[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

"
biaXamseng написал:
Hi, you can put your bane/totem/cwdt combo in any of the two as the Cane of Unravelling benefits all equipped chaos gems, not just the socketed ones.

I have bane setup in my weapon, totem/cwdt setups are in my boots/gloves/helmet.
So chest is still untouched
Последняя редакция: Rihmis. Время: 8 апр. 2020 г., 14:46:26
"
ohnpeat написал:
"
MisterTorgue написал:
is this build good for bossing when you put some $$ behind it?

This is a "throw spells and then hide" build so it can be a bit slow but you do get to watch bosses throwing all manner of shit at you whilst they slowly die (they even die AFTER you do, sometimes) :)

"
MisterTorgue написал:
Also I see a lot of people moan about bane, what is the problem with it?

I can't really tell you what other people's problems might be - if their moans aren't telling you that, I think you can safely ignore them tho...

Put simply, Bane applies Chaos damage-over-time to enemies in an area from range - it scales on gem level - like every Chaos skill - and likes Curses and Wither Totems - like every Chaos skill...

ED is a good complimentary skill which fires a projectile applying a 2nd DoT of similar damage - this chews-down bosses twice-as-fast (and gives you something to do other than running around like an idiot :) )

Some people only use ED and Contagion (which spreads the ED DoT) but I find the casting of ED a bit of a chore in maps - Bane is your ezmode version really...

After reading your posts and seeing your setup, i changed a bit of mine, starting with Anatomical Knowledge Cobalt Jewel and adding Discipline to the Diadem. I have also focused the usage of medium and small cluster jewels on defence, mainly ES & flask effects.

I think your setup is great. Thanks for sharing!
"
Rihmis написал:
"
biaXamseng написал:
Hi, you can put your bane/totem/cwdt combo in any of the two as the Cane of Unravelling benefits all equipped chaos gems, not just the socketed ones.

I have bane setup in my weapon, totem/cwdt setups are in my boots/gloves/helmet.
So chest is still untouched

Perhaps another totem setup? If not decoy then maybe soul rend totem? Never tried that. It's a luxury. :) Alternatively you can have flame dash + second wind.
Hmm, any suggestions for annointment?
"
Rihmis написал:

Constitution? Bloodless? Profane Chemistry?
"
biaXamseng написал:
"
Rihmis написал:

Constitution? Bloodless? Profane Chemistry?

I wanted to be different and went with "Sanctify". I was going with "Bloodless" but golden oil is pretty expensive....nearly 100chaos.

Now im trying to find jewels with maximum life and chaos dmg etc.
Have not seen single one yet...
Последняя редакция: Rihmis. Время: 9 апр. 2020 г., 10:30:57
Well, the build is ok during maps against packs, but I really wonder if it is supposed to be this terrible at bosses. Either that or I'm doing something wrong I guess.

The 4th encounter against Drox I had to call in one of my guild mates because it took me 2 min to kill just one of the damn banners he puts down, which he would just instantly place back.

I got Sirus down to maybe 25% HP, but then died a final time.

What am I missing? I'm wondering how I'm supposed to do all content?
"
biaXamseng написал:
I think your setup is great. Thanks for sharing!

I can't take much credit - my setup is a mix of stuff in this thread, MBX's "Bane Pop Occultist" builds and some poe.ninja build browsing...

The thing which stops me getting into Cluster jewels is that I have to sacrifice life (the only way to get enough points back) and there's very-little-or-no life available on Cluster Jewels to balance that??

Realistically I'd need 12-14 points to make use of a Cluster Jewel properly and I've not found the combo which really sells it - at least not yet...
"
Atom4geVampire написал:
What am I missing? I'm wondering how I'm supposed to do all content?

For bosses, I switch from wand/shield to staff (6l ED) and my strat. is

Wither Totem, Bane, ED - run around for 3s (Wither time - Bane and ED last 9-11 seconds) - repeat until it dies

Sirus is a shitfest tho - it's not a damage fight, it's a "don't get hit" fight surely?

I will admit - my nemesis are the 2 'Delirium' bosses - they are stupidly hard to kill even when you run away from them :)

p.s. I threw your build into PoB and you're seriously down om Bane damage - it puts you around 230Kdps (I have 576K like-for-like) and that's entirely down to your Bane "just" being Level 20.

Seek +gem levels on Wand and Shield, Corrupt the gem to 21, Body Armour offers 1-5 gem levels (depending on your budget) and then Empower replaces Void Manipulation (not before Gem level 23/24/25ish) for even more dmg...

Also - use Wither Totems as they're super effective for single-targets - they also tease Sirus around which can be handy - things even attack them!
Последняя редакция: ohnpeat. Время: 9 апр. 2020 г., 21:21:05
OK - I know this is silly but I had to try it.

I really wanted a CWDT setup which wasn't in a weapon but I had

Helm - 4 Auras
Chest - Bane
Hands - 3 Curses and Flamedash
Feet - Wither Totem

So I wasted some currency and fed a Hungry Loop a Spell Totem, Multiple Totems, Increased Duration and Faster Casting supports - slotting in Wither to finish it

The problem is, a ring is a good source of res and life - res I've managed to fix (well - I'm 1pt of Lightning short!) but I'm down 400+ life and that's noticeable (deaths!!)

It's an option tho - if you have 25-30c to buy 4 Level 19.9 jewels and a ring - but I'd just made 5K life (7.1K with Mom) and that was comfy...
Последняя редакция: ohnpeat. Время: 9 апр. 2020 г., 21:22:41

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация