[3.15] Self-Cast Eye of Winter Occultist - Get that Diablo 2 Nostalgia!

How's this build been working for people? I recognize that this skill has got to be difficult to measure DPS with but does it seem to be killing swiftly and not too fragile?
"
EvaShogouki01 написал:
How's this build been working for people? I recognize that this skill has got to be difficult to measure DPS with but does it seem to be killing swiftly and not too fragile?

I startet league late and relaxed so I can't talk about how it will work out in late game. Currently I'm doing yellow maps with mostly crap gear and a 5link. I am surprised by the boss dmg- it's huge. If u have the right position, conquerors melt in 2 sec. The clear is a bit slow so far and that leads to dying (I think dmg and freeze/chill is the best defense layer here, there is no need to spend points im acro or block)
But I think there is Much room for improvement (no curse, gear, über lab etc).
I'm playing a LL version.
Последняя редакция: Void_xy. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 5:52:49
"
arkon9944 написал:
So just a few thoughts about EoW now that I've been playing it in t14-16 maps for the past few days.

1 - Projectile Speed. At first I thought this stat was amazing for the skill, I was wrong. Stacking it too high makes single target damage awful. I've tried everything from 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, and 70%. I find 20% to be the sweet spot of a good balance for strong single target damage, while also having just that tiny bit extra reach for clearing maps.

2 - Snakepit Ring. I still believe this is the single best piece of gear for EoW. The +1 chain is all you need to make EoW an amazing map clearer. The bonus spell damage and Cast Speed are just a nice bonus on top of it.

3 - I saved the best for last. I've tried all sorts of combination of supports for EoW. Spell Echo, all pure damage supports...you name it, I tried it. Which brings me to the most important support of them all...UNLEASH. This support is single handedly the most important support of them all. You want to scale Unleash as much as possible. This means getting Thunderous Salvo on the tree. Seal Mender on a large Cluster Jewel. And lastly, strangely enough...Doedre's Malevolence gloves. The negative cast speed means nearly nothing as EoW already casts super slow. The bonus Unleash seals are obviously a huge bonus. And lastly, the added Chaos Damage is tremendous. EoW has a 40% 'effectiveness of added damage'. Sounds bad, right? Well that's 40% PER SHARD that hits. So in reality, while casting with Unleash, you're going to be hitting an enemy with tons of shards, multiplying that 40% to outrageous numbers.

I'm currently running a LL/ES version of this build. I've killed A6 Sirus deathless and rather easily with this build (I'm still gathering watchstones or I would've done him on A8). I have not fought Shaper or Elder yet, but I don't see either of them being a problem since they are both rather stationary bosses. I wouldn't call him 'hard' by any means, but so far I would say the boss this build has the most trouble with is Al-Hezmin (The poison based conqueror). He dances around a lot and avoids damage that way, but otherwise just keep on him and he goes down fast enough with a few solid overlapping EoW's landing on top of him.

Can you post a link to your PoB? I can currently run/farm T16 maps pretty easily. But I do need to do something about my single target DPS. Bosses take some time, and Sirus takes waaay too long. I can beat him but it requires playing perfectly for 10 mins or so just dodging around hitting him.
Just load his account into PoB and choose the character.
You only need his account name (= forum name) for that.
What do you guys think about using Expedition's end as an armour?
The "chills nearby ennemies" and inc dmg to chilled ennemies look quite nice.
I'm currently in a6, and boss damage is okayish as long as bosses dont move too much.
My main issue is the defense. Once you hit ennemies you're good to go as you chill them (and i also got blind on hit gloves) but mobs that are either ranged or super fast (drox rare possessed by sirus for example) just melt me before i can hit them.
Rituals/alva are really hard too as mobs spawn on top of you.
So that's why i'm wondering about Expedition's end. Maybe getting a shaper's presence to get temp chains as an aura could be nice too.
I've seen few of you go LL, i'm tempted to try it out but currency is an issue right now.
"
Tombreaver написал:
What do you guys think about using Expedition's end as an armour?
The "chills nearby ennemies" and inc dmg to chilled ennemies look quite nice.
I'm currently in a6, and boss damage is okayish as long as bosses dont move too much.
My main issue is the defense. Once you hit ennemies you're good to go as you chill them (and i also got blind on hit gloves) but mobs that are either ranged or super fast (drox rare possessed by sirus for example) just melt me before i can hit them.
Rituals/alva are really hard too as mobs spawn on top of you.
So that's why i'm wondering about Expedition's end. Maybe getting a shaper's presence to get temp chains as an aura could be nice too.
I've seen few of you go LL, i'm tempted to try it out but currency is an issue right now.

It sounds like a good idea. I am already running LL so I'm able to fit Skitterbots into my build, which also give a chill aura and they help a lot.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Yeah i figured that much. maybe LL is the way. how do you feel defense wise?
Also i noticed you HoI is linked to your CWDT. While it wont be triggered it is affected by the mana reservation!
Just my two cents.

Instead of Snakepit ring, you can use what is on me (check it my profile, I have trash gear, progressing around ~t6/7 now easily).

Get a +life on hit ring with juicy stats on it.
Then just use a Gloomfang amulet. Besides the +1 chain part, +35% chaos damage post-chain is actually a huge boost on bosses, if you target the hydrosphere first. (simple as that, haha)

Added bonus: this way, your pierce is not disabled. I will actually look at the +1 pierce gem, it might not be good for bossing, but for large packs, should be absolutely magnificent.

Initially, I just grabbed a +2pierce+allocates Doomcast talisman and the clear was very nice. But yeah, it is paper thin. I think this build will need all the +loh it could get (via Watcher's Eye most likely, plus potentially dual-rings and some additional good-rolled abyssals).
"
Tombreaver написал:
Yeah i figured that much. maybe LL is the way. how do you feel defense wise?
Also i noticed you HoI is linked to your CWDT. While it wont be triggered it is affected by the mana reservation!

HoI is not affected by CWDT. My HoI is level 20, CWDT is level 1.

As for defense, this is certainly not a HC viable build at all lol. I died a lot while figuring things out, testing stuff, and leveling. However, now that I've kind of established the gear and such, I don't die often at all any longer.

Your biggest defense on this build is a good offense. Because a single cast of EoW hits basically the entire screen, you're either killing or freezing everything. Second, my curses (mainly Frostbite ring) also apply Malediction which lowers incoming damage by 10% which helps. And a distant third is Skitterbots. Their chilling aura helps keep the beefier things at a range so you can blow it up.

Once you get comfortable with the skill, and the range of the main eye of EoW, you kind of start to just dance around at a certain range against monsters and let Unleash and Snakepit chain do what they do best.
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Последняя редакция: arkon9944. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 15:55:22
Im running tier 16 maps with ease. No snakepit, no pierce. a 4 curse setup. Hybrid life/energy and a cloak of defiance.

I dont agree that snakepit is important. Because of the spells ability to go through packs and cast alot of projectiles. I dont think it's worth taking snakepit, because the defensive on that ring is crap.

i got no cluster jewel also.. Its an expensive build for sure. But i've been lucky too.

i've got alot of room for improvement, for when i'll go deep into delve. But this is by far the best setup i've tried with EOW.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация