Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Trauma828 написал:
"
SKTerran написал:
"
Trauma828 написал:
Hey all,

been playing the build couple weeks now and love it.

I have two awesome daggers, level 89 now and sitting at 80k dps in hideout.

I have two questions.

-Ice bite seems more effective than hypothermia. I have a stygian vise with cold damage for hypothermia to function but I see 40k more raw dps in map from ice bite when frenzy is at 3 charges?

Second question, does anyone else get massive lag from inpulsa armor?

Check path of building about hypothermia, I promise it is way more dps than ice bite. It doesn't show up on your tooltip so its hard to really see. Personally I only have 78k tooltip standing in my hideout, but with arcane surge up I have over 500k shaper dps and hypothermia is a big part of that.

Inpulsa is very laggy. So much so that I'm been looking at other options. You can get a similar effect from a shaper mace (enemies explode for 5% of their max life as fire damage) which is much less laggy. The downside is your weapon probably will not give you as much dps and its hard to get a body armor better than inpulsa because of the added shock effect.

If the lag is really bothering you, try using the shaper mace or just drop it all together. I don't think its really needed to get good clear speed if your damage is already high enough.

If you change your network settings in log in screen UI to predictive it fixes inpulsa.

Ok I will go back to hypothermia then. Mace is out, im using two 6ex daggers for whirling blades + fortify which is a huge survival improvement. Idk how people use warp.

Yes, agreed on Hypothermia; as long as you have 1 point of cold damage added to spells, it's a HUGE damage increase that's invisible on tooltip. This is one build where tooltip damage is very misleading because Enki has chosen clever mechanics that interact in "hidden" ways.

Lightning Warp is great, but you need to fully dedicate to it--full 4-link setup, all gems 20/20, helmet enchant. Admittedly, you can achieve more overall movement speed with WB, but it takes a ton of increased attack speed that you can only get by sacrificing increased shock effect, which we badly need now that GGG has decided to savage the Elementalist ascendancy by gutting Beacon of Ruin. It's a really tough balance to strike and while WB was really great for open maps, I think Enki made the right call. LW also way outshines WB when it comes to maps like the Lunaris Temple or Primordial Blocks that have really stifling layouts.
"
SKTerran написал:
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
SKTerran написал:
Hit a brick wall trying to kill uber elder today. Its probably doable with my gear but I'm not very good at the fight. Any experienced players got an suggestions on things I could change to be a little tankier? My gear isn't ideal but theres nothing obvious I'm seeing I could do that would make a big difference.

I specifically worried about the uber elder fight. Everything else including t16 guardians was very easy and died quick enough I didn't need to tank/dodge much.

You have some really powerful gear, which explains why you have blasted through most endgame content. I am guessing the decisive factor that's hindering you with Uber Elder is movement. Despite the nice Flame Dash setup, you simply don't have a sustainable way to keep mobile enough to stay alive while still doing damage. No Lightning Warp, Whirling Blades, or Leap Slam. The cooldown on Flame Dash without a backup movement skill is a death sentence.

Another few observations: you've taken Elemental Overload and so have avoided all the required crit mods. That's all well and good, but then why are you using daggers instead of wands or scepters? You'd be better off with pure caster weapons.

Your flasks could use some optimizing for the fight. I'd really recommend an Eternal life flask instead of the hybrid life flask so you can use Soul of Ryslatha. Replace the granite flask with Rumi's Concoction for better defense and the basalt flask with Wise Oak for better offense (and defense).

Also, get yourself a lvl 21 Vaal Arc. They're cheap and the Vaal version helps move the Shaper phases along more quickly.

Additionally, you don't really have an optimal cwdt setup.

In spite of the shortcomings in your (otherwise quite nice) gear, your problems are mostly likely learning the mechanics of the fight, which is quite understandable. You absolutely must kill Elder adds--the ones that appear throughout all phases, NOT the ones during the add phases--ASAP to prevent them from dropping permanent debuffing little gray shits all over the arena and must detonate the Shaper's Volatile Anomalies in the corners, or the last phase of the fight will have so much dangerous terrain that you won't be able to properly position yourself to finish the fight.

tl;dr: pick up a reliable movement skill and learn the fight a little better. Shaper --> Elder --> adds is the fight pattern and it doesn't change. Hopefully something in this response helps!

Thanks for the thoughtful response!

I'll give the recommended lightning warp setup a try. I've always like flame dash, but it did get me killed twice during my attempts. Once due to being on cooldown and another time due to double casting me into some shaper balls.

I'm using daggers instead of other weapons in order to get enough crit chance to keep elemental overload up. With the daggers I have 7% chance to crit on arc and just under 24% on orb of storms.

Your right about my flasks. I think I have what I need already but I didn't think to use a dedicated setup for the fight. I'll take your advice there.

Overall I agree with you that I probably just need more practice. I was messing around in POB and I don't think I can get more than 5500 life even with more ideal gear. That wouldn't be enough to make a huge difference.

You're very welcome, and I'm glad I could help! There's one more thing I wanted to say, but I wrote that post wasted at 2a and could barely finish it before passing out on my keyboard, LOL.

This also ties into the daggers. In previous versions of this build that used EO like you are doing, Enki swapped out Orb of Storms for Storm Brand. SB is really effective for triggering EO and doesn't really require any added crit chance anywhere to sustain the buff. I would highly recommend a SB/Arcane Surge/Culling Strike/Onslaught setup if you're sticking with EO. OoS does more damage on its own, but SB has so much more utility in this case. And you'll be able to switch to wands, if you so choose! T1 caster mods on wands are definitely more powerful than they are on daggers, and you can get a huge boost to your casting speed if you go with two profane wands.
Последняя редакция: WorderMostFoul. Время: 26 июля 2019 г., 20:03:56
Hi everyone,

This is my first time in 5 years doing any mapping or really playing. I was looking for some tips on where I should go from here with my gear. I have 20 exalts I can spend, I just don't know what I should be doing. I feel I really struggled with damage on red tier elder.
"
Gerarda написал:
Hi everyone,

This is my first time in 5 years doing any mapping or really playing. I was looking for some tips on where I should go from here with my gear. I have 20 exalts I can spend, I just don't know what I should be doing. I feel I really struggled with damage on red tier elder.

My god, you have a good budget and some great gear.

You really need Essence Worm with Wrath and two multimodded weapons. See Enki's OP or my profile for examples. I'm on a phone and can't see your passive tree, but I assume you also need a Watcher's Eye with the Wrath/mana leech mod. Get those three things going and all your mapping problems will disappear.
Are there any timeless jewels that will help our setup? I have good gear (I think) but guardians still take awhile...and not sure if my DPS is high enough to kill Uber Elder quickly
IGN: Delran
"
Delran2 написал:
Are there any timeless jewels that will help our setup? I have good gear (I think) but guardians still take awhile...and not sure if my DPS is high enough to kill Uber Elder quickly

Possibly Elegant Hubris with the Chitus modifier for Supreme Ego, but Enki wasn't able to get a well-rolled one to do any testing with it--meaning it's probably pretty difficult to get--and nobody else here has rigorously tested it and posted any results. It seems there's potential for more damage with it, but it's also possible it would derail some of the build's balance.

Your gear is very good; there's not a lot of room for improvement that I can see, at least not without spending a ton of currency. The two things I noticed:

1. A few of your gems are lacking quality. Getting them all topped off will boost your damage a little. I'm sure you're already aware of this.

2. You don't have much increased effect of shock. The more you can squeeze in, the better. You could theoretically get 60% between your boots and your amulet and another 20% or so from jewels, which would add up to about 10% more damage from your shocks. I should note that extra damage from increased effect of shock is not reflected in tooltip damage and PoB will not accurately calculate this for you until you reach the cap at 234% increased effect of shock. Also, you would obviously need to ditch Choir of the Storm, and I haven't done the calculations to see what kind of amulet mods would be required to offset the loss of core damage from dropping CotS. (It's worth noting that Enki mentioned earlier in the league that while CotS is strong for this build, there are better options available.)

If you have a lot of currency to spend, you could get an Aul's Uprising and run both Zealotry and Wrath, which would definitely buff your damage. I don't think that would synergize with Supreme Ego, though.

Overall, GGG really took a shit on the Elementalist ascendancy this league, and single-target DPS for this build did suffer as a result. If GGG doesn't do something to help balance this back out next league, Enki will probably give up on this guide, effectively killing the build forever.
Thanks for the help! Yeah I was looking into some amulets to see what would work the best :)
IGN: Delran
Hi! First of all, thanks for the build, i just started in this league i want to do endgame with it =)

My question is... why we need Watcher's Eye with mana leech while affected by Wrath? As far as I know, we don't use Wrath aura in this build, so mana leech shouldn't work. I suppose i'm lossing something
IGN: Pandemia
IGN: Aqueronte (Leveling atm)
"
xerxis_esp написал:
Hi! First of all, thanks for the build, i just started in this league i want to do endgame with it =)

My question is... why we need Watcher's Eye with mana leech while affected by Wrath? As far as I know, we don't use Wrath aura in this build, so mana leech shouldn't work. I suppose i'm lossing something

We use wrath aura. Socket it in an essence worm so it does not reserve mana.
"
WorderMostFoul написал:
"
Delran2 написал:

Possibly Elegant Hubris with the Chitus modifier for Supreme Ego, but Enki wasn't able to get a well-rolled one to do any testing with it--meaning it's probably pretty difficult to get--and nobody else here has rigorously tested it and posted any results. It seems there's potential for more damage with it, but it's also possible it would derail some of the build's balance.

Your gear is very good; there's not a lot of room for improvement that I can see, at least not without spending a ton of currency. The two things I noticed:

1. A few of your gems are lacking quality. Getting them all topped off will boost your damage a little. I'm sure you're already aware of this.

2. You don't have much increased effect of shock. The more you can squeeze in, the better. You could theoretically get 60% between your boots and your amulet and another 20% or so from jewels, which would add up to about 10% more damage from your shocks. I should note that extra damage from increased effect of shock is not reflected in tooltip damage and PoB will not accurately calculate this for you until you reach the cap at 234% increased effect of shock. Also, you would obviously need to ditch Choir of the Storm, and I haven't done the calculations to see what kind of amulet mods would be required to offset the loss of core damage from dropping CotS. (It's worth noting that Enki mentioned earlier in the league that while CotS is strong for this build, there are better options available.)

If you have a lot of currency to spend, you could get an Aul's Uprising and run both Zealotry and Wrath, which would definitely buff your damage. I don't think that would synergize with Supreme Ego, though.

Overall, GGG really took a shit on the Elementalist ascendancy this league, and single-target DPS for this build did suffer as a result. If GGG doesn't do something to help balance this back out next league, Enki will probably give up on this guide, effectively killing the build forever.

Once you reach 234% of shock effect, that means your shock is always at the full 50% increased damage taken right? I usually just add 15% to my PoB dps to get an idea of where I'm at rather than try to figure out exactly how effect shock is.

Just trying to get an idea of how good the increased effect is vs other stats.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация