[3.14] Poisonous Dancing Duo Occultist - It's back!

After having so much fun with my passive DPS autobomber, I wanted to take a stab at The Dancing Duo.

I have always enjoyed the unique but never tried it with an occultist. So here we are. Amazing clear with satisfying explosions, severely debuffed mobs, and a fast playstyle with no buttons needed.

Patch 3.15

GGG killed the build with removing the poison gem, until minions get more ways to apply poison this one is done.

PoB - Use community fork version
Ignore PoB DPS, it isn't correct. It does not do well with Dancing Duo builds or Doedre's Skin.
Скрытый текст

https://pobb.in/aqS40T0vSnRv

Videos
Скрытый текст

Pros -
Скрытый текст

- No 6L required.
- Can run ALL map mods.
- 5 super buffed curses, auto applied while walking.
- No chase items needed.
- Cheap to start, lots of currency sinks endgame to min/max
- Great for Ultimatums. Passive DPS as you walk.

Cons -
Скрытый текст

- Not a one shot boss build - its a DoT, big bosses take awhile but are safe fights. Just run laps, same as Ultimatums.
- Need Dex from gear/tree/jewels or run lower level gems.

Gear -
Скрытый текст

Weapon -
Скрытый текст

The basis of the build, The Dancing Duo. Does NOT need 6L, or any L. Just 6S. ~10C

Helm -
Скрытый текст

Ancient Skull - ~1C
Try to get 25 Move speed roll.

Enchant with summon skitterbots reservation or Despair curse effect.

Chest -
Скрытый текст

Doedre's Skin - Does not need 6L, or any L, 6S is fine. ~1C

No rolls matter.

Gloves
Скрытый текст

Rare w/ life/res/dex

4 White Socket Triad Grip - more dps, expensive, not required. ~1.5ex

Boots
Скрытый текст

Rare w/ life/res/movespeed.

Amulet
Скрытый текст

Rare w/ life/res/dex

Anoint with Ravenous Horde. Verdant - Opalescent - Opalescent

Rings
Скрытый текст

Rare w/ life/res/dex

Replica Doedre's Damning x2 ~10c

Shoot for 35% curse effect, then hit with Caster catalyst.

Belt
Скрытый текст

Rare w/ life/res - Try for a stygian vise. Couple with a life/minion phys/taunt/accuracy jewel.

If you have really good jewels, T1 life, T1 res, T1 minion flat phys, T1 taunt. Use a Darkness Enthroned.

Flask
Скрытый текст

3x The Writhing Jar - worms for rampage start and continuation between phases or big gaps in packs.

Quicksilver for go fast - roll with more move speed

Quartz flask for phasing - roll with curse immune.

Jewels -
Скрытый текст

Cluster jewels -
1 Large minion dmg w/ 10+ passives a 35% increased effect. Renewel is a good node to have.
1 Medium Flask Effect w/ Mender's Wellspring and Spiked Concoction.
1 Medium Curse Effect w/ Misery Everlasting and Evil Eye
2 Small Life w/ Fettle or whichever life notable you can afford, Towering Threat is nice for the AoE on curses.

Abyss Jewels -
1 Amanamu's Gaze - Great DPS buff, cheap.
1x Fortress Covenant - Make sure this is in the right spot as per PoB
4x Ghastly Jewels w/ Life, Minion flat phys, and a combo of taunt, blind, accuracy and minion damage if used a minion skill recently.
(Best corruptions are cannot be hindered and immune to corrupted blood)

This is your currency sink. Passable jewels can be had for 10c a pop, great jewels for 1ex a pop, and amazing jewels for 10ex a pop.

Gems -
Скрытый текст

The Dancing Duo - 6S only
(Awakened) Minion Damage - Lesser Poison, (Awakened) Melee Physical Damage, Vile Toxins, Poison, (Awakened) Added Chaos Damage.

Auras - Helm
Summon Skitterbots - Enlighten , Flame Dash - Second Wind (I just run a portal gem, build runs pretty fast. Perm Onslaught, 30ms, Quicksilver and Phasing. )

CWDT - Gloves
Cast When Damage Taken (level 1) - Void Sphere - Immortal Call/Steelskin - Flesh Offering

Wither Totem - Boots
Wither - Spell totem, Vaal Summon Skeletons/SRS

You can run Melee Splash for killing worms at start of map, or Culling Strike or bossing, worms take longer to kill but cull helps for big bosses. Good place for a white socket.

Curses - Chest - 6S ok, no links required.
Despair - Enfeeble - Punishment - Vulnerability - Temporal Chains

If you have a 6L link them to Increased Area of Effect otherwise, a good spot for a portal gem.

Ascendancy/Pantheon/Bandits
Скрытый текст

Occultist - 1. Profane Bloom 2. Void Beacon 3. Withering Presence 4. Malediction

Major Pantheon - Brine king for stuns, or Lunaris for move speed/avoid/dmg reduction

Minor Pantheon - Ryslatha for flask charges.

Bandits - Kill all

Leveling
Скрытый текст

I leveled as a SRS bomber following this tree, plus minion instability. Just link SRS to Infernal legion, minion life, minion damage and go. As soon as you hit 54, switch to Dancing Dervish, then Duo and 65.

Mechanics Explained
Скрытый текст

The Dancing Duo -
The Dancing Duo is a neat unique, it acts as a weapon that gives rampage. Upon hitting rampage it jumps out of your hands to become a minion. Leaving you unarmed to sit back and watch the carnage. This affect lasts as long as we have rampage.

We are focusing on poison damage and very fast attack speeds. Our gloves convert all of the Duo's physical damage to chaos increasing poison DPS. Our helmet gives the Duo a 50% boost to attack speed and damage. And our jewels scale these values even more.

Curses -

What makes this build work. Our super buffed curses. Doedre's Skin allows us to ignore any curse limit and also links level 20 blasphemy to all of the curses socketed. It then gives us a skill called Doedre's Effigy which is a totem than instant cast all of our curses at once.

We wear 2x Replica Doedre's Damning rings to amplify our curses by up to 84%. Then use cluster jewels to increase our curse effectiveness even further. Reaching a 1.77 multiplier on all curses and 1.92 on Despair.

This makes for very strong curses that slow, weaken and coupled with being blind. Make mobs have a hard time hitting us.

With barely any evasion on gear, PoB shows a 59% chance to avoid hits.

Последняя редакция: bodhe. Время: 18 авг. 2022 г., 17:35:17
Last bumped11 февр. 2022 г., 11:00:07
The Writhing Jar worms do not start rampage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rampage

"
Enemies that award no experience—including spawned or resurrected monsters, summoned minions, and the lesser creatures that appear after killing a fractured monster—do not count toward the rampage counter.

How can I kill bosses whith this build?
Последняя редакция: Ussuriez. Время: 6 мая 2021 г., 10:43:01
"
Ussuriez написал:
The Writhing Jar worms do not start rampage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rampage

"
Enemies that award no experience—including spawned or resurrected monsters, summoned minions, and the lesser creatures that appear after killing a fractured monster—do not count toward the rampage counter.

How can I kill bosses whith this build?

Worms work. You can start rampage just sitting in your hide out with them.
"
bodhe написал:

How?
I use 3 jars then summon Skeletons, they kill worms but Rampage doesnt start.
"
Ussuriez написал:
"
bodhe написал:

How?
I use 3 jars then summon Skeletons, they kill worms but Rampage doesnt start.

need 4 flask to work
"
dumbdmub написал:

need 4 flask to work

thx!
Последняя редакция: Ussuriez. Время: 6 мая 2021 г., 12:14:23
"
dumbdmub написал:

need 4 flask to work

3. We auto generate charges and have reduced flask charges used. If you wanted to be really slow I think you could even pull it off in two, but 3 is just 3 taps with 1 being staggered a second or two.

what would be the best possible Clusters for the build?
"
perfectionistX написал:
what would be the best possible Clusters for the build?

The ones in PoB, they all serve a purpose.

Large minion damage for...damage.
Flask jewel for flask charge generation on worms.
Curse jewel for damage/defense
life for life.
how i acctually generate rampage? no any gem needed or something?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация