[3.13] GOLEMENTALIST (Flame Golems Elementalist) Build (Easy & Safe for everyone!) +Video guide!

Wiki sez:

"
Magma Ball - Projectile AoE spell, 100% Fire, targets ground like Magma Orb so it can't pierce/chain/fork, supported by spell/AoE and some projectile supports. Has 3 charges on a base 6 second recharge cooldown.

If the Wiki is correct then the golems should fire 3 Magma Balls in quick succession (based on their cast speed modifier) and if repeated with Echo then each golem should fire 6 projectiles and then alternate between Flame Wave and Immolate until the Magma Balls skill has cooled down and becomes available again.

Right or wrong?

Edit: I could have sworn the previous version of the Wiki did mention possible Magma Ball explosion overlaps with multiple projectiles but nothing of the kind is to be found in the current article.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 15:17:59
Magma balls target ground and does aoe, thus always overlap and thus the 40% more balls from GMP that connect with something small % of time will yield more dps than LMP. I already provided the link to the spreadsheet that gives ball count data. Cast speed beyond spell echo does nothing until you get to 14-15 harmonies, as CD is effectively maxed with 9-10 well rolled harmonies.

You can always try running no GMP/LMP and see how that works out for you, lol.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 16:05:37
Well, here's the thing... the Magma Balls have always always been likened to Magma Orb in its functionality and Wiki sez:

"
Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, the explosions from Magma Orb's splashdown do not overlap, meaning that each time the orbs strike down at the same time, damage is dealt only once to any given enemy. Spread of the projectiles can be controlled by targeting closer to or further way from the caster.

So there you have it... adios multiple projectile support.
Wtf, yes, it didn't say that before, many many many have read the wiki in the past and have always stated otherwise. More testing is now indeed warranted.

LMP and GMP dead
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 16:56:08
Right ... I just ran three shaped t15 Iceberg Maps. Started the first one with Shorter Projectile Support. Bad idea really, the range suxx hard so for lack of anything better I just put in some random Enhance lvl 3 and that went very well. No loss in clear speed and the bosses melt a lot faster.

The last map had a Legion mob and I was like, "Gulp, what now? Switch back to LMP? Ah feck it, let's do this..." (Turned out to be a really juicy one, probably the biggest pack I've ever seen). Lo and behold the golems plowed thru them like the proverbial hot knife through butter, so I'd expect the results with a proper blue "more multiplier" even more impressive.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 17:06:03
Haha, nice, given the new data, that is what I would expect. My testing begins in 2 hours with a host of changes, including this.
You're in the lucky position that you can easily recolour your body armour. You can even make RRBBBB and the go for a white socket in a safehouse, with a bit of luck you hit one of the blue sockets. ;)

I don't think I have any big life RRBBBB armour atm and getting that on a not corrupted Belly isn't all the easy either.
Последняя редакция: tomay. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 17:23:48
Indeed, very lucky. I intend to run vast series of tests including timed Minotaur, your early results are wonderful.

Update ran a number of tests with some mixed results to be certain.

setup

Mapping (8-1-1)
Flame, Empower, Minion Dmg, Feeding Frenzy, Spell Echo, (Increased Area of Effect)

Bossing (7-1-1-1)
Flame, Empower, Minion Dmg, Feeding Frenzy, Spell Echo, (Concentrated Effect)

Mapping
Balls balls from LMP and GMP dont overlap per target, that is clear. That said, in general, my clear speed for large packs wasnt as smooth in 50% of cases and maybe better in 50% scenario when the packs were smaller and there were tougher monsters that now drop quicker. I was getting touched a lot more in very large packs. Im used to a wave of balls wiping the screen clean at full throttle and the occasional tougher monster or 2 left over. I had a large pack and then kicked off a breach and the setup could not keep up with too few balls.

delve still need some more testing, not conclusive, seemed to be ok balance, touched a little more but things dropped quicker.

Bossing
drop quicker for certain as can be expected, in some cases twice as quick with higher single target. didnt test enough bosses for comprehensive scenario

Minotaur timed test was at 32 seconds but it wasnt a clean fight with my application of EE and golem positioning, which were horrible

Conclusion, will need to test some more and observe results, especially how often im taking damage from certain very large packs. Its possible swapping in LMP could make some mapping easier and then switching to a more dmg for bossing might yield best results but would mean one does need to pick up a white socket. The reality is the multiple projectiles is much larger coverage. Increased Area of Effect doesnt seem to apply the same level of coverage but more testing needed.

The other notable is that anyone that is running primordial chain is likely running at least 2-3 more flame golems w/ the other added in 3.8. That does make coverage in general larger and so GMP would never be needed, LMP is possible for mapping.

Note: Also changed my EE SB setup. SB > Combustion > CoH > Flammability which is giving me -118 fire resist 60% of time. -98 fire resist 40% of time. (deduct -31 against bosses which lower curse effectiveness)
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 22 сент. 2019 г., 23:39:01
I was thinking about Combustion in my zapper too but it would only work up to 57% of the time while we have Igniting or Elemental Conflux. And the way the Conflux rotation works (Chilling/Shocking/Igniting/Elemental) doesn't play in our favour either. If there was a way to change the order to Chilling/Igniting/Shocking/Elemental more of the gaps of non-igniting Conflux would be covered by the 2 seconds Ignite duration (2.6 seconds if EPS was involved).

There is of course a more reliable way to have Fire exposure applied permanently: link Combustion to the support golems and equip a Ghastly Eye jewel that adds fire damage to minions.
Yes, there are several ways to have it applied and it is worth applying for this build as is flammability, which I used to run as aura. For now it sits there as I want to ensure I can apply to it primary tgt to what is 57% yes, my rounding of 60 for simplicity. Already in need of ghastly that adds cold, but perhaps a ring for that. That said, always a trade off as gem slots etc are all accounted for.

Better 57% than nothing at all and flammability and ignite will be 100% against primary.
Последняя редакция: ShadowHamed. Время: 23 сент. 2019 г., 7:39:58

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация