[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

How viable is this build in the league cause you got a lot of gg standard gear, like could I get to actual end game and even to faceroll status on a non standard environment?
I ve been wanting to play self cast FP for some time now and I might try this in Synthesis so if there is anyone that lvled with this and can give some feedback it would be very appriciated.
"
x_raylol написал:
How viable is this build in the league cause you got a lot of gg standard gear, like could I get to actual end game and even to faceroll status on a non standard environment?
I ve been wanting to play self cast FP for some time now and I might try this in Synthesis so if there is anyone that lvled with this and can give some feedback it would be very appriciated.

It's absolute dog shit. I had hopes for it but I respeced into winter orb.

The mechanics behind FP is just trash for delve and any indoor layout.
\]
"
x_raylol написал:

Definitely would be viable. When I started playing this build a year or so ago, all I had was a 6L Shavs and some decent ES gear. Ran a 40 chaos dagger + shield for a long time to have extra defense. I cleared Shaper just fine on that gear. I didn't start sinking serious currency (corrupt shavs/pandemonius, headhunter, GG watcher's eye, precursor's emblem rings, etc) into the build until I was convinced that it was good and had top tier potential.

I think if you are planning on playing the league enough to get to a 6L shavs, some decent ES gear, two void batteries, a Pandemonius, and a Watcher's Eye with an ES/clarity mod, then the build has "faceroll" potential. However, as a Low Life build that uses several expensive uniques, there will always be meta builds that can match the power level for less money.

@Rivx played the build in temp league for Betrayal, you could ask him about his experience.

I will try to put a couple videos together of the build with a standard gear option (no luxury items) and a budget gear option (tabula/CI setup) but might take a few days.

"
cheelos написал:
It's absolute dog shit. I had hopes for it but I respeced into winter orb.

The mechanics behind FP is just trash for delve and any indoor layout.

Winter Orb is a much more meta skill right now than Freeze Pulse, but freezing pulse is only dog shit if you play like a moron and sit right by doorway entrances and shoot the door.

If you don't play like a moron, you just flame dash through the doorway and then kill everything, or flame dash away from the door way and kill things that come through if you think it's too dangerous to dash through.

It's awkward and can be annoying, but it's definitely not "dog shit".

For Delve, you just need enough DPS to freeze everything and you're fine. I also don't like Headhunter in Delve very much; you can get going so fast that it's hard to react fast enough to keep up with the cart's turns, and if you kill a rare mob that has one of the teleporting affixes, you can get messed up.

Shouldn't have any trouble getting to at least Delve 300 on very mediocre gear.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 16 марта 2019 г., 11:48:59
Thanks for all the feedback, since I haven't started the league yet cause of irl this might not be a good league starter but if I end up playing the league long enough I ll deffo give it a try.
Here's a super budget temp league Path of Building link:

https://pastebin.com/9yrECTq3

• >500k shaper DPS
  • 5700 Energy shield
  • capped resists
  • ZERO expensive items; total budget around 120 chaos
  • I just found all this gear on Synthesis league on poe.trade. Everything except the Tabula Rasa was found for 10 chaos or less.
  • NOTE HOW DIFFERENT THE PASSIVE TREE IS. The optimal tree for crappy gear like this is much different from the optimal tree for GG gear.

That should be a decent start to farm white and yellow maps until you could get the expensive gear upgrades.

Here's what the above build would become when adding Shavs, two level 3 Enlighten jewels, two Void Batteries, a Pandemonius, and a Watcher's Eye with a ES/Clarity mod:

https://pastebin.com/L78eVmkK

• >1M shaper DPS
  • 7300 Energy shield
  • NOTE on Strength and Resists in the Path of Building: You'd have to adjust the rare items to get some more Strength and a little more resistances. I didn't spend the time adding new items for this, but looked on poe.trade and there are rings/boots/jewels that could do this all for 10c or less. No expensive rares required.
  • Some expensive uniques but nothing crazy like Headhunter
  • NOTE PASSIVE TREE CHANGES

^^ This is roughly the power level the build had in 3.3 back when I first made the guide and recorded an Uber Elder kill. I felt like the build was pretty faceroll at that point, when not sacrificing DPS to use magic find gear, and it's only gotten crazier since then.

Will add all this to OP
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 16 марта 2019 г., 14:09:45
"
tackle70 написал:

• >500k shaper DPS
  • 5700 Energy shield
  • capped resists
  • I just found all this gear on Synthesis league on poe.trade. Everything except the Tabula Rasa was found for 10 chaos or less.
  • NOTE HOW DIFFERENT THE PASSIVE TREE IS. The optimal tree for crappy gear like this is much different from the optimal tree for GG gear.

That should be a decent start to farm white and yellow maps until you could get the expensive gear upgrades.

Here's what the above build would become when adding Shavs, two level 3 Enlighten jewels, two Void Batteries, a Pandemonius, and a Watcher's Eye with a ES/Clarity mod:

• >1M shaper DPS
  • 7300 Energy shield
  • NOTE on Strength and Resists in the Path of Building: You'd have to adjust the rare items to get some more Strength and a little more resistances. I didn't spend the time adding new items for this, but looked on poe.trade and there are rings/boots/jewels that could do this all for 10c or less. No expensive rares required.

^^ This is roughly the power level the build had in 3.3 back when I first made the guide and recorded an Uber Elder kill. I felt like the build was pretty faceroll at that point, when not sacrificing DPS to use magic find gear, and it's only gotten crazier since then.

Will add all this to OP

Thx a lot i will try the budget tree/build for now and report back.
But just to say it before anyone mad does..... Energy from within jewel is around 80c in Synthesis so not rly budet (and i think not worth the nearly 300 es you get from it for the price on a budget) but you use it in the buget pob.

Btw.: Could you maybe add 5link recommdation? Probably usefull for some ppl (and probably me too). Probably drop cold res except for big bosses?

Edit: Ah and maybe give an Idea/advice what to upgrade first (and maybe even second etc) when going from budget build to "normal" build.... And when to switch trees and go low life at all :).

Thx
Последняя редакция: rossko. Время: 16 марта 2019 г., 19:28:24
"
cheelos написал:

It's absolute dog shit.

wow. wait! Aint that a stretch? im having tons of fun with it and I aint dying much, Im even using my brain to tweak it to my likings.

its absurd to call dogshit on someones work, specially when it has been buffed by last patch.

"
Rossko написал:
"
tackle70 написал:

• >500k shaper DPS
  • 5700 Energy shield
  • capped resists

• >1M shaper DPS
  • 7300 Energy shield

Will add all this to OP

Thx a lot i will try the budget tree/build for now and report back.
But just to say it before anyone mad does..... Energy from within jewel is around 80c in Synthesis so not rly budet (and i think not worth the nearly 300 es you get from it for the price on a budget) but you use it in the buget pob.

Btw.: Could you maybe add 5link recommdation? Probably usefull for some ppl (and probably me too). Probably drop cold res except for big bosses?

Edit: Ah and maybe give an Idea/advice what to upgrade first (and maybe even second etc) when going from budget build to "normal" build.... And when to switch trees :)

Wow I had no idea Energy from within was that expensive. Yeah... Definitely not worth it on a budget then. Spec a few more ES nodes and ignore the energy from within cluster until getting one.

On a 5L I'd drop energy leech. But I'd be surprised if a 5L is better than a Tabula... The ability to freeze is critical for the build, so sacrificing DPS can also mean sacrificing defense.
"
wackygoose написал:
"
cheelos написал:

It's absolute dog shit.

wow. wait! Aint that a stretch? im having tons of fun with it and I aint dying much, Im even using my brain to tweak it to my likings.

its absurd to call dogshit on someones work, specially when it has been buffed by last patch.

The skill is great. The mechanics behind it is absolute dog shit.

This build is nowhere near budget friendly and has bad clear speed due to other metas being introduced.

You can't deny that it's absolute garbage mechanically when it doesn't pulse due to doorways, monsters, rocks, tree or ANY OBJECTS IN THE TRAJECTORY.

I'd love to revisit it again but because of the mechanics being dogshit and GGG didn't fix it, it's bad overall.
\]
"
cheelos написал:
the mechanics being dogshit and GGG didn't fix it

So go post in the feedback forum and stop trolling here.
Последняя редакция: tackle70. Время: 17 марта 2019 г., 8:01:12

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация