Stress-Free PoE! RIGHTEOUS GOLEMS (RF): No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

I have a marble amulet ready to go (standard mod stuff) but is this a better choice overall with the damage and phys reduction buffs?

"
Faldrath написал:
Hi Wrecker, thanks for the detailed guide. I've always liked RF, and it's nice to see a different take on it.

I feel like I'm almost there when it comes to survivability, but sometimes a flurry of very big physical hits can destroy me very quickly. I think part of it is me going too gung-ho into packs instead of slowly melting them from the borders, but I'm getting better at this.

I am aware I am still missing a couple of life nodes, but I get the feeling that even with a basalt flask, physical mitigation is very low. I wonder if you've thought about/tested a mid-level Arctic Armour instead of, say, the skitterbots. I know AA is very "old school", and it has gone through so many changes I'm not sure if it's a good choice these days!

Another thing I know I could do is link the golems with Blind, but I'd hate to lose Culling Strike on them - a free 10% of a boss health bar makes a huge difference.

Anyway, any thoughts about dealing with hard physical hits would be appreciated. Thanks again!

I can't comment on AA (no experience with it) but I've started to run into the same "squishy" problem now that I'm getting into higher tier maps at lvl 82.

I started using
before jumping into the fray of a large mob or when I get caught by a chest or something that drops a lot of phys damage on me. Lion's Roar may work also since it gets a melee damage buff for cylcone. Seems to work ok but I've having to bob & weave more with the elementalist version of this build than previous (and I'm not running caster gear) I can't really tell if the Primal Aegis works as intended since when I get hit hard and die it comes on really fast.

Vulnerability maps and other phys damage type mods really take a bite of me fast at this point.
"
Jancela написал:
Скрытый текст
Righteous fire is such a slow killer, but a slow kill is better than dying and loosing xp.

Currently doing tier 14-16 and it's going just slowly. I have to be really careful of what affix combos roll on maps in order to complete them.
At least Sirus is done so my quest log isn't taking up a chunk of my screen anymore.
Currently working on getting 10 maven all over the map and spawning my six set of watchstones.
Great job downing Sirus Jancela!

That's awesome. Ya, DOT skills need that extra investment. Keep up the good work and good luck with the Maven fights!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Faldrath написал:
Скрытый текст
Hi Wrecker, thanks for the detailed guide. I've always liked RF, and it's nice to see a different take on it.

I feel like I'm almost there when it comes to survivability, but sometimes a flurry of very big physical hits can destroy me very quickly. I think part of it is me going too gung-ho into packs instead of slowly melting them from the borders, but I'm getting better at this.

I am aware I am still missing a couple of life nodes, but I get the feeling that even with a basalt flask, physical mitigation is very low. I wonder if you've thought about/tested a mid-level Arctic Armour instead of, say, the skitterbots. I know AA is very "old school", and it has gone through so many changes I'm not sure if it's a good choice these days!

Another thing I know I could do is link the golems with Blind, but I'd hate to lose Culling Strike on them - a free 10% of a boss health bar makes a huge difference.

Anyway, any thoughts about dealing with hard physical hits would be appreciated. Thanks again!
That's a really good suggestion Faldrath!

Physical Damage mitigation is one of the weak points of the build and dot something to be apathetic about for sure. You're correct on that...it's one of the cons starting on the Northside of the tree. I LOVE AA. It's so fun. The hard part about the skill is that it only gives physical damage mitigation when you're still/stationary. So though that would help us be tankier, we still wouldn't have what it takes to be able to stay still long. The game is kinda unintentionally designed to keep players moving to stay alive. That's my take on it anyway. I can see them changing the gem soon for that reason.

Choosing Blind vs. Culling is really hard for me too. There isn't a wrong decision there at all.

Cyclone is kind of a pain because of its speed. So you could easily replace it with a melee skill of your choice. Granted that would likely make Life Gain on Hit less valuable, but getting to safety faster is more valuable than that. So Leap Slam, Shield Charge, even Charged Dash (which I love) are all good. Something that moves you (that you're comfortable with) that isn't dependant on accuracy to move. Moving will always be the key to low physical damage mitigation.

Does that help? Too generic?

And thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it :)./span]

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 12 февр. 2021 г., 15:30:10
"
Rex_Urhole написал:
Скрытый текст
I have a marble amulet ready to go (standard mod stuff) but is this a better choice overall with the damage and phys reduction buffs?

That's a hard choice! The physical damage mitigation is what this build needs, but life regen is too. The damage perks for the amulet are decent but not huge, but the AoE is nice. That's a hard choice Rex_Urhole ;).

Annnnnd

Последняя редакция: Wrecker_of_Days. Время: 12 февр. 2021 г., 15:32:07
I avoided sources of blind because I thought it got cancelled out by unwavering stance. is that wrong?

Is it safe to drop unwavering stance with enough life, in order to make blind useful?
"
Wrecker_of_Days написал:

Physical Damage mitigation is one of the weak points of the build and dot something to be apathetic about for sure. You're correct on that...it's one of the cons starting on the Northside of the tree. I LOVE AA. It's so fun. The hard part about the skill is that it only gives physical damage mitigation when you're still/stationary. So though that would help us be tankier, we still wouldn't have what it takes to be able to stay still long. The game is kinda unintentionally designed to keep players moving to stay alive. That's my take on it anyway. I can see them changing the gem soon for that reason.

Choosing Blind vs. Culling is really hard for me too. There isn't a wrong decision there at all.

Cyclone is kind of a pain because of its speed. So you could easily replace it with a melee skill of your choice. Granted that would likely make Life Gain on Hit less valuable, but getting to safety faster is more valuable than that. So Leap Slam, Shield Charge, even Charged Dash (which I love) are all good. Something that moves you (that you're comfortable with) that isn't dependant on accuracy to move. Moving will always be the key to low physical damage mitigation.

Does that help? Too generic?

And thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it :)

Oof, yeah, my mistake, I thought they had already changed AA to not require standing still. Ah well, scratch that. I'll add a granite flask to my basalt one, and try the charged dash in an unset ring, that might be enough. Thanks again for the build, I love how every little element seems so well thought out.

(also, the build excels at the most important PoE skill of all: breaking pots and barrels!)
Последняя редакция: Faldrath. Время: 12 февр. 2021 г., 20:32:22
I've been really enjoying playing this build, but have now hit a wall, and wondered how everyone else continues to improve their character.

I'm level 84, and am doing Tier 4 maps fairly comfortably, but am squishy on higher level maps.

Currently, I'm using filter number 1 from Wrecker's list, and very little gear seems to be dropping for me (at least anything showing through the filter).

I do need to 6 link my chest, which is currently 5 link, and I do need to sort some of the skill gems.

My main concern is the poor RNG in obtaining improved gear for the build.

Any help welcome, PLEASE. :)
"
Nedrab написал:
I've been really enjoying playing this build, but have now hit a wall, and wondered how everyone else continues to improve their character.

I'm level 84, and am doing Tier 4 maps fairly comfortably, but am squishy on higher level maps.

Currently, I'm using filter number 1 from Wrecker's list, and very little gear seems to be dropping for me (at least anything showing through the filter).

I do need to 6 link my chest, which is currently 5 link, and I do need to sort some of the skill gems.

You need to get rid of Bloodboil ASAP - it adds fire damage to attacks, which breaks Elemental Equilibrium. Also, Nycta's Lantern does almost nothing for RF - remember that "increased spell damage" does *not* benefit RF, only "increased fire damage", etc. There is an excellent part in the guide about that. Getting a better sceptre and making EE actually work will boost your damage considerably.

Also, you've been leveling up the CwDT+Ball Lightning+Flammability setup, which makes it proc not as often as it should. Follow the gem level limits in the guide (for both CwDT setups) and things should be smoother. Remember you can de-level a gem by vendoring it with an Orb of Scouring to remove one level.

Regarding survivability, I think that once you fix your damage, the best choice is to replace the inspiration setup with Life Gain on Hit for Cyclone, it really helps. See how it works and go from there.

As for gear, I'd say don't be afraid to try a little crafting and see how it goes. Throwing an essence at a good base, or even a little bit of alteration-spam can get you a pretty decent item without much investment. If you're not trading, it's hard to be completely at the whim of the drop RNG.
Последняя редакция: Faldrath. Время: 13 февр. 2021 г., 7:18:56
"
Faldrath написал:
"
Nedrab написал:

You need to get rid of Bloodboil ASAP - it adds fire damage to attacks, which breaks Elemental Equilibrium. Also, Nycta's Lantern does almost nothing for RF - remember that "increased spell damage" does *not* benefit RF, only "increased fire damage", etc. There is an excellent part in the guide about that. Getting a better sceptre and making EE actually work will boost your damage considerably.

Also, you've been leveling up the CwDT+Ball Lightning+Flammability setup, which makes it proc not as often as it should. Follow the gem level limits in the guide (for both CwDT setups) and things should be smoother. Remember you can de-level a gem by vendoring it with an Orb of Scouring to remove one level.

Regarding survivability, I think that once you fix your damage, the best choice is to replace the inspiration setup with Life Gain on Hit for Cyclone, it really helps. See how it works and go from there.

As for gear, I'd say don't be afraid to try a little crafting and see how it goes. Throwing an essence at a good base, or even a little bit of alteration-spam can get you a pretty decent item without much investment. If you're not trading, it's hard to be completely at the whim of the drop RNG.

Thank you very much Faldrath, I'll give your suggestions a go - some I had read within the notes, but clearly forgotten.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация