[3.24]💥Lahkesis Queen of Chaos"Essence Drain/Bane"[LowLife] 💥💥

"
caprisolle написал:
Can someone please provide me with the right gem link?

I look at the guide but there are extra gems on there
and I look at the gems attached to the suggested eqs and they are different too

so which on should I follow then? thanks.

this is the first time im trying this build btw.

Thank you so much

EDIT:

Also in PoB, any reason as to why Lord of the Dead ( a minion based node) is taken?

Don't use Vaal Blight and Vaal Righteous Fire. If low life, follow ED/Bane low life setup. The rest should be clear. Minion nodes because of Spiritual Aid for dmg, but I find it unnecessary as I prefer more defense. Read through the guide more and it will answer all of your questions for now. It's not as straightforward, so once you understand everything you'll see how powerful it can get.
A filthy casual
Well, tried this build since the Blight started, but as I read - it's for real not beginner friendly :D Since we get high lvl, Ascendancy, some good gear, which is hard to grab because its expensive in early stage of the game, we have really low life and ES, so playing must be very carefully, but dmg is nice. I hope the pain will be awarded, when I get some better gear and more lvls(64 for now). Any tips for better survivability btw? :P
"
Yatori90 написал:
Well, tried this build since the Blight started, but as I read - it's for real not beginner friendly :D Since we get high lvl, Ascendancy, some good gear, which is hard to grab because its expensive in early stage of the game, we have really low life and ES, so playing must be very carefully, but dmg is nice. I hope the pain will be awarded, when I get some better gear and more lvls(64 for now). Any tips for better survivability btw? :P

In terms of defense we really don't have much, unfortunately. There's a couple downsides.

1. You need a decent enough mana pool to reserve mana with all the needed auras and still have some mana left to cast. This means you usually need higher character level to achieve this.

2. The build really shines once you get some currency lying around to get a crafted bow, or other gear with good ES rolls.

In this stage, aside from the very basic defenses (Enduring Cry + Bane with linked curses/curse effects on tree + Immortal Call + Vaal Discipline + defensive flasks as bare minimum defense), you can invest in a lot of damage. You will die a lot as you're squishy (and the terrible state ES is in right now compared to 3.5 and 3.6), but the dmg is worth it, you'll be able to work up to the toughest bosses in the game and just don't get hit or take very little dmg and kill them in the end anyway. Unfortunately the way I see it for the build is that it has become more and more offensive-based especially low level and more glasscannon than the trusty defensive ascendancy from the past. That means you'll need to pay attention to what you're doing, and move around wisely to get yourself out of trouble in perilous situations.

And then once you manage to take down the toughest bosses in the game like Uber Elder/Shaper and T16 guardians you can start farming uber elder for better gear (more ES, Watcher's Eye defensive version, panicked divine life flask, etc etc), min-maxing gem setup (lv 21 gems or 20/23 or both), go for more ES nodes on tree and from that point the build will be a lot more tanky than before. This is the painful progress I went through in 3.7 (2nd char, still league starter when it was like 10 days into league), dying a lot, need more levels to spec into curse effect nodes on tree and other things. But in the end as of now, I'm in love with the build and never really get bored playing her. I'm testing with some new tweaks in gem setup a bit more, and so far it's looking good.

Really, when you compare to melee builds in 3.8 (like nerfed cyclone, 2H juggs etc) each build seems to need to reach a point where you have enough currency to make a breakthrough from your current poor/squishy version. And since you have enough dmg, you can just roll with it and make it through any bosses (still feel better than being tanky like a Jugg but does zero dmg and clear speed is slow as snail, trust me).
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o написал:
"
Yatori90 написал:

In terms of defense we really don't have much, unfortunately. There's a couple downsides.

1. You need a decent enough mana pool to reserve mana with all the needed auras and still have some mana left to cast. This means you usually need higher character level to achieve this.

2. The build really shines once you get some currency lying around to get a crafted bow, or other gear with good ES rolls.

In this stage, aside from the very basic defenses (Enduring Cry + Bane with linked curses/curse effects on tree + Immortal Call + Vaal Discipline + defensive flasks as bare minimum defense), you can invest in a lot of damage. You will die a lot as you're squishy (and the terrible state ES is in right now compared to 3.5 and 3.6), but the dmg is worth it, you'll be able to work up to the toughest bosses in the game and just don't get hit or take very little dmg and kill them in the end anyway. Unfortunately the way I see it for the build is that it has become more and more offensive-based especially low level and more glasscannon than the trusty defensive ascendancy from the past. That means you'll need to pay attention to what you're doing, and move around wisely to get yourself out of trouble in perilous situations.

And then once you manage to take down the toughest bosses in the game like Uber Elder/Shaper and T16 guardians you can start farming uber elder for better gear (more ES, Watcher's Eye defensive version, panicked divine life flask, etc etc), min-maxing gem setup (lv 21 gems or 20/23 or both), go for more ES nodes on tree and from that point the build will be a lot more tanky than before. This is the painful progress I went through in 3.7 (2nd char, still league starter when it was like 10 days into league), dying a lot, need more levels to spec into curse effect nodes on tree and other things. But in the end as of now, I'm in love with the build and never really get bored playing her. I'm testing with some new tweaks in gem setup a bit more, and so far it's looking good.

Really, when you compare to melee builds in 3.8 (like nerfed cyclone, 2H juggs etc) each build seems to need to reach a point where you have enough currency to make a breakthrough from your current poor/squishy version. And since you have enough dmg, you can just roll with it and make it through any bosses (still feel better than being tanky like a Jugg but does zero dmg and clear speed is slow as snail, trust me).

Well, must I say the dmg do its job really well. Despite low life and ES in my poor version right now, I have no any bigger problems with going through the acts. Mapping shouldnt be tougher too. You shot in the point with builds - last few leagues I went phys-builds based on tanky juggs, so this is something pretty new for me :) Maybe need some more experience with this build to make my own way of playing and dont dying. I'll believe your words and I'm planning to play this build through whole league, so.. Im going to do this :) For now dmg do the job better than tanky builds, but need just more carefully playing. Need to just accustom this
"
Yatori90 написал:

Well, must I say the dmg do its job really well. Despite low life and ES in my poor version right now, I have no any bigger problems with going through the acts. Mapping shouldnt be tougher too. You shot in the point with builds - last few leagues I went phys-builds based on tanky juggs, so this is something pretty new for me :) Maybe need some more experience with this build to make my own way of playing and dont dying. I'll believe your words and I'm planning to play this build through whole league, so.. Im going to do this :) For now dmg do the job better than tanky builds, but need just more carefully playing. Need to just accustom this

Yes, this build is not quite user friendly, especially if you have never played a curse-invested build before. The build has 3 curses as maximum number active at the same time, but we can make 4 curses with the 4th one being some utility (right now it's to give frenzy charges). And 6 auras total, low life, ES and some uniques are required.

You can level up as a life-based character, and then later try to afford ES gear and go low-life. Life-based occultists is a thing since 3.7 due to the BS nerfs on ES, so there's that as well. The reason why league starting with the build is possible because of the damage output. So it's offense making up for defense, meaning you can still progress through tougher contents, just that leveling later on will be harder if you keep dying. Try aiming for level 90-92, and then start farming uber elder and sell other good items/farming other contents like Blight, Betrayal, etc to get rich and at that point you can pimp your truck, purchase your needed uniques and sexy ES gears ready to spec into low life.

That's what I would do for 3.8. Good luck!
A filthy casual
But for now, sting-shooting on death creatures are really pain in the ass :D almost impossible to avoid this shit, when they're in group :/ A8 will be hard one
"
Yatori90 написал:
But for now, sting-shooting on death creatures are really pain in the ass :D almost impossible to avoid this shit, when they're in group :/ A8 will be hard one

You mean porcupine monsters? Yes, those are the Kryptonite of this build in 3.7, so in 3.8 I have decided to give further reinforcements to counter them by using cwdt + immortal call + enduring cry combo (all of which can be bought when you completed act 6). This layer of defense will be very good for you as you have more defense. Don't worry too much about strength requirement, if you can afford cwdt lv 6 and immortal call lv 8, great, but if not that's okay, keep them low. Enduring cry for some minor life regen and 3 endurance charges against a pack so pressing it can give you more survival chance. Get more life, try capping resists if you haven't, and you should be ready to go!
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 13 сент. 2019 г., 17:09:57
"
Hologram_o написал:
"
caprisolle написал:
Can someone please provide me with the right gem link?

I look at the guide but there are extra gems on there
and I look at the gems attached to the suggested eqs and they are different too

so which on should I follow then? thanks.

this is the first time im trying this build btw.

Thank you so much

EDIT:

Also in PoB, any reason as to why Lord of the Dead ( a minion based node) is taken?

Don't use Vaal Blight and Vaal Righteous Fire. If low life, follow ED/Bane low life setup. The rest should be clear. Minion nodes because of Spiritual Aid for dmg, but I find it unnecessary as I prefer more defense. Read through the guide more and it will answer all of your questions for now. It's not as straightforward, so once you understand everything you'll see how powerful it can get.

I'm sorry but I don't get it. Is there minions in this build?
Aspect of the spider? is that it?

I apologize if I am asking silly questions.
As I have not played this game for years now.

Also, I am following the ED/Bane low life setup from this guide and that's where I saw the extra gems.

Basically remove vaal blight and righteous fire for CWDT-Immortal Call+ Enduring Cry?

Thanks
"
caprisolle написал:

I'm sorry but I don't get it. Is there minions in this build?
Aspect of the spider? is that it?

I apologize if I am asking silly questions.
As I have not played this game for years now.

Also, I am following the ED/Bane low life setup from this guide and that's where I saw the extra gems.

Basically remove vaal blight and righteous fire for CWDT-Immortal Call+ Enduring Cry?

Thanks

There are no minion gems in the gem setup so no minions. Eventually the passive notable below is where you will accumulate minion inc dmg modifier from all sources, including passives and gear.

Enduring cry is always there in the first place. There is no better gem that can give 3 endurance charges and also some es regen without requiring anything. Drop 2 vaal skills for cwdt and immortal call.
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 14 сент. 2019 г., 7:53:12
Tried Uber Elder with the new GMP replacing Void Manipulation for 5 ED projectiles and it worked well! There's quite a bit of dmg loss but my ED was still about 561k DoT (0 frenzy charges active). Good thing is that when portal phases begin I nuke them down pretty damn easy thanks to 5 ED projectiles doing massive damage to the adds that spawn.

However I believe it's only recommended if you've got full gear to offset the dmg loss from GMP. But once it's used, it gives a ton of defense in terms of ES regen - hitting 5 different mobs + Vaal Clarity to spam ED more often means it's super easy to keep ES at full now!

EDIT: No regen map mod is now possible, or sometimes even easily done depending on other map mods and other contents (Legions, abyss, breaches, etc) but generally very doable. I tested with a bunch of high tier red maps including a T16 Chimera map with this mod and probably some other buffs to mobs. The key here is to use Vaal Clarity which allows 12 seconds of spamming Bane and whatever moves to move fast through the maps, and switch out the panicked life flask for the Hallowed Hybrid Flask for mana sustain and some extra ES recovery. It sucks because we lose a lot of defense, as ES cannot regenerate and only has recharge and flask use, and there's mana problem and the loss of panicked life flask and consecrated ground does not provide us any regen as well. However, with Poacher's Mark we refill our mana flasks very quickly so flask uptime is still 100% for the most part during no-regen maps. No regen without a doubt is still the most dangerous map mod, but it can be done more reliably now :). Build now can absolutely run any mods without having to reroll when we see this mod (except if we're leveling and don't want to face more chance to die, but usually we would reroll maps with like 3 damage mods for monsters or sometimes 2 just to be extra safe when we want to get more levels anyway). \o/
A filthy casual
Последняя редакция: Hologram_o. Время: 14 сент. 2019 г., 22:30:24

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация