[3.18] Wallach's Siege Ballista Hierophant (Enjoy Consistent Character Balance)

"
2MASxD написал:
Hey,
I have a question about the Acendancy
The guide says one thing and the PoB says another thing.

So do we want Divine Guidance or not?

imo its good and annoying.

"
Wallach написал:
Pursuit of Faith -> Ritual of Awakening -> Conviction of Power -> Divine Guidance

Standard ascendancy order for Hierophant totem builds. It's worth noting however that we don't have much unreserved mana in this build, and Divine Guidance will cause you to take 10% of damage as mana instead of life; this means degens can sometimes sap your mana unexpectedly. That said, you still have a fair amount of mana regen in this build due to the amount of totems, and as soon as the degen is removed your mana will return in less than a second.

If you find yourself bumping into issues with being mana drained, you can also just choose to skip Divine Guidance and take two minor ascendancy nodes instead. You'll lose a small amount of damage (2-3%) from the loss of Transfiguration of Mind and have a bit less overall mana regen, but you'll avoid the issue of mana drain entirely. I've been running this way during Sourge league to deal with some of the heavy unremovable degen effects on some Scourged maps.

Depends on your mana. If you are able to sustain mana with the 10% of damage hit go Divine Guidance for the added damage boost. If you are having mana issues, go with the 2 small nodes on the PoB.

"
bouboubibila написал:
I've noticed you don't have EE in the POB.

Should we take it or not? And if so, will it work with just Hyrri's Demise? Or do we need some extra added light/fire added damage on the rings or gloves?

How does EE work anyway? It's extremely confusing... :p

You have EE for leveling EA. Remove once you switch to SB. Hyrri's Demise has all 3 elements. So I don't think it will proc. It would just zero out.

To my understanding...
EA = Fire.
So ideally you hit with Cold / Lightning Damage when you do Fire Damage. This will give enemies +25% Cold / Lightning Resist and -25% Fire Resist. I assume this is taken advantage of for the ignite/burning damage.

Some say it stacks if you do 2 elements the third will be -50%. I am unsure.

This is from Act 6 of the Leveling Guide.

"
Wallach написал:

You'll also be taking Elemental Equilibrium during this act, which means Herald of Ash needs to be dropped if you are still using it, and you need to do a final check on your gear to make sure you don't have any added fire damage coming from anything. You can simply hover over the Explosive Arrow skill in your hotbar and check for any line that says "X to Y Fire Damage" - the only line that mentions fire damage should be the line that says "Explosions deal (X) to (Y) Added Fire Damage". To take advantage of Elemental Equilibrium, you also will need at least one source of either cold or lightning damage (or both). If you can't craft a Hyrri's Bite unique quiver (selling 1 rare Onyx amulet, 1 Rain of Arrows skill gem with 1% or more quality, 1 white Sharktooth Quiver and 1 Orb of Chance to any vendor), you just need to have one item that has "adds X cold / lightning damage" somewhere. That can be on your bow, your quiver, your gloves or a jewelry piece. This will cause your ballista arrows to deal cold / lightning damage on hit, which will in turn apply 25% Fire Exposure to the enemy. Your explosions will remove that exposure, but your ballistae will be firing so constantly that it will be immediately re-applied long before the next explosion.
Последняя редакция: chrischoi. Время: 9 февр. 2022 г., 14:43:40
"
bouboubibila написал:
I've noticed you don't have EE in the POB.

Should we take it or not? And if so, will it work with just Hyrri's Demise? Or do we need some extra added light/fire added damage on the rings or gloves?

How does EE work anyway? It's extremely confusing... :p

To put it as simply as I think I can, If you have EE and hit with fire, the enemy get +25% res to fire and -25% to other element. This is why you don't want any added fire damage on your gear, because the initial "attack" with your arrow will have added fire damage, which will proc EE and give the mob +25% to fire.
All you need to do is add in an cold or lightning on hit damage and make sure you have no added fire and you are good to go. It's the explosions after the hit that will deal fire to a mob with -25 res.
This concept was super confusing to me as well when I first used it a few leagues ago.

But again, as stated above, you won't want this node once you transition to SB anyway.
Hello! first of all thank you for an amazing guide.
I have some problems. Since i switch to siege ballista, the bossing damage is quite low compare to the EA. I got all the necessary gears. Im not sure what i did wrong :(.
Here my POB
https://pastebin.com/RPpF7FDX

"
Zuuule написал:
But again, as stated above, you won't want this node once you transition to SB anyway.

All right, I've done a bit of research, and I think I understand how it works. Since you hit mobs with some flat cold damage right away with SB, you won't get the exposure, unlike EA where the fire damage is delayed. I'm still not sure whether I fully understand the mechanic or not, but I've removed it anyway.

Also, what about Iron Grip? Since we'll all end up with at least 300 strength, 60%+ proj dmg seems like a juicy addition to the build. Or am I missing something again? :p
@Wallach can you add a high budget endgame tree with thread of hope etc to PoB? I'm using your current character as a template but having it included in PoB would be nice
"
Sigosuu написал:

good jewel but. we dont deal alot of dmg. Its ignore ur dmg. not the totems.

But if it works. We can save some point. And change penetraton on crits. Sound like great dmg boost.
Последняя редакция: Nishiroo. Время: 10 февр. 2022 г., 17:55:30
"
Nishiroo написал:
"
Sigosuu написал:

good jewel but. we dont deal alot of dmg. Its ignore ur dmg. not the totems.

But if it works. We can save some point. And change penetraton on crits. Sound like great dmg boost.

I think it works, I found many crit inquisitor totem build
nice build did all the content beside the feared (bad rng).
any ideas on how to improve my setup? some quick upgrades
I'm thinking also to respec into str stack shrapnel ballista totem got the boots already
"
bouboubibila написал:
"
Zuuule написал:

All right, I've done a bit of research, and I think I understand how it works. Since you hit mobs with some flat cold damage right away with SB, you won't get the exposure, unlike EA where the fire damage is delayed. I'm still not sure whether I fully understand the mechanic or not, but I've removed it anyway.

Also, what about Iron Grip? Since we'll all end up with at least 300 strength, 60%+ proj dmg seems like a juicy addition to the build. Or am I missing something again? :p

Like 250-280str which is 1-2k. Where are you getting 60%?
Also, you switched to SB and stuck to the EA tree. Grab a 6L Briskwrap for like 10-15c.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/zbedg8Ls4
2R - 4G

Drop Increased Critical Strikes for Elemental Damage with Attacks. Should be a chunk better.

Start grabbing rings, boots and gloves with Dex/Life/Res. That should make a huge difference for cheap.

Gloves
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/eWjYdrFL
Boots
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/Vgemy8wHp
Rings
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Archnemesis/mknLnwh6

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация