[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
Corzanth написал:
"
CyberMike13 написал:
How do you link Frenzy if you only have a 5-link?
Drop increased critical strikes or drop Frost bomb?

Drop the crit. It's a hefty loss but Frost Bomb gives exposure and prevents enemy heals which can be relevant with the Archnemesis mechanic. Alternatively, if you can fit Sniper's Mark anywhere else on your gear, you can just manually cast it on bosses until you can get a 6L.

Then would it be better for me to get a worse or just no-stat 6-link (i.e a tabula or just some random ev armor) or just sticking with the 5-link?
"
CyberMike13 написал:
"
Corzanth написал:
"
CyberMike13 написал:
How do you link Frenzy if you only have a 5-link?
Drop increased critical strikes or drop Frost bomb?

Drop the crit. It's a hefty loss but Frost Bomb gives exposure and prevents enemy heals which can be relevant with the Archnemesis mechanic. Alternatively, if you can fit Sniper's Mark anywhere else on your gear, you can just manually cast it on bosses until you can get a 6L.

Then would it be better for me to get a worse or just no-stat 6-link (i.e a tabula or just some random ev armor) or just sticking with the 5-link?

I'd say that, budget permitting, the smart choice would be to grab a 6L Briskwrap (currently ~18-20c at time of writing), benchcraft your colored sockets if needed, and then run with that until you can transition into a 6L Wildwrap/Hyrri's Ire, depending on your preference. It won't do your defenses any favors but you're gonna get a large chunk of dex out of it, and your transition into either of the other two armors will be super smooth.

EDIT: 6S 5L Iron Commanders are super cheap right now. Grab one, slap in your 5L Frenzy + Sniper's Mark in the sixth slot.
Последняя редакция: Corzanth. Время: 7 февр. 2022 г., 19:34:15
"
Corzanth написал:

I'd say that, budget permitting, the smart choice would be to grab a 6L Briskwrap (currently ~18-20c at time of writing), benchcraft your colored sockets if needed, and then run with that until you can transition into a 6L Wildwrap/Hyrri's Ire, depending on your preference. It won't do your defenses any favors but you're gonna get a large chunk of dex out of it, and your transition into either of the other two armors will be super smooth.

EDIT: 6S 5L Iron Commanders are super cheap right now. Grab one, slap in your 5L Frenzy + Sniper's Mark in the sixth slot.

Okay, just so I'm sure, should I get a 6l briskwrap for my Siege ballista and use the iron commander for the frenzy (which I have 5l/6s), or the other way around?
Sorry, I don't wanna waste too much chromes.
"
CyberMike13 написал:
"
Corzanth написал:

Okay, just so I'm sure, should I get a 6l briskwrap for my Siege ballista and use the iron commander for the frenzy (which I have 5l/6s), or the other way around?
Sorry, I don't wanna waste too much chromes.

6L armors are much, much cheaper than a 6L Iron Commander, so yes, I would slot the Siege Ballista setup into your armor and put the 5L Frenzy + SM into your bow. If Chromatic Orbs are a concern, just look for a 6S, 5L with 2B and 4G. It'll run you like 5-6c but it'll be taken care of. If you get a Briskwrap, you should be able to benchcraft 2R for only 25 chromatics (or 50 if you get really, REALLY unlucky).

Just be careful for frenzy, though: it needs to be socketed before Frost Bomb in the link order.
Just a heads up for everyone, you can get frost exposure AND intimidate/other mods on the gloves with eldritch influences.

I keep frost bomb for mobs that heal but its not in a 6 link in my hyrri's ire
"
manofthelaw3 написал:
Just a heads up for everyone, you can get frost exposure AND intimidate/other mods on the gloves with eldritch influences.

I keep frost bomb for mobs that heal but its not in a 6 link in my hyrri's ire

You can't get eldritch implicits if you run Hunter gloves, though, can you?
You can't, but my normal gloves have the 40+ dex, the alva mod for increased damage to chilled enemies and when i get back on it'll have the 25% conversion craft, alongside free exposure and intimidate.

I'm already sitting at above 1200 dex as it is so the hunter mod isn't that crazy of an upgrade compared to the implicits, especially if its not going to push you past a threshold.
"
Corzanth написал:

Just be careful for frenzy, though: it needs to be socketed before Frost Bomb in the link order.

Hi! Could you elaborate on that please? I've never used Cast on Crit before, so I'm confused what problems socketing the attack after the spell could cause?

/edit: formatting
Последняя редакция: Datrogh. Время: 8 февр. 2022 г., 3:47:38
"
Datrogh написал:
"
Corzanth написал:

Hi! Could you elaborate on that please? I've never used Cast on Crit before, so I'm confused what problems socketing the attack after the spell could cause?

/edit: formatting

The first skill gem in the link order is the one that enables the Cast on Crit -- every other skill gem afterwards is going to be unusable and instead triggered on crit, so the order is important. This is why you can't just benchcraft two blues on Iron Commander, because they'll always be at the top. It doesn't matter what the skill gem order is, as long as Frenzy comes before Frost Bomb and Sniper's Mark.

On a six-link, it'd look something like this:

1---2
......|
4---3
|
5---6
None of the above about Cast on Critical Strike is true; the socket ordering is only relevant when the supported attack has more than one linked spell, or there are multiple Cast on Critical Strike setups across other pieces of gear, and the gem has to decide which spell to cast on any given critical strike. For our purposes the socket ordering does not matter at all.

If you look at my Scourge character (WallachScourge), I moved Frenzy to the very last link and it still works as you'd expect.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация