[3.15] Elementalist Discharge | 3M+ DPS 10M+ total damage ignites | Purple and no Purple version

Definitely gonna try out this one this league. Your contagious burning discharge build was my favourite build to play last league so I'm having high hopes for this one.

What's the survivability like compared to the chieftain build? I was basically immortal on that one last league.
So glad I found the build before the league start, it's been a blast to play discharge again after a year off of PoE. Just wanted to get some people's thoughts on a few things. (maybe a few of them have already been brought up, I haven't read the whole thread).

So I think the right side of the tree is kind of a trap for us, specifically because of cluster jewels being probably just better (and not super expensive, I've bought both the two I'm proposing for around 30c give or take).

Without going into Large Clusters, we can just aim for Medium clusters with 4 passives and stacking the Circling Oblivion and Flow of Life notables. Basically going out to the shadow tree is 22 points (even more if you allocate the snowforged cluster), where we can easily put those points towards the Scion life wheel and cluster gems (20 points) for more damage, and similar survivability (if not better depending on how much you invest in the wheel).

I've added my proposed skill trees with a golem variant and non-golem to a pastebin with the rest of the skill trees linked in the OP (I've yet to try the golem one and I think the only thing holding it back is the lack of AoE that Heart of Destruction offers and that's arguably personal preference.)

https://pastebin.com/45keprWd

Big differences are mana regen and crit chance (these can be handled within the Witch tree or using the 3 extra jewel sockets created and still be spending similar points.)

I'm 87 currently and this includes all my current gear etc. https://pastebin.com/0nhZX1kj
"
Metaphyte написал:
Definitely gonna try out this one this league. Your contagious burning discharge build was my favourite build to play last league so I'm having high hopes for this one.

What's the survivability like compared to the chieftain build? I was basically immortal on that one last league.

It's bit more squishy, we are working on it now and trying to find the right balance. I think a lot of it was just due to stuns. I spec'd Unwavering last night to test and it felt a lot better. So until getting boot enchant I think its worth grabbing. We obviously don't have the same type of regen but still around 600/sec which isn't bad.

We get a lot of defense through offense though. Things just die much faster. It's also hard to compare because most of my deaths are from Sirus invasions and the ridiculous mobs he spawns, I think chieftain would be getting smacked by them also.

"
konakonakona написал:
So glad I found the build before the league start, it's been a blast to play discharge again after a year off of PoE. Just wanted to get some people's thoughts on a few things. (maybe a few of them have already been brought up, I haven't read the whole thread).

I mainly went right side for the extra mana regen, some crit for EO and a bit of duration. Plus damage.

Your version solves the duration, and increases life. Damage drops a bit.

Mana would be an issue, it's already sometimes a problem for me but mostly feels ok, I moved storm brand to blood magic as well, that helped. 10 less per discharge would be felt I think. Mana would need to be focused on with jewels to bring it up. For bosses it's a non issue, but fast mapping would cause issues.

If you stuck mana regen on every jewel it would be an improvement over mine.

So really is comes down to life vs damage.
Life is 300 more, regen is 225 more.
DPS is 1.6M less and duration is 1.5s more.

If you drop snowforged and explosive impact on my tree, grab the scion life node and an extra jewel socket. Put life on the jewel vs mana.

Life is 900 more, regen 50 more.
DPS 400k less, duration the same.

https://pastebin.com/TsJtuXX8

So slightly less sustain but more HP and still better damage. I think it just boils down to how tanky vs how much DPS you want, HC or very well geared can spec more life/defense and SC or lower geared can spec more damage so red maps still feel fast and fun.

Hello.

I do apologize or the newbie question, but would you mind explainning to me the setup with CWDT?

I'm a bit confused because the gems section for boots seems strange.

Should I use CWDT and with three out of four gems?
"
CWDT - Boots
Storm Brand - Vaal Molten Shell/Steelskin - Increased Crit Strikes - Power Charge on Crit

For example: CWDT - Storm Brand - Increased Crit strikes - Power charge on crit
or another combi: CWDT - Storm Brand - Power charge on crit - Steenskin?

Also, regarding the PoB link for blackflame, skill section says OOS, but gems is Storm Brand, why the difference?

"
berjkley написал:
Hello.

I do apologize or the newbie question, but would you mind explainning to me the setup with CWDT?

I forgot the change the title when we did a revision on gems. Correct gem links for boots would be:

Storm brand - Increased crit strikes - power charge on crit (linked)
Molten shell (does not need to be linked)
I'm loving the build and playing discharge, but I'm taking too much damage through eye of innocence. I'm only level 70 right now and just switched to eye of innocence, but when I'm clearing dense maps the damage I take though igniting is just to much.

I even added armour of the frost to deal with the fire damage, but still I'm super squishy as I lose like half my HP after igniting a whole screen.

Any tipps for me? Is there something im overlooking?

Fire res is capped at 76.
I never died so many times in my life. This build's survivability is zero.
Above tier 12 it's not unplayable. Especially the bosses when they melt you with any kind of ranged or melee skills.
I am a bit mad because it was a big waste of time to roll this build and level it up to tier 12 maps......
"
Luckinat0r написал:
I'm loving the build and playing discharge, but I'm taking too much damage through eye of innocence. I'm only level 70 right now and just switched to eye of innocence, but when I'm clearing dense maps the damage I take though igniting is just to much.

I even added armour of the frost to deal with the fire damage, but still I'm super squishy as I lose like half my HP after igniting a whole screen.

Uber lab will help a lot, a 3400 buffer for the eye of innocence hits. Though I never really noticed the damage unless my CWDT loop went nuts. I've did plenty of full screen clears in dense rituals and haven't noticed a dip.

I did notice you are at 76 fire res without charges, so on any ele weakness maps you are going to take some extra damage if your charges are down.

I am not sure when the hits are calculated from eye of innocence but if we assume its after the discharge and before the gaining back of all the charges that would be a big deal with ele weakness.

Your gear seems to be ok, I would hop on global 820 and get your trials finished up and grab uber lab asap.

"
spectermatwrz написал:
Above tier 12 it's not unplayable. Especially the bosses when they melt you with any kind of ranged or melee skills.
I am a bit mad because it was a big waste of time to roll this build and level it up to tier 12 maps......

I mean, there videos of me doing t15s without issue. I am 3 watch stones from being done and killed Sirus yesterday with one death. Granted it's not a tanky build but it does just fine in t16's.

You don't have a single piece of armor gear outside ambu's, so your phys reduction is nil and you have unwavering stance with 2 pieces of evasion gear, those are doing nothing. No chaos res on any rares.

And most importantly you don't have capped fire res without endurance charges, so as soon you discharge you are taking extra damage from eye of innocence, not to mention mobs. Currently you're at 63% fire res without charges. That's huge.

Buy some armor bases or spec out of damage nodes and grab some res/life nodes.
"
spectermatwrz написал:

As Bodhe said you need better gear, and you can always spec into more defence at the cost of damage. And damage isn't something this build lacks.

Personally I go the golem route as the increased buffs from the golems, both chaos and stone, provide you with a lot more tankiness. Especially if you invest a bit into it. That and golems provide more targets meaning you won't be focused as much.

Another option I can advise for mapping itself is using Lunaris and Gruthkul pantheons. Lunaris for more phys reduction with mobs, and Gruthkul gets triggered by eye of innocence procs as well.

Also, if you have boots that get you an additional endurance charge it'll be even better. Not only does your damage go up, but also your tankiness as a whole.

You'll notice the difference once you manage to have over 50% phys reduction.
"
Luckinat0r написал:

Easiest solution is to get a Cinderswallow Urn, it'll heal you back to full. Unfortunately it isn't so cheap atm. But I seriously recommend getting one when you can. Otherwhise getting a ruby flask will help too, as you'll take 20% less fire damage when it is active.
Bastion of elements should help too, bearing the brunt of it.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация