[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

Well, a critical strike always has a 100% chance to freeze and therefore wouldn't need the 10% extra chance if the target was chilled. But again, unless you deal some obscene amount of cold damage with a single hit there will be no Freeze.

"
Minimally freezing The Shaper requires a single hit of 1 000 000 cold damage.

Yes, there are certain builds which can perma-freeze or stun-lock The Shaper but they're not Golementalists. ;)
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 20 сент. 2019 г., 15:43:33
Understood, one can dream. ;)
SB setup... Curse on hit flammability it is for now.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 20 сент. 2019 г., 22:49:41
Since few folks were nagging me about using LMP I played the last two days with GMP instead and I must say it doesn't feel all that good in high tier maps vs tougher mobs like Breach, Abyss, Legion and indeed map bosses... maybe GMP does require the Fearsome Force cluster in the tree to make all five balls overlapping? Or maybe I'm just biased, who knows? ;)

Next thing on my to do list would be some testing with Storm Burst + CwC + Desecrate + Flesh Offering, can be extended to a 6-link setup in body armour adding EPS and BCS as well if switch to Pledge of Hand. That staff now seems to yield double the magma ball damage if not more.
The math on GMP vs LMP is quite simple. Clear speed, mapping, etc LMP will be worse, you are indeed throwing out less total dps, 40% fewer magma balls. If you are trying to eek out a little 10% more vs single target, LMP wins assuming there are no adds that would have been hit by GMP and not LMP. There are so many ways to improve dps that LMP in the 5% scenario didn't seem worth it to me, but for some it might be. I will take this opportunity again to say, get your 5% more on priomordial chain. ;)

Looking forward to your pledge of hands test, I have not researched potential there.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 8:33:42
Well, clear speed with LMP is just as good... they're throwing 42 meat ballz per salvo, more than enough to melt every trash mob instantly. But with GMP they seem to take a good bit longer vs mobs with tougher rare monsters in it such as Beyond, Breach, Abyss, or Legion, those go down noticeably faster with LMP in high tier maps.

That said, I did not take Fearsome Force in the tree, maybe those 26% increased AoE do make all the difference and tip the scale in favour of GMP... but that would mean five passives for me which I'm not willing to sacrifice quite yet.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 8:00:35
"
tomay написал:
But with GMP they seem to take a good bit longer vs mobs with tougher rare monsters in it such as Beyond, Breach, Abyss, or Legion, those go down noticeably faster with LMP in high tier maps.

A good bit longer? Noticeably faster? Common, don't be silly. No data can support that no matter how u skin it. 99% of time they will die from same # of magma ball. Now I have 40% more balls covering more area. In the 1% time your scenario could play out it was just smashed by a wave of 40% more balls crushing the area with fire and brimstone over and over and that only gets better for me in larger packs of tougher monsters that would otherwise take more balls to kill.

You make it sound like 40% more balls miss 90% of time. 40% more balls are hitting something in packs equally as much. U really have to go down to single target with no adds to find any slim chance of more dps. Minotaur is a good use case for LMP.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 8:59:30
"
ShadowHamed написал:
I have not researched potential there.

Not much to "research", here's what GSPS does:

"
Greater Spell Echo causes supported spells to repeat twice (instead of once), but has no cast speed modifier (instead of 51-70% more cast speed). Repeats deal more Spell Damage and have increased Area of Effect per Repeat. Can combine with Spell Echo Support, that adds 3rd repeat with 105% more Damage. The effective DPS multiplier (including the more cast speed) of a 20/0 Spell Echo Support is 1.53, of Greater Spell Echo Support is 1.35, and of both together is 2.33.

We will lose 1 golem but 6 golems w GMP will throw 120 ballz with three repeats, moar AoE for the explosions and lots moar damage per ball... just sick. ;)
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 21 сент. 2019 г., 8:54:51
That does look good interesting to see how that would play out when doing timed boss kills. Losing a golem or 2 and or shield may be ok if u are going nuclear and dropping whatever u are targeting twice as quick.
"
ShadowHamed написал:
A good bit longer? Noticeably faster? Common, don't be silly. No data can support that no matter how u skin it.

Want me to bring a stopwatch to boss fights now? ^^

I did quite a few breach, legion, abyss maps, some with Beyond and they all went a lot less smooth than they usually do with LMP. Which confirms my belief that there is now way that all 5 explosions with GMP can possibly inflict damage on one target. And when dealing with the likes of Abaxoth or Bameth I much prefer them to die sooner rather than later. So before calling my silly I suggest you go and try for yourself... swapping the gem is easy enough, you know. ;)

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация