[1.2] KuteKitteh’s Tanky Arcer, 20k+ Effective DPS, Atziri/HC-viable. Poor-man’s BM Arc included

New player here, so I'm fairly poor

This is my 2nd build - first was a ST Scion which did decently fine until 85 at which point I decided to reroll with a witch.

I'm closely following this build and must say, it's fun to play and really not expensive. Almost ideal for newbies. I'm 69 now and so far zero /deaths, just killed Piety merciless and it was a piece of cake with this build. She barely touched my life (I was using PoL and fought her only in human form, kited her in fire form and avoided the ice attacks).

As for gear: I got a rathpith for just 20c - yeah, it doesn't have very high rolls, but it's decent and I'll just be a couple % short of max spellblock. As a poor n00b, one has to accept a few limitations :)

I use Moonsorrow as my wand - again, it's the cheapest (and probably worst) solution, but working surprisingly well. My Arc is on a 4L (don't have anything better yet) with spell echo, penetration and added lightning damage and already good enough to run lower level maps. Can only imagine how much better it would be with a 5L (or even 6L) and a lvl 3 empower (yes, dreaming should be allowed :) ).

So, from my newbie point of view, this is a very recommended build. Its tankiness is amazing and I know it will only get better (my block is not yet maxed, a few passives still missing).
"
consca написал:
"
Xantium написал:
But Arc drains so much more mana than the running around with AA does tho, atleast for me, i spend 250mana/sec which is quite a bit more than AA runningdrain. For me personally an increase to AA manadrain has nearly no effect on anything for me. That being said i still dont consider those points worth picking up for me personally.

Trust me, if you pick the points up, you will be able to feel the AA manadrain increase.

Case closed if you don't want to pick the IF cluster up, but yeah, the math speaks for itself.

I dont think you have understood my point even so i will explain again.

When i have AA on and i am running i drain 191+38 mana/sec

When i stand still and dps with arc while having AA on i drain 38+250 mana/sec

As i need to sustain my arc+static AA drain anyway the manadrain of the running with AA on has absolutely no kind of impact on me whatsoever as its still less than when im arcing. You can take this up 10% u can take this up 30% but Arc will still drain more mana and i need to be able to sustain that which i am doing. In turn i cant possibly feel a difference in manadrain increase besides from the 38manareg that will also increase in cost but this is a very minor increase.

Im not great at explaining these things so i hope ive been clear enough but long story short, due to the manacost of arc the manacost increase the AA drain does not have any kind of impact (for me and i would assume for not any1 else using a 6l either).

Just for arguements sake, that 38manadrain would become 46manadrain if i picked those nodes up, that would mean a total of 250+46 as opposed to when im running i would instead have a manadrain of 277 with inner force. Still i hold to my beliefs of not picking these points up.

Currently at lvl 90 my goal of going forward is to pick up scion life circle nodes and when i am 94 i can choose to pick up HoI as well as the current auras by switching the scion life circle nodes into sovereignty going through the mana reserve nodes. (still something im debating not decided yet)
Последняя редакция: Xantium. Время: 10 окт. 2014 г., 14:00:06
"
Xantium написал:
Скрытый текст
"
consca написал:
"
Xantium написал:
But Arc drains so much more mana than the running around with AA does tho, atleast for me, i spend 250mana/sec which is quite a bit more than AA runningdrain. For me personally an increase to AA manadrain has nearly no effect on anything for me. That being said i still dont consider those points worth picking up for me personally.

Trust me, if you pick the points up, you will be able to feel the AA manadrain increase.

Case closed if you don't want to pick the IF cluster up, but yeah, the math speaks for itself.

I dont think you have understood my point even so i will explain again.

When i have AA on and i am running i drain 191+38 mana/sec

When i stand still and dps with arc while having AA on i drain 38+250 mana/sec

As i need to sustain my arc+static AA drain anyway the manadrain of the running with AA on has absolutely no kind of impact on me whatsoever as its still less than when im arcing. You can take this up 10% u can take this up 30% but Arc will still drain more mana and i need to be able to sustain that which i am doing. In turn i cant possibly feel a difference in manadrain increase besides from the 38manareg that will also increase in cost but this is a very minor increase.

Im not great at explaining these things so i hope ive been clear enough but long story short, due to the manacost of arc the manacost increase the AA drain does not have any kind of impact (for me and i would assume for not any1 else using a 6l either).

Just for arguements sake, that 38manadrain would become 46manadrain if i picked those nodes up, that would mean a total of 250+46 as opposed to when im running i would instead have a manadrain of 277 with inner force. Still i hold to my beliefs of not picking these points up.

Currently at lvl 90 my goal of going forward is to pick up scion life circle nodes and when i am 94 i can choose to pick up HoI as well as the current auras by switching the scion life circle nodes into sovereignty going through the mana reserve nodes. (still something im debating not decided yet)

1. Yeah I get your point now, about sustaining both Arc + static AA as opposed to mobile drain, I tend to overlook things like that (see previous discussion RE: 4L Flame Totem).
2. I never questioned your belief about not taking up those points, not sure why you kept reiterating it though.

Off-topic: I just ran a 77 Shipyard with Fleet + Zana Onslaught + opened strongbox with Onslaught resurrect around a pack of Unrighteous Fire blue mobs, holy shit that hurt. One additional +dmg mod on map and I would have splatted O_o
Последняя редакция: consca. Время: 10 окт. 2014 г., 15:34:23
I'll go ahead and throw in my commendations. After getting bored of my level 90 FT'er in Beyond I decided to give this build a go (as Templar, for challenge) and for me it was one of the easiest builds to level and I was very quickly clearing top level maps effortlessly. I was convinced I couldn't die with this build even if I tried, but I eventually managed it at level 87 when my tired reflexes were too slow for Palace Domi blink+punch. No regrets, good time was had.
Последняя редакция: Mannistab. Время: 11 окт. 2014 г., 4:20:33
"
1. Yeah I get your point now, about sustaining both Arc + static AA as opposed to mobile drain, I tend to overlook things like that (see previous discussion RE: 4L Flame Totem).
2. I never questioned your belief about not taking up those points, not sure why you kept reiterating it though.

Off-topic: I just ran a 77 Shipyard with Fleet + Zana Onslaught + opened strongbox with Onslaught resurrect around a pack of Unrighteous Fire blue mobs, holy shit that hurt. One additional +dmg mod on map and I would have splatted O_o

alright fair enough :) just wanted to clarify it from my perspective, things may be different for some1 else ofcourse, specially if u run a 5l im sure the AA manadrain will be felt then
"
KuteKitteh написал:
Thanks for the feedback and support guys. Although I've been pretty busy lately with work and classes, I've had some time to work on a side project that is essentially an arc-incinerate hybrid build.

Check out the preliminary overhaul at:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998791/page/51
(It's close to the bottom of the page)

If you want you can link straight to the post with this link:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/998791/page/51#p9088969

aka by adding #p9088969 right after the page.
worth to 6link this for 1500 fusings or should i save another 30-40 exa and buy something better? i guess a 3 ress chest with about same es and hp would go for about 100ex +

Скрытый текст

only 8 exalts
"
Zippaca написал:
worth to 6link this for 1500 fusings or should i save another 30-40 exa and buy something better? i guess a 3 ress chest with about same es and hp would go for about 100ex +

That is an exceptional chest! If it were me, I would try and link your chest the "old" way. I have six linked items dozens of times and have never come close to spending 1500 fuses. I also think it is much more fun to try and link myself...but thats just me.
"You think logoutcore makes you better....." - ShaeG
"
Taiberius написал:
"
Zippaca написал:

That is an exceptional chest! If it were me, I would try and link your chest the "old" way. I have six linked items dozens of times and have never come close to spending 1500 fuses. I also think it is much more fun to try and link myself...but that's just me.

well the problem is that statistically you need about 1900 to 6 link an item i know you can get lucky and need only 1 but im no fan of the rngesus
Последняя редакция: Zippaca. Время: 11 окт. 2014 г., 18:44:58

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация