[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

"
Cyander написал:

Personally I go the golem route as the increased buffs from the golems, both chaos and stone, provide you with a lot more tankiness. Especially if you invest a bit into it. That and golems provide more targets meaning you won't be focused as much.

How is the golem version doing? Damage still seem good?

Also, I love how you're wearing 10+ex in gear and a goldrim lol. You need to get a 2nd wind on Enduring cry to keep the buff up perm. Without it you have about a half second or so with no buff.

I was originally going to use the discharge chieftain build but I saw this build as the recommended one so I decided to try it. I just killed A4 Sirus today and can comfortably run t16s. I'm not at end game by an means, I just upgraded to a 6l searing touch today and am using a 5 socketed chest. I've seen some replies having some issues with the build, and as someone who hated it at first but began to enjoy it I wanted to post my thoughts on this build for some of the people who might be on the fence or struggling with it.

First off, the build is well made, straight to the point, and the gear/pantheon recommendations are clear and really easy to follow. I actually quit this character and tried selling off the gear for 2 days because I found that I was dying a lot, but I came back and gave it a second try and now I'm really enjoying it. Here's what I would recommend doing.

Watch bodhe's video where he runs his map, it helped me understand how to play this build in a...not stupid way. You cant exactly flame dash into every pack and face tank, it might work sometimes but you're asking to die. I go to the edge ish of a pack and discharge, and usually the ignite prolif will clear the whole thing. Don't be afraid to just discharge and run around for a second or two and let the damage happen off screen. You will usually kill everything in 1 go but you can come back later and reapply ignite to anything that survived. That being said this build isnt a glass cannon either, with the aegis shield along with a leveled CWDT + Molten shell making you sufficiently tanky.

Get your level up! I quit playing this char at level 78 ish, but realized after coming back to it that the extra points really matter, if you use your early points for defense you have no damage, and if you use them for damage you're too squishy, so you need a lot of levels. 10c for a t15 beachhead map and go to global 820 to hop in a rota. It's slow but safe and you'll level up pretty easily that way if you don't want to do it alone in maps.

The next thing I would recommend is to really prioritize your gear upgrades. Armor armor armor armor gear is really important for getting your physical damage reduction up. I did that the first day when I decided to try the build again and I found my self dying much less. Go on poe trade and filter all your helmet by minimum 800 armor, gloves by 400 etc for everything, dont forget to add a life roll too. Kaom's way over Kaom's sign is a solid upgrade and it's fairly cheap so don't skip that.

I'm personally running the non blackflame version simply because there are visual artifacts?? (unless that's just on my end). But doing so lets me use malachai's ring with storm brand socksted in, which helps max lighting res, making it easier for me to find high armor + life gear simply because I only needed to search for fire/cold res on top.

After armor gear is up, get yourself a 6l realmshaper (dirt cheap) and the realm ender prophecy for 1c I forget what its called. Get your 6l realm ender which will be great damage and then save up for a searing touch, but realm ender is honestly enough damage to clear everything, searing touch just makes it go faster.

Pantheon recommendation is arakali as well, make sure it's upgraded. You can switch to solaris if you're gonna fight sirus and stuff like that but Arakali is the pick 95% of the time. I go with shakari for minor but you can pick whatever feels best for that one.

I cant really recommend much more for items since thats where I'm at. I'm planning to upgrade my belt to stygian so I can slot in a abyss jewel with corrupted blood immunity next, followed by properly coloring my gear to get a proper WoC curse setup running, followed by all awakened gems. After that would probably be -fire res helm and even more armor on my gear.

Map mods that I would reroll/skip are:
Chance to avoid elemental ailments
No regen
Temporal chains
It can do reflect!

General changes I did to this build and what I would recommend changing is that I spent 3 points and picked up unwavering stance. Getting stunned is depressing and the immunity is SO nice. I'm also using a replica fragile bloom for more life regen. It's not something that I think you need to have but I found the extra regen to be really clutch sometimes.

Lastly as a cautious recommendation, if you're leveling the build for ascendancy I would recommend getting bastion of elements before heart of destruction. I didn't do that myself but I found myself dying a lot between merc and uber lab, so maybe the shield is more valuable than the damage/aoe, not sure though.

Anyways this was long as hell but I really wanted to help out anyone who might be struggling or who may be frustrated with this build, it's not as tanky as chieftan would be obviously, but its fun as hell. Thanks again bodhe for the great guide!

Последняя редакция: DeluxeSandwich. Время: 23 янв. 2021 г., 0:37:49
"
DeluxeSandwich написал:

Anyways this was long as hell but I really wanted to help out anyone who might be struggling or who may be frustrated with this build, it's not as tanky as chieftan would be obviously, but its fun as hell. Thanks again bodhe for the great guide!

The artifacts are on GGG end, nothing to do with your setup, its annoying as hell.

And I agree about unwavering stance, I am currently running it because I don't want to farm lab until my +1 charge boots are done being harvest crafted. Once you can get 80% stun immunity if you've killed recently it should be sufficient to cover stuns.

Glad you're enjoying the build.
The enlighten confused me, as it seems redundant with just malev and skitter.
Suggestion:
- Totem setup into a 3L (minus faster casting)
- Blood Rage goes to the free 4th socket
- Sand stance to the aura setup to make use of enlighten
worth it IMO.
"
The enlighten confused me, as it seems redundant with just malev and skitter.
Suggestion:
- Totem setup into a 3L (minus faster casting)
- Blood Rage goes to the free 4th socket
- Sand stance to the aura setup to make use of enlighten
worth it IMO.

Are you specing mana reservation nodes? With level 3 enlighten you don't have enough mana to turn them on, with level 4 you still don't have enough for a single cast of discharge.
"
bodhe написал:
Are you specing mana reservation nodes?

Right, been playing around with the PoB for a while and forgot I picked up Sovereignty for my no-cluster setup which makes it work.
"
bodhe написал:
"
Cyander написал:

Personally I go the golem route as the increased buffs from the golems, both chaos and stone, provide you with a lot more tankiness. Especially if you invest a bit into it. That and golems provide more targets meaning you won't be focused as much.

Also, I love how you're wearing 10+ex in gear and a goldrim lol. You need to get a 2nd wind on Enduring cry to keep the buff up perm. Without it you have about a half second or so with no buff.

I adopted the Golem build, and also dropped all the mana regen and just went blood magic with unwavering stance (both of these make Discharge feel so smooth). I'm enjoying it, I wouldn't have thought about the golems or unwavering stance on my own, so I'm glad there's a lot of active discussions here.

level 89, 5.6k life, 13m DPS (6m against Sirus) no wither stacks. My phys reduction is huge at max stacks and chaos golem, I've got AR/ES and AR/EV for boots/gloves which at some point I'd like to be pure armour as it does make a big difference, and would also like to replace my Blizzard Crown(with a -enemies chaos res helm) eventually but I'm relying on it for a lot of my resists and would need to shift things around a lot.

I've been running all red maps, nothing really scares me outside of things I've never interacted with before (some league bosses and their mechanics, or just some really rippy map rolls on certain mobs)

Love the build, glad there's multiple people working on their own iterations and making it work for them. It's a very fluid build and I love that about it. Here's mine for those interested.

https://pastebin.com/crZGqjwZ
"
konakonakona написал:

I adopted the Golem build, and also dropped all the mana regen and just went blood magic with unwavering stance (both of these make Discharge feel so smooth). I'm enjoying it, I wouldn't have thought about the golems or unwavering stance on my own, so I'm glad there's a lot of active discussions here.

level 89, 5.6k life, 13m DPS (6m against Sirus) no wither stacks.

FYI, the DPS is 1.8M, total damage over the length of the ignite is 13m. Which is still enough to do everything, that's about what chieftain had last league.
"
bodhe написал:
"
konakonakona написал:

level 89, 5.6k life, 13m DPS (6m against Sirus) no wither stacks.

FYI, the DPS is 1.8M, total damage over the length of the ignite is 13m. Which is still enough to do everything, that's about what chieftain had last league.

True, didn't factor that. honestly explains a lot. So basically I shouldn't be aiming for highest combined total damage. Understood.
"
bodhe написал:
"
Cyander написал:

I know that goldrim seems out of place XD. I managed to luck out with a Shadowstitch which I could sell for 20ex. And I kinda wanted to buy the high budget stuff I've not been able to afford before. Goldrim will be replaced in time, once I need to, and can afford a full equipment upgrade again.

The damage at this moment is absolutely great, tier 1 and 2 conquerors get essentially oneshot, same for other bosses. I'm not that far in the Atlas yet so this will likely change later. But then again, it'd better be great for the cost of all those awakened gems.

The golems provide massive buffs at the moment, phys resist is easily at 75% and can get to about 90% with the basalt flask. Coupled with the high life regen, it doesn't feel inferior in tankiness to the Chieftain. It also really helps I'm immune to both elemental ailments, bleeds, hinder, and silence, which does end up helping a lot though you might not notice it as clearly.
It also helps that the golems function as bodyguards which indirectly buff tankiness as well.
My life is not high at the moment, only 3.5k which I am currently working at, but it isn't a problem due to tankiness.

Good reminder for the second wind on Enduring Cry, I'll get that set up. Just put it on the move button right?
Последняя редакция: Cyander. Время: 23 янв. 2021 г., 6:14:25

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация