[3.24]💥Lahkesis Queen of Chaos"Essence Drain/Bane"[LowLife] 💥💥

"
AndersonZM написал:
I'm starting the league with this build. Its fun and leveling has been a breeze so far. Is it possible to boost damage by having a second main weapon with any chaos damage gem (like blight/caustic arrow) to use during downtime at bosses? The idea is to use bane/essence drain and swap weapons to get access to another chaos damage skill for more damage (both weapons 6L of course, not cheap option).

IMO 6 link on bow and body armor is enough. 2x 6-linked active skills + eventually 2 or 3 linked contagion is enough in case of damage and clicking many buttons. Do not forget about flasks and vaal skill. Additional weapon swap + another damaging skill like Caustic or Soulrend is too much. Put some ED or bane gems there to level them and vaal after that and here we go.

Things are already complicated enough!
Последняя редакция: MrKossa. Время: 11 сент. 2019 г., 6:26:35
"
MrKossa написал:
I am playing this build in 3.8. It is fun and strong. Although I have got one suggestion.

(Un)fortunately contagion is MUST have in case of clear speed, utility and general having fun. So far I have got it linked with Intesify Support and Increased AoE. I am playing LL Bane/ED version so some gems must be removed - I'd suggest getting rid of both offensive vaal skills - RF and Blight.

What do you think?

These 2 gems are included in there as alternatives. Even though not fully specified, they can be used in whichever cases you prefer. However...

1. Contagion in 3.8 is pretty bad, it requires intensify/inc AoE support to be usable, meaning 2 gem slots already invested for just Contagion.

2. In order to fit in Contagion for ED/Bane setup, you would have to get rid of Enduring Cry/Cwdt-Immortal Call, not just 2 Vaal skills. No other gems can be replaced in terms of importance. Both of which is not really worth it. Immortal Call without Enduring Cry means we lost 3 endurance charges and much less duration (like 1.3 seconds for just 28% less elemental dmg taken and 29% less physical dmg taken).

3. Debuffing enemies is our survival. I already witnessed that in deep delve/rippy map (now in deep delve if I want to survive I just ED a random rare mob), if I just focus on Contagion to clear the whole screen, I either got destroyed by Porcupines (no Immortal Call/3 endurance charges and eventually had to slow down in clear speed regardless), or certain enemies like Beyond boss can straight up kill me when I didn't click Bane to apply Enfeeble on them.

4. In order to make Bane more effective, passives such as Lethal Assault and a small node leading to it (15% more AoE) and Hex Master (10% extra curse effect and a whopping 40% increased AoE) became super important to spec into now. Once done, your AoE of Bane will be very big, and will be able to help you move from pack to pack. With enough dmg Bane can destroy a whole big pack with just 1 cast. But yes, it is clunkier without Contagion, this is the downside.

I timed myself and not including master missions in maps, if I just run a T16 and pick up barely any loot, it takes me around 2 -2.5 minutes to complete a map, which isn't the worst thing ever, as my variant is very very defensive.
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 11 сент. 2019 г., 8:37:43
"
Hologram_o написал:
"
MrKossa написал:
I am playing this build in 3.8. It is fun and strong. Although I have got one suggestion.

(Un)fortunately contagion is MUST have in case of clear speed, utility and general having fun. So far I have got it linked with Intesify Support and Increased AoE. I am playing LL Bane/ED version so some gems must be removed - I'd suggest getting rid of both offensive vaal skills - RF and Blight.

What do you think?

These 2 gems are included in there as alternatives. Even though not fully specified, they can be used in whichever cases you prefer. However...

1. Contagion in 3.8 is pretty bad, it requires intensify/inc AoE support to be usable, meaning 2 gem slots already invested for just Contagion.

2. In order to fit in Contagion for ED/Bane setup, you would have to get rid of Enduring Cry/Cwdt-Immortal Call, not just 2 Vaal skills. No other gems can be replaced in terms of importance. Both of which is not really worth it. Immortal Call without Enduring Cry means we lost 3 endurance charges and much less duration (like 1.3 seconds for just 28% less elemental dmg taken and 29% less physical dmg taken).

3. Debuffing enemies is our survival. I already witnessed that in deep delve/rippy map (now in deep delve if I want to survive I just ED a random rare mob), if I just focus on Contagion to clear the whole screen, I either got destroyed by Porcupines (no Immortal Call/3 endurance charges and eventually had to slow down in clear speed regardless), or certain enemies like Beyond boss can straight up kill me when I didn't click Bane to apply Enfeeble on them.

4. In order to make Bane more effective, passives such as Lethal Assault and a small node leading to it (15% more AoE) and Hex Master (10% extra curse effect and a whopping 40% increased AoE) became super important to spec into now. Once done, your AoE of Bane will be very big, and will be able to help you move from pack to pack. With enough dmg Bane can destroy a whole big pack with just 1 cast. But yes, it is clunkier without Contagion, this is the downside.

I timed myself and not including master missions in maps, if I just run a T16 and pick up barely any loot, it takes me around 2 -2.5 minutes to complete a map, which isn't the worst thing ever, as my variant is very very defensive.

Ok, all we need is unset elder ling to make a pair with Mark of the Shaper. We put Flame Dash or Enduring Cry there. Then we can make CWDT - IC and Contagion - Intesify/Inc AoE pair.

I can understand that using Contagion before Bane is risky in deep Delve and Maps, but for example during Blight encounter using Contagion first is much more beneficial, regardless of Map Tier.
Yeah that is an option but you still have to leave out one of those gems if you go with Contagion and a support gem. Either that support gem or Enduring cry has to be left out. Gearing can be a bit more difficult at league start for unset ring elder base, though. I don't recall seeing it drop a lot, if at al, from about 120 uber elder encounters in legion and other contents. Cool idea, regardless.
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o написал:
Yeah that is an option but you still have to leave out one of those gems if you go with Contagion and a support gem. Either that support gem or Enduring cry has to be left out. Gearing can be a bit more difficult at league start for unset ring elder base, though. I don't recall seeing it drop a lot, if at al, from about 120 uber elder encounters in legion and other contents. Cool idea, regardless.

We've got:

BOW - 6 link ED setup,
BODY - 6 link Bane setup,
GLOVES - enlighten - vaal discipline - zealotry - BM
BOOTS - blasphemy - temp chains | clarity - flame dash
HELM - enduring cry - CWDT | contagion - intesify
UNSET - immortal call

According to my calculation, we don't need to remove anything. Am I missing something? Maybe you've got 2x enlighten?
and Unset Elder Ring is not an issue I guess :P

https://imgur.com/a/OU0UG6k
"
MrKossa написал:
"
Hologram_o написал:

We've got:

BOW - 6 link ED setup,
BODY - 6 link Bane setup,
GLOVES - enlighten - vaal discipline - zealotry - BM
BOOTS - blasphemy - temp chains | clarity - flame dash
HELM - enduring cry - CWDT | contagion - intesify
UNSET - immortal call

According to my calculation, we don't need to remove anything. Am I missing something? Maybe you've got 2x enlighten?

YOu miss Malevolence, one of the most important auras, both for skill effect duration and more DoT xD.

There is in fact 1 enlighten. It is linked with the setup that reserves life, the rest of mana reservation reduction goes to skill tree. So one gem eventually will have to be left out, and if it is enduring cry, then Steelskin should be replacement for Immortal Call (especially if you manually cast it). Either way, you lose a layer of defense against porcupine monsters. IC doesn't grant physical immunity, and black porcupines (50% cold 50% physical) will give you a harder time, and Steelskin goes on cooldown as well. In general, I find it annoying having to press so many buttons (7 buttons, which is maximum amount in 3.7 but now only 5, gameplay is smoother, and I can focus more on different things on screen. We have 5 flasks after all, to manage).
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 11 сент. 2019 г., 10:42:21
Damn XD, I knew I missed something.

Well, I got rid of any gems supporting Contagion and with those juicy AoE nodes in passive tree it is not so bad as for utility gem (I do not have any quality on it yet!). I think it is better option than any vaal skill. Very usable for mapping, especially during legion and blight encounters - put in a unset elder and here we go. And it is fun!
Tried out a new gem setup for delve (didn't delve solo last league so now I test in standard with lv 81 monsters). The new setup is Essence Drain + GMP (replace Void manipulation in 6L) + Projectile Weakness (replace Poacher's Mark in Bane setup) + Vaal Clarity. The idea is to have ED fire 5 projectiles and thanks to Projectile Weakness everything in the way is cursed, gives 25% chance for knockback (which I don't need much it's not useful much anyway), some dmg boost to the hit of ED (which isn't much), but most notably PIERCE.

The idea is to make use of ED's mechanic of giving life regen and here I have a boat load of monsters being pierced by ED when cursed by Projectile Weakness and each monster gives me 0.5% life regen from ED's DoT part. (My ED is at 1.1 million DoT non-Shaper DPS with GMP AND probably 2 other lv 20 support gems). To achieve ED spam when cornered by delve monsters with quite a bit of life, Vaal Clarity helps out quite a lot, as the duration of this skill is 12 seconds. So I pretty much wait for Vaal Clarity to be ready and stand in a corner and fire rains of ED projectiles, which looks pretty fire xD. The amount of regen is super good, ES back to full so quickly, and usually full at all times. Defensively this is looking even better than ED/Contagion, because I have to cast Bane first to grant pierce effect, and by doing so monsters are cursed with Enfeeble and Despair in the process as well, which is what I want. Will test in further Delve depths.

I lose 3 frenzy charges, but dmg loss is not that significant. I reckon this setup might be even possible in regular mapping, but requires full setup and investment in gearing to make this work, as GMP lowers ED's single target dmg a lot when I use it like this. I still use the other setup, with Poacher's Mark for maps, just switch for delve.

EDIT: Keeping Poacher's Mark for 3 frenzy charges and having GMP on ED is fine, I figure, but that misses out on piercing. Still, I find firing 5 ED projectiles against 5 victims that catch them is pretty lit.
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 12 сент. 2019 г., 22:03:28
Can someone please provide me with the right gem link?

I look at the guide but there are extra gems on there
and I look at the gems attached to the suggested eqs and they are different too

so which on should I follow then? thanks.

this is the first time im trying this build btw.

Thank you so much

EDIT:

Also in PoB, any reason as to why Lord of the Dead ( a minion based node) is taken?
Последняя редакция: caprisolle. Время: 13 сент. 2019 г., 6:07:05

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация