[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

"
Rubinjo написал:
I've been playing this build since 1.2 quite successfully, and now interested in the incinerate variant. Just a couple of questions:
"
KuteKitteh написал:
5/6L chest:
Incinerate + FC + SE + FP + GMP/LMP + Added Chaos

Is FP here fire penetration or faster projectiles?

Should Geofri's have lightning penetration, or would empower L2/3 be how efficient?

Thanks for the both versions of the build!
Firepen

and Geofri arc should always be FC + SE + LP unless you have a lvl4 empower.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
PhoeniXSkye написал:
Скрытый текст
"
consca написал:
"
PhoeniXSkye написал:
Oh and I never used Flame Totem before, but wouldn't Fire Pen be a better 4L than Added Damage?

Assumptions made:
- additional damage only comes from +spell damage, not elemental
- values below represent only FPen vs ACD, not the entire 4L setup (absolute values change, but the ratios remain the same)

L20 Added Chaos: 161-242 * 0.2 dmg effectiveness = 40.3 average additonal Chaos damage
L20 FirePen: 35% resistance pierced
L20 Flame Totem: 61-92 (76.5 average Fire damage)

75% resistance:
FPen setup deals 76.5 * 0.60 = 45.9 Fire damage per hit
ACD setup deals 76.5 * 0.25 = 19.1 Fire damage per hit plus 40.3 Chaos damage per hit (Total 59.4)

Thanks for the analysis, much easier to determine when you have the maths!

To factor in Elemental Damage increases, it's a simple addition of a multiplier to your equations. Basically the breakpoint of +Ele% where Fire Pen is better can be calculated as follows, using your 75% equation:

76.5*(.60)*(Ele) = 76.5*(0.25)*(Ele)+40.3

Ths breakpoint is ~50 +Ele% damage, so if you have more than that from the tree and/or equipment, you're better off with Fire Pen than ACD. Note that in the OP's lvl 90 tree there is +72 Ele%.

Against Added Lightening Damage, which adds an average of 25.1 per hit at lvl 20, but is strengthened by +Ele and +Light damage, the equation to solve for the breakpoint becomes more complicated (but we can factor out Ele damage), since we have to take into account both Fire and Light Res of the mob. Assuming 75% res to both:

76.5*(.60) = 76.5*(0.25)+25.1*(Light)*(0.25)

Added Lightening will be better at ~330 +Light% damage. The OP's tree has +99 Light%. However, the less Light Res the mob has, the lower this breakpoint becomes, which would come into play if we're dual cursing with Conduct+EW. If a mob had 0 res for light and fire, the breakpoint would become less than 10 +Light% damage.

Seems like Fire Pen would always be a better choice than Added Chaos taking the elemental damage bonuses into effect, but Added Lightening Damage would be even better since this build dual curses with Conductivity and already has +Light% damage nodes.

Solid analysis, I hadn't factored in Ele Dmg from tree, so you should be right about FirePen over ACD at high levels, assuming the Ash, Frost and Storm wheel is taken early.

Out of curiosity, you are intending to run both dual curse as well as 4L FlameTotem?
"
KuteKitteh написал:
I also went for Inner Force to boost auras and increase AA's physical damage absorption (not that it was actually necessary).

KuteKitteh, do you reckon that boosting the auras by 21% using the IF wheel is worth the 21% increased mana drain from AA? The IF wheel increases mana consumption of AA from 229.7 to a whopping 277.9 per second while moving.

Of course Incinerate has no issues from this since it's static, not too sure about Arc since it's our mobile DPS spell though.
"
consca написал:
"
KuteKitteh написал:
I also went for Inner Force to boost auras and increase AA's physical damage absorption (not that it was actually necessary).

KuteKitteh, do you reckon that boosting the auras by 21% using the IF wheel is worth the 21% increased mana drain from AA? The IF wheel increases mana consumption of AA from 229.7 to a whopping 277.9 per second while moving.

Of course Incinerate has no issues from this since it's static, not too sure about Arc since it's our mobile DPS spell though.
That's part of the irony, the boosted clarity is negated by the increased cost of running AA. I'm still weighing the options, but as of now I haven't gotten it yet, still working on Sovereignty.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
consca написал:

Solid analysis, I hadn't factored in Ele Dmg from tree, so you should be right about FirePen over ACD at high levels, assuming the Ash, Frost and Storm wheel is taken early.

Out of curiosity, you are intending to run both dual curse as well as 4L FlameTotem?

I think so, 4-6L Arc, 4L Auras, 4L Totem, 4L Dual curse, 3L CoDT, and 3S AA and Warp. Should fit, right?
"
PhoeniXSkye написал:
I think so, 4-6L Arc, 4L Auras, 4L Totem, 4L Dual curse, 3L CoDT, and 3S AA and Warp. Should fit, right?

Tempest Shield? ._.
Последняя редакция: consca. Время: 8 окт. 2014 г., 22:41:20
"
KuteKitteh написал:
That's part of the irony, the boosted clarity is negated by the increased cost of running AA. I'm still weighing the options, but as of now I haven't gotten it yet, still working on Sovereignty.

Well if nothing it's only 3 points, and boost Haste/HoI and TS by 21% along with added damage mitigation from AA. And +1% additional movespeed from Q20 AA! :X

Might be a bit annoying to some people, but I suppose a possible workaround for AA's increased drain is to LW around instead of normal walking.
"
consca написал:
"
PhoeniXSkye написал:

Tempest Shield? ._.

Oh right, that haha. Damn.
"
consca написал:
"
KuteKitteh написал:

Well if nothing it's only 3 points, and boost Haste/HoI and TS by 21% along with added damage mitigation from AA. And +1% additional movespeed from Q20 AA! :X

Might be a bit annoying to some people, but I suppose a possible workaround for AA's increased drain is to LW around instead of normal walking.

But Arc drains so much more mana than the running around with AA does tho, atleast for me, i spend 250mana/sec which is quite a bit more than AA runningdrain. For me personally an increase to AA manadrain has nearly no effect on anything for me. That being said i still dont consider those points worth picking up for me personally.
"
Xantium написал:
But Arc drains so much more mana than the running around with AA does tho, atleast for me, i spend 250mana/sec which is quite a bit more than AA runningdrain. For me personally an increase to AA manadrain has nearly no effect on anything for me. That being said i still dont consider those points worth picking up for me personally.

Trust me, if you pick the points up, you will be able to feel the AA manadrain increase.

Case closed if you don't want to pick the IF cluster up, but yeah, the math speaks for itself.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация