only we managed to dodge the nerf waves aimed at summoner, but also the league itself looks like a perfect time to play relics.

Both new boss fight AND league mechanics from ritual will lock you up in a tight circular arena. From the looks of it both arenas will be just about the size (or slightly bigger) of Relic Nova explosion, letting us over it fully with damage;. Build also provides a massive survivability against boss encounters.

Some tweaks should be done to cluseters, I will try to update PoB shortly.
Последняя редакция: Fire_Archer. Время: 13 янв. 2021 г., 2:10:55
Hey there! I promised to take a look at the PoB a long time ago and never got around to it, so I thought I would share my thoughts here. The build is looking really good in my opinion. Capped block without Rumi's Concoction active is really quite an achievement. The build all around looks like a great take of Summon Holy Relic Necromancer. The relics are also really tanky in this version which is very nice.

Here's a couple of tips to make it even better:

1) Spiritual Aid is not doing anything for your relics. I think it is a wasted point
2) You have a lot of over-capped elemental resistances. You can probably find a way to pick up more chaos resistance on your gear.
3) Following from the previous point, a higher chaos resistance will allow you to use Forbidden Taste instead of Blood of the Karui for instant full life recovery with minimal downside.
4) Divergent Bone Offering and Tempest Shield can give you a little bit more block chance.
5) Since there are only a few good flask choices, I would recommend re-optimising the build to be at full block chance only while Rumi's Concoction is active. This could open up some more options.

Hope this helps!

Here's a PoB with a few changes: https://pastebin.com/a1nkFXu8
Последняя редакция: Moosseolini. Время: 13 янв. 2021 г., 17:30:33
Looking good. I did Moosseolini's guardian version in Harvest and I was eyeing it for this league also, but I think I'll try this for a change.

Thanks!
"
Moosseolini написал:
Hey there! I promised to take a look at the PoB a long time ago and never got around to it, so I thought I would share my thoughts here. The build is looking really good in my opinion. Capped block without Rumi's Concoction active is really quite an achievement. The build all around looks like a great take of Summon Holy Relic Necromancer. The relics are also really tanky in this version which is very nice.

Here's a couple of tips to make it even better:

1) Spiritual Aid is not doing anything for your relics. I think it is a wasted point
2) You have a lot of over-capped elemental resistances. You can probably find a way to pick up more chaos resistance on your gear.
3) Following from the previous point, a higher chaos resistance will allow you to use Forbidden Taste instead of Blood of the Karui for instant full life recovery with minimal downside.
4) Divergent Bone Offering and Tempest Shield can give you a little bit more block chance.
5) Since there are only a few good flask choices, I would recommend re-optimising the build to be at full block chance only while Rumi's Concoction is active. This could open up some more options.

Hope this helps!

Here's a PoB with a few changes: https://pastebin.com/a1nkFXu8

Thank you so much for spending your time reviewing the build. It means a lot to me since you were the one who game me inspiration to try and modify relics as well as stea- errr borrow the carcass of the guide.

Now to the tips

1) Spiritual Aid is actually a HUGE deal, since I am using rampage effects/Asenath explosion from gloves. Spiritual Aid makes your OWN damage scale globally from any minion damage node you take. And you take a lot of those. And all the effects coming from your gloves are scaled as well. Massive difference between blowing up packs of mobs offscreen vs doing nothing but 1% of their hp as damage. The clear speed becomes that much faster with it.

2) Absolutely true, you can cap chaos resist, but its not as easy to do, especially since you don't take resist notable in ascendancy AND you have to fit Thread of Hope that lowers your resist.

On top of that, resists shown in PoB also boosted by the fact that you have 3 endurance charges, and that is not always the case. Also its very nice to have overcap resist in case you get ele weakness cursed.

That being said, capping chaos res is doable, I just used gear I could find during the game, and it was not enough.

3) I have mixed feeling about Forbidden Taste. Its more of a personal preference but, I see it like that. You have high block and essentially if you take a big hit, the chances are you gonna get hit again is low (famous last words). That means that by the time you get hit again, the regen from the BoK will heal you up and IF you get hit again, you gonna get fully healed with BoK special effect.

So its kinda like healing twice for one flask use. On top of that, most things that hurt me is degen effects, and having heal over time is what I use to negate them.

That being said, Forbidden Taste is a valid option and if you prefer having instant panic heal, use it instead.

I will add it to the guide, as it also provides phasing and dodge, both being good defensive layers that will add up to the survivability.

4) Never thought about those ones, its seems like a great area to explore. I will add them to the guide. Also Anomalous Reckoning - reducing enemy damage by 10% is super nice to have.

5) This is also a personal preference, but I feel like relying on the flask is not something I should do. You should be pretty much immortal against regular enemies even if you don't have block capped, but what it comes down to for me is bossing. If you have to relly on the flask to have your block up in a boss fight, you prolly run out of it and die.

But if you feel like you can go on with using flasks you absolutely can drop some block and put more points in life or minion damage. For me, who plays with 5 fps and 300 ping, I try to make a build as much idiot proof as possible xD
A little update on how build doing this league - I'm having fun.
Took down Sirus, Shaper, Elder and chilling in T16 maps.

Not gonna lie, I do feel the damage nerf. So far its manageable, but it will certainly be a problem when Maven spawns in Cortex or something.

Current gear
Скрытый текст

Current PoB

https://pastebin.com/rP2vCvdR

With insane scepter like that I would be around 6M dps in previous league. Here I'm just at 2M.

I might have to drop the amulet and get +1 to skills amulet at cost of not having spell block capped.
Последняя редакция: Fire_Archer. Время: 21 янв. 2021 г., 7:56:28
Hi, mate!

You posted very interesing build setup. I was impressed with some ideas that you use and copied couple of them to my build.

I was playing Holy Relics from the Heist League, you can still find my character and it's tree in chars list, but it was cost me a fortune to fully optimize it. Block/Spellblock 75/75, all res, chaos res 75, Armor 15k w/ Flasks, defense from Corrupted blood and very nice ES and HP regen. I was capable to do everything in Heist but the build was expensive.

Usually I don't have a lot of currency to invest and looking for a build that is cheap, has good defense and damage. This league I 'm playing Holy Relics as well and was able to achieve almost same layer of defenses, spending around 300x in total. The only thing is left for me, to replace Empower lvl3 to lvl4 to get damage boost necessary for Tier 16+ maps. Now I'm playing most of the time T13-T14 and it feels very comfortable. Besides that, I'm using 5link body ATM) which I can also upgrade in the future to get even more damage.

You can compare trees of both builds to see what's the difference and may be you can find interesting ideas to copy to make your Holy Relics even better.

Thank you very much for your post.
Последняя редакция: Helmsman527. Время: 27 янв. 2021 г., 2:17:22
Oh boy, here we go again.

Let me start with showing off how my Ritual league went with this build.
(Its literally just a show off, feel free to skip that part)

Скрытый текст

Road so far

The build itself https://pastebin.com/cqYmt2nT and all the items I got.

Challenges - 36 - all solo.
Atlas - fully cleared.
Maven - very much doable.
Witnessed bosses - all.
Oshabi - easiest fight.

The only thing that I was not able to do was The Feared invitation. Reason being - Atziri. Atziri is already the hardest boss in the game for this build due to reflect and one-shot skills that demolish relics. She kills them faster than you can summon them.

And as a bonus

The tweaks I made to the build during Ritual league.
Скрытый текст

1)
added this little guy to my flasks. Not only it helps mitigating cold degen zones (one of the only things that does damage to us with this build) but it helps with phys damage EVEN further. Great flask to have.

2)

As reminded me by
"
Helmsman527 написал:
may be you can find interesting ideas to copy to make your Holy Relics even better.
this gem exists. You don't really need it, but later on you can grab it instead of Arcane Guarding cluster, getting extra elemental resists, that in turn lets you cap your Chaos res better.

3)
Megalomaniac is an interesting one. Basically, since we only need 1 notable from our usual cluster jewels, why not use Megalomaniac that has one node from each and save some points?

And because notable we need are not rare or too desired, you can find one for pretty cheap.

Here is another version of what you can get.

4)
Frost bomb socketed in weapon instead of Vulnerability were doing lot of work reducing Maven's healing.

5)
Jewel with onslaught on kill boosts clearing speed even more. NOTE that you don't get the kill if relic kills the enemy. So it really only works if you have Athenas.

What to expect during Ultimatum league.
Скрытый текст

Well the wave of nerfs was not too harsh for us. There are only 3 things that affected the build.
1) Trigger craft nerf - cooldown boosted to 8 seconds. This is not a problem because base duration of abilities we trigger is more than 8 seconds. In fact, maybe it will be cheaper to get this craft early league now.
2) Renewal nerfed by 1 %. We lost some damage. Not a big chunk like last time, but still feels bad man.
3) Corrupted Soul nerf. The 5% reduction converts into loss of 400+ energy shield. This hurts. Now Divine Flesh might be a better option as before they were pretty much even.

Overall things are looking bright, especially with enchants being more accessible, we surely can make up for all the damage lost from before.

The legue mechanic itself looking to be a perfect fit for this build, just like Ritual was before.

Plans for the future.
Скрытый текст
Build didn't really change at all since two leagues ago. I'll try to update it for the new tree EVENTUALLY...

Also planning to add two new sections.
Boss Kill Difficulty - where I will list the bosses this build struggle with
List of Priorities - where I will list items you want to grab the most as soon as possible.

Hope everyone will have fun next league despite the salty taste of blood it seems to be providing.
Последняя редакция: Fire_Archer. Время: 15 апр. 2021 г., 9:44:53
I'll be league starting this in ultimatum, looking forward to see how it performs! Thanks for putting the build together, it's very comprehensive.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация