[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

Amazing build, I have lots of fun!
Just want to ask if I want to add minion speed gem into herald of agony link, which gem should I drop?
Hello, I posted earlier in this thread in regards to trying to decide which build I should make as a league starter (returning player)

I opted for this build in the end... and well - it is VERY good, I made a few mistakes while levelling. Mainly with the order I did the labs and how I spent the points. (I completed Act 10 before doing merc lab) and I also decided to go for the curses before ES due to having a 6L body armour ready... this was (I think) a mistake as I struggled in some maps etc.

I also managed to get lucky and roll a 6l quill rain using fusings, made a fair bit of currency by selling the "failed" 5l ones which intern fuelled the cost of the fusings needed for the 6link... probably not the best use of my fusing orbs BUT I think I at least broke even, if not slightly in profit by doing this.

So, the build seems to work very well - I spent a few hours in a group in which it worked rather well (they were looking for a cursebot) but it couldn't have been too bad as they invited me back the next day.
I am currently level 87 - but I am having trouble with the map system (keep running out of maps, but this is where I need to learn how to play :p)
My defence is not that great - 6.5k without discipline but I think the main upgrade I need is a good 6L chest, probably wont happen for a long time.
I also vaal'ed my quiver and got added lightning damage which triggers EE which I thought was nice. - however is the crit actually better?

As far as game play goes, it probably is not the most streamlined build as it does feel a little clunky waiting 0.5-2 seconds for the crawler to one shot mobs - it got much better once I started using the regroup minion spell though! (I think this is a must have skill, not only helping with the above issue but also positioning the crawler closer to a boss, or a more efficient location to hit mobs)
Something I'm also not keen on is that the crawler is not as aggressive as I'd like it to be, it only really attacks when I am and when it comes to me kiting/avoiding boss damage he runs after me!

I can see this being a very good "does it all" build which is perfect for a new player and I am glad I followed your guide - however I think I may now have enough currency/items to either perfect (minus the chest) this build or move onto another... which leaves me with a bit of dilemma... this build seems to do all game modes well - so what the hell should I build now which will complement this build?! - maybe I should just try some fun/silly builds :p

Thank you again for the guide <3

Последняя редакция: Nebs. Время: 12 дек. 2018 г., 9:10:32
"
fangfang830617 написал:
Just want to ask if I want to add minion speed gem into herald of agony link, which gem should I drop?

Added Fire Damage I think? You can doublecheck in PoB which gem gives less dps.
"
fangfang830617 написал:

@ fangfang830617

Glad you're having fun !

For putting "Minion Speed" support gem, it depends if you are color-locked on your chest/want to have a sort of alternate setup, or if you want the best possible setup with "Minion Speed".

For the first case, if you follow this build, you are forced to switch with "Minion Damage" support gem.

For the second case, I would then drop "Vicious Projectiles" support gem : least DPS of all the listed support gems and lowers as well the attack speed of the Crawler, so less Quality of Life.

Enjoy the build !
"
Nebs написал:
Скрытый текст
Hello, I posted earlier in this thread in regards to trying to decide which build I should make as a league starter (returning player)

I opted for this build in the end... and well - it is VERY good, I made a few mistakes while levelling. Mainly with the order I did the labs and how I spent the points. (I completed Act 10 before doing merc lab) and I also decided to go for the curses before ES due to having a 6L body armour ready... this was (I think) a mistake as I struggled in some maps etc.

I also managed to get lucky and roll a 6l quill rain using fusings, made a fair bit of currency by selling the "failed" 5l ones which intern fuelled the cost of the fusings needed for the 6link... probably not the best use of my fusing orbs BUT I think I at least broke even, if not slightly in profit by doing this.

So, the build seems to work very well - I spent a few hours in a group in which it worked rather well (they were looking for a cursebot) but it couldn't have been too bad as they invited me back the next day.
I am currently level 87 - but I am having trouble with the map system (keep running out of maps, but this is where I need to learn how to play :p)
My defence is not that great - 6.5k without discipline but I think the main upgrade I need is a good 6L chest, probably wont happen for a long time.
I also vaal'ed my quiver and got added lightning damage which triggers EE which I thought was nice.

As far as game play goes, it probably is not the most streamlined build as it does feel a little clunky waiting 0.5-2 seconds for the crawler to one shot mobs - it got much better once I started using the regroup minion spell though! (I think this is a must have skill, not only helping with the above issue but also positioning the crawler closer to a boss, or a more efficient location to hit mobs)
Something I'm also not keen on is that the crawler is not as aggressive as I'd like it to be, it only really attacks when I am and when it comes to me kiting/avoiding boss damage he runs after me!

I can see this being a very good "does it all" build which is perfect for a new player and I am glad I followed your guide - however I think I may now have enough currency/items to either perfect (minus the chest) this build or move onto another... which leaves me with a bit of dilemma... this build seems to do all game modes well - so what the hell should I build now which will complement this build?! - maybe I should just try some fun/silly builds :p

Thank you again for the guide <3

@ Nebs

Thank you very much for your detailed review and best of luck in your next steps (either as this build or another !).

If you continue this build and find some improvements, be sure to come back to tell about them !
-For the people struggling to get a 6link quill rain:
The divine card "the porcupine" gives a 6link short bow -> quill rain is the only unique short bow. You can try with orb of chances and scourings to get one.

-Ive tried out the jewel suggested "the golden rule" and i really like it. The virulence stacks stack way faster - Or it was just placebo :P

With the self applied poison i thought maybe Apeps Plumber(more energy shield regen when poisoned) combined with a scourge(more minion damage) + shaped gloves with poison support will do work, but I failed miserably :D The only skill i found to work was ball of lightning and this still felt really bad compared to original rain of arrows + u got one curse less. I just like experementing ;D

-Personally i think selfcasting phase run is better than in a cwdt-setup. Just feels better to me.
"
Trigorz написал:
Great build! Having a lot of fun with this. Just wanted to comment on here as I tested out this jewel a bit and it seems to be giving me weird problems with my energy shield regen while i'm using it! Would like to hear what experiences you have when you test it. It is really good at stacking the buff on the boss though..

I only tried it for a few maps, but I had no trouble with ES recharge... Since we're CI, poison deals no damage, so there shouldn't be any issue. Maybe it was bleeding/ignite or something?

@2letterz: It's a great thing that you're experimenting! :D The idea was good, but I came to the same conclusion when I tried using a spirit shield and ball lightning, I prefer this playstyle. But keep experimenting, maybe you'll think of something I didn't think of! :)
"
Vatinas написал:
"
Trigorz написал:
Great build! Having a lot of fun with this. Just wanted to comment on here as I tested out this jewel a bit and it seems to be giving me weird problems with my energy shield regen while i'm using it! Would like to hear what experiences you have when you test it. It is really good at stacking the buff on the boss though..

I only tried it for a few maps, but I had no trouble with ES recharge... Since we're CI, poison deals no damage, so there shouldn't be any issue. Maybe it was bleeding/ignite or something?

@2letterz: It's a great thing that you're experimenting! :D The idea was good, but I came to the same conclusion when I tried using a spirit shield and ball lightning, I prefer this playstyle. But keep experimenting, maybe you'll think of something I didn't think of! :)

Haha I edited my post right before you replied. I ended up killing shaper a bunch of times with the jewel.. It's amazing for bosses. :)

It probably was bleeding that was killing me.
I am wondering if anyone has tinkered around with the new Spiritual Aid node. If nothing else the minion attack speed before it seems pretty good, but I am curious about how spiritual aid works itself. If the buffs the Herald gets from Virulence are transferred to you with the new node it would be pretty incredible. It might make our rain of arrows/poison do a non-negligible amount of damage too. Thoughts?
"
papabadge написал:
I am wondering if anyone has tinkered around with the new Spiritual Aid node. If nothing else the minion attack speed before it seems pretty good, but I am curious about how spiritual aid works itself. If the buffs the Herald gets from Virulence are transferred to you with the new node it would be pretty incredible. It might make our rain of arrows/poison do a non-negligible amount of damage too. Thoughts?

We already take Spiritual Aid in this build, and the Virulence stacks only affect HoA.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация