Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

[/quote]
Looks like the damage would be about the same, maybe a little less. I'm pretty sure that the "socketed spells have +2% critical chance" doesn't do anything for Redemption Sentries, because they use attacks, not spells[/quote]
Mmm from what kay wrote i understand that raise spectre is a spell so it should apply.
Idk i just finished simulcarum deathless and killed the 2 bosses together in the same wave withought switching gems (the helm have 3w sockets), might be pure luck as well[/quote]

The gems that are linked to your Raise Spectre gem depend on both the Raise Spectre gem itself AND the type of spectre raised. For example, Spell Echo will cause you to raise multiple spectres when you cast Raise Spectre, but it will ALSO make your Slave Driver spectres use Spell Echo for their spells. But if you have Redemption Sentries, your Spell Echo will still work when you cast Raise Spectre (it will raise multiple spectres), but it will be worthless for your Redemption Sentries since they don't use spells. On the other hand, Vicious Projectiles works great for RS, but it doesn't work at all for SD.

Does that make sense? So "socketed spells have +2% critical chance" is compatible with the Raise Spectre gem since it is a spell, and it would help out Slave Drivers a lot since they use spells, but it won't help RS at all because they don't use spells.

I know that PoB shows that the "socketed spells have +% critical chance" gives extra crit and that "socketed attacks have +% critical chance" does not show any difference for RS, but I'm pretty sure that is an error. PoB is not correct on quite a few things actually.

I will say that I could be completely wrong. I'm only basing this on experience with other gems linked to Raise Spectre, so this could be different. But I think it works the same way and I'm willing to bet that PoB is wrong in this case.

[/quote]

I understand your logic here.
if we think as programmers (even though poe have a lot of coding problems and pob even more, so i am uncertain). The gems you link affect the other gems-> that's the case with spell echo but they affect them under certain condition's.
let's take cast when damage taken as example: if you wont take any damage the spell won't work.
so "socketed spells have +% critical chance"-> shouldn't work for attacks, so any attack linked wont benefit from that but raise specter is a spell-> so it shouldn't work here.
i think the loophole here is that let's say vicious projectile is an attack and this mode might increase the critical strike chance when specter are using this attack.
my bet would be that:
"socketed spells have +2% critical chance"- is raising the critical strike chance for sure
and "socketed attacks have +% critical chance"- is raising the critical strike chance at certain conditions when using the socketed attack because of a coding loophole
On a side note, for Redemption Sentries, Projectile Weakness is better than Elemental Weakness as a curse. It takes 155 Dex so it might not work for every build, but if you are running RS and have the required dex, then it will give you slightly better DPS.
"
arikshkol написал:
I understand your logic here.
if we think as programmers (even though poe have a lot of coding problems and pob even more, so i am uncertain). The gems you link affect the other gems-> that's the case with spell echo but they affect them under certain condition's.
let's take cast when damage taken as example: if you wont take any damage the spell won't work.
so "socketed spells have +% critical chance"-> shouldn't work for attacks, so any attack linked wont benefit from that but raise specter is a spell-> so it shouldn't work here.
i think the loophole here is that let's say vicious projectile is an attack and this mode might increase the critical strike chance when specter are using this attack.
my bet would be that:
"socketed spells have +2% critical chance"- is raising the critical strike chance for sure
and "socketed attacks have +% critical chance"- is raising the critical strike chance at certain conditions when using the socketed attack because of a coding loophole
I get what you're saying, and I think that is probably the way it *should* work, but are we sure this works at all?

When I was originally writing this post, I was making assumptions about how the tooltip would read. I figured it would say:

"Minion[']s [Spells] have +2% Critical Strike Chance."

That would match most of the other socketed gem stuff in the tooltip. The bracketed portions would either be there or not depending on if it was specific to spells. I bought a cheap helmet with this affix and that's not how it looks. It reads:

"+2% to Critical Strike Chance"

... with no mention of Minions. And as we all know, if it doesn't specifically mention minions, it doesn't apply to them. So I'm not really sure it works at all.

I think the only way to know for sure (other than GGG saying so) would be to empirically test it. I can think of a way, but it'd be fairly tedious to setup and test.
Скрытый текст
Using an appropriate helmet, plus Assassin's Mark and a source of power charges (maybe apes) and try to permafreeze a multiphase boss with a single redemption sentry/knight. It should be possible at 3 power charges to get 100% chance to crit. 600% from Power Charges plus 6 Vicious Bite and/or Precise Commander notables is a 10x multiplier. 5 base + 2.6 Assassin's Mark + 3% from helmet is 10.6% so that would be 106% chance to crit.

I've noticed that quite a few bosses (basilica's boss for one) can be perma frozen by multiple redemption sentries and that they stop losing health, but won't phase until they're unfrozen. If we knew that the freeze duration was more than a single attack but less than two, we could test if the RS could perma freeze the boss (and thus know that the helmet is adding it's critical strike correctly) So if someone were to be able to test that over a couple minutes we'd know. If it maintains the freeze indefinitely (remember to keep assassin's mark up the whole time) then it works, if the boss unfreezes (and the power charges/curse never fall off) then the elder affix doesn't work
Последняя редакция: ShmooDude. Время: 28 мая 2020 г., 23:07:58
Got pretty lucky and hit this tonight...

Since I hit it, I decided my luck at an Elder/Shaper bone helmet....that was not nearly as lucky of an outcome :)

I had made a herald build but have been eyeing redemption sentries all league.

I don't know what to do with the wand now tbh.
"
wasabexx написал:
On a side note, for Redemption Sentries, Projectile Weakness is better than Elemental Weakness as a curse. It takes 155 Dex so it might not work for every build, but if you are running RS and have the required dex, then it will give you slightly better DPS.
Yes and no. At about 20% cold resistance they're tied. Less than that and Projectile Weakness wins, More and Frostbite/Elemental Weakness wins.

Since Elemental Equilibrium gives -50% resistance, most of the time Projectile Weakness will win assuming EE is applied. So if you're using Curse on Hit then yes Projectile Weakness will likely be better. If on the other hand you're using Blasphemy, Frostbite/Elemental Weakness has an advantage as it's better before EE is applied, which happens quite a bit while clearing.

There's also the elemental resistance map affix. Elemental Weakness will win here.

If you're using crit spectres, there's also Assassin's Mark. DPS is a little lower, but it can provide a higher chance to freeze than even Frostbite if you have enough increased crit chance for your spectres. Projectile Weakness also can't be gotten by other methods (as far as I know) while Elemental Weakness, Frostbite and Assassin's Mark are available on glove corruptions and/or influence ring affixes.

You're right in that PW is better in a lot of situations, but it's not so much better that the others should never be used.

Why does the Spectre/Spider with Redemption Sentries use Power Charge on Critical? The shield already gives 10% power charge on kill to allies so my units always all have 3x power charge, even when not using that gem.

I think it would be better to switch to anythign else... elemental focus, awakened vicious proj, or deathmark. Currently using elemental focus instead of the power charge on crit.

LMK if I'm thinking about it wrong... thanks!
I've uploaded another video. It's probably the last big video for 3.10.

There were a lot of new spectres in 3.10 and many people were excited to try monsters like Thaumaturge or War Maiden. But after a lot of testing, only a small number are actually good. Redemption Sentry and Knight are the big stars. I think hatred aura stacking helped them a lot.

I finished the 40 challenges with Knights and I like them more than Sentries because melee spectres are more fun to play for me. But I wanted to have a look at Enhanced Vaal Fallen again. Especially with double clusters.

I kinda forgot about them because I was using Knights and Sentries most of league. And I actually never made a showcase even though I always recommend them for bossing. I also record a lot of boss kills with them (and never upload anything). So the new video is an EVF bossing showcase! They are still my favourite bossing spectre!

PoE 3.10 - Spectre Showcase: Enhanced Vaal Fallen vs Endgame Bosses

I added the chapters to the video now, so you can jump to different parts of the video easily!

POB is basically the same as Double cluster. Only two gems are different:
1. Arma Brand for EE/CoH
2. Ele Weakness curse

The POB has special editing to show correct Elemental Hit for EVF. But it makes the DPS summary completely wrong! Please read the special notes. It is also in the POB.

Special Notes

Enhanced Vaal Fallen have 100% ele conversion, but POB doesn't know this.
So in the calcs page, POB will shows them as pure phys damage. This is wrong.

I have edited my wand to show 100% conversion for each element:

Minions gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
Minions gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Minions convert 100% of Physical Damage to Cold Damage per Green Socket

So if you look at calcs page, it will show 0 phys damage and some numbers for fire, lightning, cold.

But now you can't use the summary for DPS because it will add all 3 elements togethers.

POB: https://pastebin.com/Man6YSzb
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Последняя редакция: kayella. Время: 29 мая 2020 г., 3:40:16
"
DubyaC написал:

Why does the Spectre/Spider with Redemption Sentries use Power Charge on Critical? The shield already gives 10% power charge on kill to allies so my units always all have 3x power charge, even when not using that gem.

I think it would be better to switch to anythign else... elemental focus, awakened vicious proj, or deathmark. Currently using elemental focus instead of the power charge on crit.

LMK if I'm thinking about it wrong... thanks!

Yes, change the gem. PCoC is from early league and I was trying to increase crit chance, but there are better way to get more damage now.

If yyou want more damage use Vicious Proj or Ele Damage.

Ele Focus stops freeze and chill.
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
ShmooDude написал:
You're right in that PW is better in a lot of situations, but it's not so much better that the others should never be used.

It also depends your gems/jewels.

For my gear, I tested in POB and just changed the curse.

Average damage:
Frostbite = 2.756M
Proj weakness = 2.758M
Asassin's mark = 2.595M (power charge unticked)

The damage is all very close. So use the onee which has good secondary mod.

Frostbite has extra freeze chance.
Proj Weakness has pierce and knockback.
Asassin has power charge on kill.
Последняя редакция: kayella. Время: 29 мая 2020 г., 5:33:00
"
rhapsodieinblue написал:
Got pretty lucky and hit this tonight...

Since I hit it, I decided my luck at an Elder/Shaper bone helmet....that was not nearly as lucky of an outcome :)

I had made a herald build but have been eyeing redemption sentries all league.

I don't know what to do with the wand now tbh.

Keep it and use it! Herald is powerful but kinda boring, so try Redemption Sentry with double cluster before 3.11.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация