[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

Did this for my first chaos spell build and was underwhelmed by the build to be honest.

I threw about 20ex at the build with a bit of min maxing and found it lacking both a decent defensive aspect and found the single target to be very average compared to other builds.

I used some chaos clusters and got extra chaos damage on all my rings to try help but it simply just wasn't that good. The whole curse aspect of the ascendency in combination with vixens just doesn't do that much really IMO and even less against unique bosses due to curse effectiveness reduction. You don't get the extra chaos damage from Malediction as it converts non chaos to extra chaos and we are a full chaos build so its almost a complete waste besides the 10% extra damage from Malediction.

I had 6L ED with all awakened gems doing about 2.5mdps and bane doing about 2mdps and it just felt so slow on top tier content. I was on almost 7kEHP but found having to stop and cast curses that don't do flat damage but do a DOT, a risky play style esp in juiced maps.

Don't get me wrong I cleared all content, UE, A8 and all maps ect but feel there are much better builds out there.

Clear Speed: 3/5
Single Target: 2.5/5
Survivability: 3/5
Fun: 3/5

In the wise words of comrade Dyatlov… "Not great but not terrible"
"
MajorSadist написал:
I threw about 20ex at the build with a bit of min maxing and found it lacking both a decent defensive aspect and found the single target to be very average compared to other builds.
Your way of building the character is kinda weird, if you went lowlife with shavs why didn't you ditch all the life nodes and spec ES nodes instead?

Why determination and not let's say zealotry for extra damage? I don't think ES builds have much armor anyway?

Why chayula neck on occultist? I'd ditch malediction, spec whispers of doom on the tree instead, pick vile bastion for no stun, and get neck with +1 int / chaos gems and chaos multi, chayula has 0 damage and is mostly good for stun immune.

Also wouldn't it be better to swap cane to bow and soul strike quiver for more ES?

Последняя редакция: Viktranka. Время: 13 мая 2020 г., 23:54:35
Hi guys I am having trouble with bossing and going past wave 13 of simulacrum, anyone have suggestions on getting stronger?
My POB is here: https://pastebin.com/wnvr4xTx
@etemza123

I'd swap that chest for something that has a lot of life, infernal mantle doesn't seem to provide much useful bonuses for bane so it's basically a slightly better tabula for you. 3,5k life is kinda low, you need to get more.

Rings, belt, shield should all have life rolls on them, also your pob shows to me you aren't resist capped, only 60%, so you should buy rare items with enough resists to be capped. If by any chance you picked Alira, don't, it's only good for crit builds, cap resists otherwise and respec to 2 passive points (just saying as pob doesn't show it).

For damage imo you should aim to buy a wand with +1 to chaos spells and neck with +1 to chaos or intelligence skills.

You have too many curses on gloves, you can have 1 curse baseline, 1 from vixens and 1 from malediction, that's 3. I'll throw away that assassin's mark as again bane doesn't benefit much from crit and probably try to spec whispers of doom so your other curses are all applied. Atm it says your despair isn't even applied and that's about 1/3rd of your damage gone. You could also consider windshriek boots instead of kaoms if you really want an extra curse but imo it's not really needed (I'd use warlord's mark instead of assassin's in that case).

I wouldn't also use arctic armor because half of its buffs don't work when you move and with bane you can cast and run a lot. I'd use flesh & stone it also helps to take less damage for the same 25% mana and no requirement to stand still.

Also I think touch of cruelty (on your cluster) is not very good on bane spec because bane doesn't "hit" at any point of its dealing damage (it's a debuff that deals damage over time, but it doesn't count as hit so that's why it also cannot crit).

I would probably aim to reroll that jewel to something with Wicked Pall, Unwaveringly Evil, Unholy Grace or Dark Ideation.

Another thing is the jewel you have below MOM, it's basically a 1 useful mod gem, imo it's not worth picking jewel slots unless you have a good jewel in mind to socket in it. Either buy one with life and damage mod (or 2), or I'd just spec into something that works independent of items. Like prodigal perfection or arcane swiftness.

I'm not sure if you get much benefit from arcane will either, if you wanted more energy shield I'd pick unnatural calm instead.

Same thing with abyssal jewel in your belt, either buy one that has more than 1 useful mod, or you'd just get more benefit from buying a normal leather belt otherwise with high life / resists.

You don't have any anointment on amulet, there's some good stuff you can get for cheap, for example aforementioned prodigal perfection, arcane guarding, etc. You can also anoint something that will give you life or resists but life nodes usually need the higher ranks of oils. Keep in mind you can only anoint nodes you don't already have specced otherwise they're wasted (you can't get them twice).

You also have 2 flasks "of warding", not sure why. Can't remember if Kaom roots protect you from freeze, if no, you should take flask "of heat", if yes, I'd probably go for "of grounding" (for shock) or "of dousing" (for ignite) to remove some other debuffs. Also keep in mind your flask "of reflexes" doesn't do anything because kaom roots disables all evasion. So you should roll a different affix.
@Viktranka

Thanks so much! I did not realise that there was a curse limit, working towards the rest of the points you mentioned!
Thanks for build. Was started from here, but in end game hp version have some damage problems for me. Low life is much better and not expensive choice.It's not my build, but it's nice.
Who need, here my PoB: https://pastebin.com/SDcYp7hd
P.s. I don't recommend maps with hight critical monster damage mods.
I'm running with this setup, and it runs like an absolute dream. Smooth as butter, clears great and good enough boss damage. Killed most bosses and farms T16 and simulacrum reliably.

https://pastebin.com/eDNXpsvA

Just something i threw togetter with about 10-15 ex inspired of poe.ninja. Would love some feedback if someone is up for it.
Just started playing this build. The skill tree in the POB link appears to be completely different from the ones you link to under Leveling and Skill Trees. I assume the one in the POB is bogus?
LOVE THIS BUILD!!

I finally got my lvl 90 Hardcore achievement with this build, and I still haven't done Uber lab for Withering Presence. It's point-and-click to drop a death zone as far as I can cast. Just awesome. Packs simply vanish in a puff of purple explode.

I wish I had a lot of physical damage reduction armor instead of evasion, but I got the gear I could get. I use Contagion just to "dot the i" when I'm fighting a boss, for a little extra damage. I used to shoot an Essence Drain at bosses for the extra damage, but I didn't like having to stop and shoot at the boss. Of course, Wither Totem helps melt boss faces.

Taking Mind Drinker was REALLY valuable, as it allows me to spam my curse button. I'd highly recommend Mind Drinker.

I went with Vixen's Entrapment and Windscream, so I can deliver Bane, Despair, Poacher's Mark, Temporal Chains and Enfeeble all at once.

Here's my Occultist, https://pastebin.com/qMfjH7YU

THANK YOU and cheers for a great build.
"
Did this for my first chaos spell build and was underwhelmed by the build to be honest.

I used some chaos clusters and got extra chaos damage on all my rings to try help but it simply just wasn't that good. The whole curse aspect of the ascendency in combination with vixens just doesn't do that much really IMO and even less against unique bosses due to curse effectiveness reduction. You don't get the extra chaos damage from Malediction as it converts non chaos to extra chaos and we are a full chaos build so its almost a complete waste besides the 10% extra damage from Malediction.

I had 6L ED with all awakened gems doing about 2.5mdps and bane doing about 2mdps and it just felt so slow on top tier content. I was on almost 7kEHP but found having to stop and cast curses that don't do flat damage but do a DOT, a risky play style esp in juiced maps.

Don't get me wrong I cleared all content, UE, A8 and all maps ect but feel there are much better builds out there.

Clear Speed: 3/5
Single Target: 2.5/5
Survivability: 3/5
Fun: 3/5

In the wise words of comrade Dyatlov… "Not great but not terrible"

I hope you are not comparing it to your herald stacking guardian. One-league, broken meta builds will always be better than anything else

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация