[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

I'm slowly rebuilding my failed Reaper starter (as she is not really usefull in endgame now) to spiders. iAnd man, that spider recast, thats a true hell for my old fingers. So far i'm using Desecrate - Cast While Channeling - Divine Ire, because thats the way i can kill them first for sure. I've just swaped today, really need to practice this more... :-)
Hey Inkira, thanks for the build o/

I'm looking to add cluster jewels to my build, but I was wondering if you were taking the call to the slaughter node, as 4s uptime out of 30 for our spiders doesn't seem that good to me.

Otherwise, the build's going great for me, the summoning process is a bit clunky but it gets easier.
"
Inkira написал:

"
hipposcottamus написал:
I see some people on poeninja going all in on cold conversion. And also quite a few using ancient skull helmet. Wouldn't converting 100% to cold waste the built in poison of the spiders?

Cold is strictly worse.

To be fair, doing some cold scaling (using Hatred/Grip of the Council) is much better against anything that is alive for less than your spiders' poison duration (about 10 seconds), provides additional defensive mechanics (chill and freeze) and has the benefit of being a good scaling mechanism for secondary minions if you choose to use them. For example if you're using a Speaker's Wreath setup (with, say, spectres with innate cold conversion), you gain access to automatic spider summoning as well as recovery of life from Cold-Blooded Killer cluster jewels.

I agree that scaling on chaos/dots is the way to go if the spiders are your sole damaging minions and you're mostly interested in your damage against bosses with phases that last more than 10 seconds. Which is perhaps what this particular thread is mostly focused on. But I would encourage people to experiment with different setups in PoB according to what their goals are and what minions they are using rather than automatically assuming that one scaling setup is strictly superior to any other.

EDIT: I should probably try to be helpful and actually answer the original question rather than going off on a tangent about different builds lol. You can't convert the spiders to 100% cold because the skill they use to attack (viper strike) has innate 60% physical to chaos conversion. It doesn't matter if you have e.g. 4G Triad Grip, you would still only convert 40% of the base physical damage to cold in that instance.
Последняя редакция: cdnza. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 13:49:16
Hey im enjoying the build so far. My main issue is I die a fair bit, compared to other summoner builds and im not exactly sure what im doing wrong.

Here is my PoB. https://pastebin.com/xVzLEw02

Also why are we using blood of the Karui? It seems a bit slow for the main times I die it happens really fast. I feel like I would rather two instant flasks instead, but interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers
Последняя редакция: Sorry1990. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 20:08:36
"
Sorry1990 написал:

Also why are we using blood of the Karui? It seems a bit slow for the main times I die it happens really fast. I feel like I would rather two instant flasks instead, but interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

To be honest, i think life flask are waste of flask slot now. I'm using this:

It is instant auto heal, faster then anything that i can do manually, and with just normal chaos resist cap i can overregen the followup degen...
So I have been wanting to give Arakaali's a go for a while, and now with everything else getting a big fat nerf while they buffed poison, it seems to be a good time to finally do that.

So, any honest opinions on this version and the Guardian version with HoP?

I mean, I know the spiders handle clear without problems for both versions. But the single target on this looks pretty slow after having watched the Maven fight. And that was with very decent gear, not to mention the DPS from Envy falls away because that Aul's does not exist yet in trade.

Does the Guardian version with HoP do anything to make that better? Or is it mostly QoL with stuff like perma Onslaught and better defense?

Usually it would be obvious from the PoB's, but these builds make it hella difficult to get a good comparison via just that.

So any insight from someone who has played the build, or maybe even tried both, would be sweet.
Последняя редакция: Mecielle. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 23:28:16
"
Mecielle написал:
So I have been wanting to give Arakaali's a go for a while, and now with everything else getting a big fat nerf while they buffed poison, it seems to be a good time to finally do that.

I mean, I know the spiders handle clear without problems for both versions. But the single target on this looks pretty slow after having watched the Maven fight. And that was with very decent gear, not to mention the DPS from Envy falls away because that Aul's does not exist yet in trade.

Does the Guardian version with HoP do anything to make that better? Or is it mostly QoL with stuff like perma Onslaught and better defense?

Usually it would be obvious from the PoB's, but these builds make it hella difficult to get a good comparison via just that.

So any insight from someone who has played the build, or maybe even tried both, would be sweet.

Honestly a big factor is that Necromancer gets extra minion duration/skill effect duration, which is pretty significant because it might mean not having to awkwardly resummon spiders during a boss. Both ascendancies (and actually Occultist too IMO) bring different things to the table. The popular approach to spiders on guardian (memory vault/aegis aurora with their radiant faith ascendancy node) is still as good as its ever been. You also get to ignore map curses now.

IMHO if you're leveling a new character expressly to mess around with the dagger, a big benefit of necro is that if you end up not liking the dagger mechanics you can easily switch to a lot of other minion builds without needing to spend too many regrets.
Последняя редакция: cdnza. Время: 31 июля 2021 г., 23:40:27
pog guide sir i was looking for that, tyvm :D
aizen
"
cdnza написал:
"
Mecielle написал:

Honestly a big factor is that Necromancer gets extra minion duration/skill effect duration, which is pretty significant because it might mean not having to awkwardly resummon spiders during a boss. Both ascendancies (and actually Occultist too IMO) bring different things to the table. The popular approach to spiders on guardian (memory vault/aegis aurora with their radiant faith ascendancy node) is still as good as its ever been. You also get to ignore map curses now.

IMHO if you're leveling a new character expressly to mess around with the dagger, a big benefit of necro is that if you end up not liking the dagger mechanics you can easily switch to a lot of other minion builds without needing to spend too many regrets.

Thanks, that all makes sense, especially the point about duration. Also had a deeper look at the Guardian versions and it seems like they are even lower on DPS. And with this version having pretty solid EHP and since I play SC anyways, I will go with Necro.

Now just to figure out the best way to level. Probably SRS Minion Instability I guess.
Последняя редакция: Mecielle. Время: 1 авг. 2021 г., 0:31:56
I leveled Minion SRS instability until 89 but I could of swapped much sooner I just didnt have the currency. This build is way better than the SRS one I was playing, but I die a little bit more because im not block capped.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация