[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

Use whatever skill you're confortable with, in ritual i used crackling lance: was pretty nice

Tested Glacial cascade this league was ok, but i prefer Hudrosphere in the end (thanks to mister toothman) not particulary op just feels good to control on screen

ps: Forgot to mention hydroshpere gives -10 exposure to light and cold resist wich is pretty dam nice

PSA: skeleton mages are bugged in POB, shows 5% to crit chance only for fire skele; in reality all have 5% base crit chance.
Has its importance if you try stuff
Последняя редакция: Promaore. Время: 5 авг. 2021 г., 10:22:57
Looks very silent here, damn... :-)

Anyway, i started with a different build this league, but i'm back to skeletons for now, faster endgame grind challenges etc. And this is my version of this build for 3.15. I wanted to try something else then 7L Lioneyes Vision once again, so skellies are in helmet now. And even after all the nerfs this league, i already have more damage then ever before! :-)

Equip need just some minor touches, better jewels, especially wanna replace both rings with delve minion damage, but there are none good ones for sale now...

Hey EvilMindez, nice gear there

You can go for a Sacrifial Garb (+1 level of all vall skill gem implicit armor) to gain another 10% more damage on skeles

the %phys as choas mod is bonkers
25% increase effect of offering mod could be very nice (it's like rumi numbers for block) but couldn't resolve myself to reroll over this one

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3163665

got this version going wich i feel pretty good about
Basically i swapped charge spectres for DPS spectres " Baranites Preachers " best i found so far bc they provides a very different projectile style and overall very good clear
I tried this in SSF as I got Dead Reckoning pretty early on from a ritual - it got me reasonably far but really seemed to hit a wall in terms of endgame, not least because of Enlighten 4 and the + all spell skill gems. Not enough hours in the year for me to try to grind or craft any of those!

Clear felt pretty good but red map corrupted bosses and blight bosses just seemed to be a total DPS nightmare. I ended up migrating that char to trade as it wasn't going to get any better.

Now that I'm in trade, are there any suggestions on whether to stick with this build or make some changes? I like the idea of cold conversion with triad grip but keen to see how others got on and how much roughly they invested in currency to get there.
Got to level 90 with this build, with not the worst gear but not great either:

https://pastebin.com/cQxUbQ1a

I'm struggling with T10 rare, corrupted maps, where I get creamed and have to walk through very slowly, constantly casting my skellies in front of me.

Now I'm wondering if I should invest more in this build or switch to one of the Kay's Summoner builds.

If I should switch, which of those builds would be the most cost effective improvement over this build?

If I should stay with this build and try to improve my gear, what would make the biggest difference?
This guide is amazing, unlike so many "starter" builds this one absolutely slays indeed at a low budget, I am clearing T16 maps and four watchstone conquerors with it.

And that was before I scored this chest for just 40c yesterday
and I stole some gem ideas from Kay's relevant guide. As you can see my gems are not yet fully leveled, working on that -- but skeletons are lvl32 and the predator support with this chest also got a three level boost, never hurts. Dropping "signal prey" on a runic monster is so satisfying. Why did they rename from death mark, sigh, that was such a fun name.

lvl32 because: Lvl21 gem + 2 (unnatural strength) + wand + wand + amulet + 3 (empower lvl3 but it's lvl4 because of the chest explicit) + 2 chest implicit + 1 chest explicit. In other words, this chest gave me 4 levels on skeletons.

I even killed the Purifier with this thanks to a Zana mission. Woohooo. On to Sirus!

https://pastebin.com/fG6NBhQi every item here cost at most a logbook :) most much less. I daresay the empower lvl3 for 55c is the most expensive item I have.
Последняя редакция: TrappedInWraeclast. Время: 8 окт. 2021 г., 21:36:31
"
Promaore написал:
Hey EvilMindez, nice gear there

You can go for a Sacrifial Garb (+1 level of all vall skill gem implicit armor) to gain another 10% more damage on skeles

the %phys as choas mod is bonkers
25% increase effect of offering mod could be very nice (it's like rumi numbers for block) but couldn't resolve myself to reroll over this one

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3163665

got this version going wich i feel pretty good about
Basically i swapped charge spectres for DPS spectres " Baranites Preachers " best i found so far bc they provides a very different projectile style and overall very good clear

Not bad. I'm still thinking about what skelemage version i'll try this time... i really hope there are some nice new things in that new corruption system! :-)
Hmm, new tree looks very tricky. With EE nerfed and being moved far far away, thats huge DPS drop. I dont see an easy way to fix it, yet, as the "Minion Offence Mastery" doesnt really have much great things to choose from...

Maybe second large cluster and +2 charge aegis (which is now way closer)?
Последняя редакция: evilmindcz. Время: 18 окт. 2021 г., 16:03:05
Looks like we lost over 100% damage and some AS on small nodes, but it should be fixed before the league starts:

Bex_GGG
9h
I can't give you exact numbers just yet, but we're planning to adjust some Minion passives to include more increases to Minion Damage.

EDIT: should be fixed now
Последняя редакция: evilmindcz. Время: 19 окт. 2021 г., 9:30:25
this is nice :)

Awakened Minion Damage Support

Added
+1 to Level of Supported Minion Skill Gems

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация