[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
emuporium написал:
Excellent guide, thank you!

Some general questions:

Second, is there any known data about how fire golem damage scales as they level? I recently swapped my gem for a level 1 quality gem. I saw a dropoff in damage but it just didnt seem as drastic as I would have expected. Just curious what I can expect for damage increase as I go from my current level 18 to low/mid 20's.

Last, how does this build fair in uber lab? I'm waiting to get my skin of the loyal and then upgrade my belt/jewelry, as I'm sitting at 3khp/3k es and I imagine I'm leaving a lot of ES on the table right now. I'd like to clear lab myself if possible (never done that in uber before).

Not too sure how they scale, except that it isn't linear. The damage didn't drop that much because Quality also provides 1% Minion Damage per 1% Quality.

For lab, I personally wouldn't use this build (I made another character to enchant stuff for this build). The defenses this build provides: Temporal Chains, high Chaos Resists, hybrid Life/ES, high Block, etc, aren't the best for lab traps. It's designed to avoid chain hits, but not continous damage. That said, however, there are workarounds any build can use. I suggest:
- Vaal Discipline
- Devouring Totems with Desecrate (we create loads of corpses thanks to Spirit Eater)
- The interaction between Blood Rage, Cast when Damage Taken, Immortal Call, and Soul of Arakaali
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Hey, nice guide...i wanna try it as an Elementalist.
If anyone can post a tree for ele ascend. i would be greateful :)
Cheers
"
thsscapii написал:
The Vertex is really the best choice for our helmet, simply because it gives Enhance +1 Level, which boosts Quality on every other linked gem by 8%. Scale this with Curse Effect, and it becomes significant. Let's do a comparison, assuming that you use that extra gem slot (on Heretic's Veil) for a Lv 3 Empower:

The Vertex (Enchant: 30% Temporal Chains Effect)
Lv 3+1 Enhance providing 24% Quality
Lv 20+1/20 Blasphemy providing 22% Curse Effect
Lv 20+1/20 Temporal Chains = (Base 30% Slow + Quality 22% Slow) * 1.52 = 79% Slow
Lv 20+1/20 Elemental Weakness = (Base -40% Resist + -11% Resist) * 1.22 = -62% Resist

Heretic's Veil (Enchant: 30% Temporal Chains Effect)
Lv 3 Enhance providing 16% Quality
Lv 22 Blasphemy providing 0% Curse Effect
Lv 3 Empower providing +2 Levels
Lv 20+1+2/20 Temporal Chains = (Base 31% Slow + Quality 18% Slow) * 1.52 = 74% Slow
Lv 20+1+2/20 Elemental Weakness = (Base -42% Resist + -9% Resist) * 1.22 = -62% Resist

Conclusion:
In terms of improving Curses, The Vertex is unbeatable (for Curses that actually benefit from Quality). That said, however, Heretic's Veil does provide 12% Mana Reduction, which you'll have to play around with Sovereignty and the two 4% Reduced Mana Reserved nodes near Leadership and Influence.

Here are a few example options I came up with:

All Mana Reservation nodes, 2 Curses + Discipline + Arctic Armour = 96% Reserved
https://poe.mikelat.com/#iH=kzu/BWlVb.THtp

Sovereignty + Leadership + One 4% node, 2 Curses + Discipline + Arctic Armour = 100% Reserved
https://poe.mikelat.com/#mxBAIq/BWlVb.THtp

Sovereignty + Leadership, 2 Curses + Discipline + Enhance = 95% Reserved
https://poe.mikelat.com/#qdm=_m/BWlVb.NXft

Just play around with the calculator, but don't forget you might need to get more Mana on gear or passives when reserving over 90%. I can't tell you what's the best option for your playstyle, and honestly there are too many variations of using Enhance, Enlighten, Reduced Mana Reservation nodes, etc. Sometimes, I spend a whole hour just fiddling with it xD

Edit: I realise I took so long to make this post Mika already replied =P
Edit 2: Not sure what you mean by +2 Heretic's Veil. You can't get +1 Level to Socketed Gems corruption on helmets. If you could, Heretic's Veil with that corruption might possibly be better.

Hey :)

I'm getting bit different numbers myself. I'm doing the math with just 20% curse effectiveness from Skittering Runes from the tree and 10% curse effectiveness from blasphemy quality. However I'm using enhance level 4 as its cheaper and easier to come by, than any Temp Chains effectiveness enhancement. You seem to have taken 20% effectiveness from Blasphemys quality instead of 10%.

The Vertex (No Temporal Chains Effect Enhancement)
Lv 20+1/20 Temporal Chains = (Base 30% Slow + Quality 10% Slow) = 40% slow
Lv 4+1 Enhance providing 32% Quality = 40% slow + 16% slow = 56% slow (Tooltip verifies)

Lv 20+1/20 Blasphemy providing 10% Curse Effect + 20% Curse Effect from Skittering Runes or 20% Temporal Chains Effect on helmet = 30% Effectiveness

56% slow * 1.3 effectiveness = 72.8%

Heretics Veil (No Temporal Chains Effect Enhancement)
Lv 20+1/20 Temporal Chains = (Base 30% Slow + Quality 10% Slow) = 40% slow
Lv 4 Enhance providing 24% Quality = 40% slow + 12% slow = 52% slow (Tooltip verifies)

20% Curse Effect from Skittering Runes = 20% Effectiveness

52% slow * 1.2 effectiveness = 62.4%

"
hey could you check my passive tree, character is tinfatgolem

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tinfat/characters

and see what you think? i've changed a couple of things and here are my defenses

https://i.imgur.com/O5EeJAz.jpg

if you don't see the gems on the character it means i moved them to my rf so i could level them

the links are

helm - purity of ice - fire - discipline - enlighten

shield - shield charge - fortify - flesh offering

clayshaper - desecrate - immortal call - cast when damage taken

chest - summon flame golem - gmp - empower - minion damage - spell echo - controlled destruction

gloves - elemental weakness - curse on hit - gmp - ball lightning

boots - fortify - animated guardian - raise zombies - minion life

unset ring - convocation

It seems you are playing HC with the build. The default tree is not optimized for HC at all and you need to do some fine tuning yourself as I have never played HC and don't know whats needed there.

However i can help with gem links.

Try to get Temp Chains config in "The Vertex" as soon as possible. It's the best defense the build has and must be in helmet to gain maximal effectiveness.

You don't seem to be using Phase Run at all, which is the second best defense for the build. 80% aggro drop from first hit means only 20% more hits after the first one.

I recommend getting my links at first and seeing how they work. Everything is in place for a reason.

"
Thank you for this guide :)

My first time killing guardians and shaper <3 Did two runs so far, died in all maps to the bosses in the first run, but there was never a danger of bricking the maps/set. I was a bit worried on chimera since he has phases, and as such golems can't kill him for sure like the other bosses, but it all worked out fine (temp chains ftw) :)
On the second run i did chimera and phoenix deathless, but minotaur was a bit dicey. He had some extra damage mods so he was able to kill my golems, but in the end we succeeded with one portal left \o/ Never a danger of bricking the shaper set. Lovely build :)

I also did two vaal temple runs deathless. Another first :D I've done vaal temple before on cospris discharge, but never deathless :) It was a bit of a pain, cause my flask setup is not very good, so bleed was a problem, but we prevailed :) Also, golems died a lot in that fight while i was alive. That is really rare! That degen ground is a biatch!

I do not have +1 rainbowstride yet, so i didn't dare bring guardian to any of the T16/shaper. He might've survived, who knows, but he would've died for sure in vaal temple!
EDIT: Just bought +1 boots with correct colours for 2 ex \o/ Almost lowest possible rolls, but w/e :)

None of this was about bragging about how skilled i am as a player. I'm not. This was all to say thanx a lot for this great guide/build. You carried me hard <3

Suggestions:

One thing i feel is missing from the guide is info about gems. I would love it if you could incorporate info about every single gem. Is level 21/20 or 20/23 (or even 1/23 for cwdt and/or 7/23 for desecrate/tempest shield) the better corruption, and an explanation as to why :) And ofc if quality is meaningless on any gems. Also, is 22 quality as good as 23 quality? When i'm looking in path of building, it looks like the damage does not change between quality 22 and 23... The more info the better :)

Also, ball lightning should be kept at lvl 1, i do not think you pointed that out? (I might be wrong (never mind, i checked and you did point out that it can be left at lvl 1 for mana purposes. Maybe change the wording to "should" instead of "can"?)) I myself leveled it to 20 to flip it for the 20 quality, and the qol improvement from a lvl 20/0 ball lightning to a lvl 1/20 ball lightning was massive (because mana)!

Under "Skills, Tricks, Crafting and Boss killing" -> "Boss killing Gear & Techniques" you should edit "Vaal pyramid" to "Vaal Temple". Vaal Pyramid is a T3 map ;)

Under "Gems Links" -> "Defence" -> "4 Link Phase Run" You say Desecrate and Tempest shield must be left to lvl 1. You should change this to make it clear that it should NOT be leveled ABOVE 7 as the character level requirement at gem level 7 is 37, and as such can still be triggered by a lvl 1 cwdt since it has a character lvl requirement of 38.

EDIT: Under "Skills, Tricks, Crafting and Boss killing" -> "Boss killing Gear & Techniques" -> "Shaper" you write: "Lastly don't take Animate Guardian to Shaper fight if it's not at least level 26". The wording makes it seem like it is possible to get a lvl 27 or higher animate guardian, so i suggest you remove the "at least" part of that sentence to make it clear that lvl 26 is max.

Plz do not view my suggestion as criticism. They are meant as helpful pointers to further perfect this lovely guide <3 Thanx again for helping me tackle the end game for the very first time! (been playing since closed beta)

Oh, one last question: How did you manage to add the elemental weakness from animate guardian in the damage calculation in path of building? :o I have not been able to figure that one out...

EDIT: One last last question: Is there maybe a point to incorporating 1 Primordial Eminence jewel into the build? Is it possible that the armor roll on that jewel is the difference between a dead and an alive golem in for instance the Minotaur fight?
'

Thanks for support! ^^

Nice to hear your story of how boss fights went. After few practice runs, you should be able to do them all deathless as the biggest moves are pretty easy dodge when you know what to look for ;)

You had very good suggestions for the build. Thanks for providing exact locations and fixed line for each place. I made most of the listed changes immediately and kept some. Here is the change-note :

- Quality of gems

Quality only matters on Temporal Chains and Blasphemy as it gives some concrete benefit needed to max the effectiveness. Rest on gems get some smaller bonuses from quality, but not so much that it needed to be rushed or should not be bought from vendor. I might add quality part for gems later.

- Ball Lightning level

Fixed the wording

- Vaal pyramid

Fixed the wording

- Desecrate & Tempest Shield

Both do nothing for the build by adding extra levels or quality. It's just easier to buy them from vendor and leave to level 1.

- Ag level

Fixed the wording, level 26 was bit overprotective for AG. 24-25 seems to be more realistic level needed for AG for Shaper fight.

- Primordial Eminence

The Armor that Golems get is very minimal from one jewel. With enough levels Golems will tank Minotaur even with standard mapping gear. If you get Golems 21/0 and Empower 4 with Skin of the Loyal, you can probably stop changing gear for all but Shaper, Uber Atziri and Hall of GM fights.

"
Excellent guide, thank you!

Some general questions:

Fire penetration still stacks on top of elemental equilibrium even if monsters start with 0 resists right? They'd still drop down to -87% or whatever, so its not wasted, just possibly not as efficient as concentrated effect. I'm scrounging together exalts for skin of the loyal, 3R socket is cheaper :) I generally just map farm anyway.

Second, is there any known data about how fire golem damage scales as they level? I recently swapped my gem for a level 1 quality gem. I saw a dropoff in damage but it just didnt seem as drastic as I would have expected. Just curious what I can expect for damage increase as I go from my current level 18 to low/mid 20's.

Last, how does this build fair in uber lab? I'm waiting to get my skin of the loyal and then upgrade my belt/jewelry, as I'm sitting at 3khp/3k es and I imagine I'm leaving a lot of ES on the table right now. I'd like to clear lab myself if possible (never done that in uber before).

"
Not too sure how they scale, except that it isn't linear. The damage didn't drop that much because Quality also provides 1% Minion Damage per 1% Quality.

For lab, I personally wouldn't use this build (I made another character to enchant stuff for this build). The defenses this build provides: Temporal Chains, high Chaos Resists, hybrid Life/ES, high Block, etc, aren't the best for lab traps. It's designed to avoid chain hits, but not continous damage. That said, however, there are workarounds any build can use. I suggest:
- Vaal Discipline
- Devouring Totems with Desecrate (we create loads of corpses thanks to Spirit Eater)
- The interaction between Blood Rage, Cast when Damage Taken, Immortal Call, and Soul of Arakaali

Thanks for support ^^

Fire res can go to minus percents. Below 0% each minus % will add more damage, same as with players and ele weakness when you have low res. Elemental Equilibrium, Fire Penetration, Elemental Weakness and Flammability all drop fire resistance below zero and work pretty same way adding more damage even when enemies have 0% fire res as base.

Cont Dest gives more DPS with totem and EE up but costs more and needs totem spamming. Fire pene gives bit less but more stable and less spiky damage. It also costs less and needs less totem spamming so its great for lazy mappers who hate extra clicking (like me :P)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Summon_Flame_Golem

In the page there are 2x charts :

First one is bonus to player from Gem level (This is what all players find)

Second one is hidden at the bottom of the page and has bonus to Golem per Gem level (This is what everyone is looking for)

Level Life Attack Speed Damage

Wiki is super wonky with minion information so pretty much nobody has found the second chart on first look. Took me few weeks to find it myself when I made the build. I really should add the chart to guide...

Uber Atizi itself is super easy boss with build. You just run around while keeping the boss in Temp Chains range. Temp Chains wrecks boss minions, Boss projectiles cant hit you while you are running and Golems do the killing. Traps are pretty dangerous, but I zoom through dangerous areas with Quicksilver flasks. Can't really recommend build as serious lab runner, but it can certainly do it few times with no bigger problems.

"
Hey, nice guide...i wanna try it as an Elementalist.
If anyone can post a tree for ele ascend. i would be greateful :)
Cheers

Imho, Necromancer gives much more balanced mapping as Ascendancy nodes give 90% increased minion damage which is about the same as extra Golem and high level Golems stop dying in boss fights even without elemental immunity. All of Necros Ascendancy points are extremely useful for the build, where rest of Elementalists nodes deal next to nothing.

If you want to use Elementalist and use Animate Guardian, tree is same as you need the 16% elemental resistance for minions from "Herd of the Flock" or 2x rare jewels with 9-10% elemental resistance for minions to cap AG's resistances.

If you don't use AG, you can drop "Herd of the Flock", but the 1,5% regen and 15% damage nodes before it are still pretty much needed.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Последняя редакция: mika2salo. Время: 29 сент. 2017 г., 15:01:12
First, check this out, you might wanna fix your tree:

Btw I played necro, didn't much liked it, ele immunity on summons plus +1 golem looked like a more decent deal to me.

Respecced for ele after lvl85, works good so far.
Последняя редакция: makingmericagreatagain. Время: 29 сент. 2017 г., 18:32:21
anyone have a pastebin for an elementalist version of this? Wanna check it out but no idea about the ascendancies becuase I've never played ele.
Or even a pb of a cheaper version of this necro build. I didnt see one in the last few pages. OP's build is like superman gear whereas im trying to get a grasp on it with a peasant budget here
Also, why take influence in the passive tree? seems like it only boosts discipline? Can that not be boosted somewhere else?
Последняя редакция: deadfncat. Время: 30 сент. 2017 г., 3:38:51
Hello !

First of all, i'd like to thank you for this build, i love it.
I created the necromancer version but i'm not a big fan of the offering system.

I'm actually doing an elementalist golem witch with 4 fire golem and 1 chaos golem (stronger dps thanks to the harmonies) and immortall call instead of bone offering. (no animated guardian for the moment).

But I have a question about elementalist ascendancy. Does the buff granted by Mastermind of discord work for my golem too (Like Elemental Equilibrium) ?
Or does it work only for spells that i directly cast ?

Thank you for your answers.
Thanks for your answer and suggestion but i still wanna try the Elementalist ascendency but i wanna play without animated guardian :)
"
deadfncat написал:
anyone have a pastebin for an elementalist version of this? Wanna check it out but no idea about the ascendancies becuase I've never played ele.
Or even a pb of a cheaper version of this necro build. I didnt see one in the last few pages. OP's build is like superman gear whereas im trying to get a grasp on it with a peasant budget here
Also, why take influence in the passive tree? seems like it only boosts discipline? Can that not be boosted somewhere else?

From what i experience now, ele is not "MUCH" different than necro by the terms of clearing speed. Since you get 1 more golem to make up for the damage loss, you still do less damage and it is clearly visible but not too bad.

Being able farm bosses easier than necro is just i couldn't resist to have that. :)

I also having thoughts about the tree and gear and see how i can upgrade it to a better version but couldn't find much apart from the tree fix above.

Maybe you can try "Ambu's Charge" on the ani guardian because he will share the endurance charges with you and your minions both, it can make you tankier.

Don't know how will it perform against chaos damage though.
Последняя редакция: makingmericagreatagain. Время: 30 сент. 2017 г., 7:06:41
I sort of winged the guide and just bought the jewels and gave this a shot. I managed to kill shaper at level 80.

Here is the run here (Not very clean as I was chatting and playing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qpjs_vYSOY&
Tmmr i should be 100
@mika waiting for your elementalist tree i will also make my char open once lv 100 xd !
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация