[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
Xitomzz написал:

I don't understand what is going on with this build... I dunno if some of you guys just didn't take it to T16 and say its good or im doing something wrong...
I've transitioned from another character to this one, so its only lvl88, but i can't freakin' level because every map i get one shot 1 or 2 times. I really dont get it, i have almost min/max items (except the zealotry amulet), i've spent more than 80 exalts, and yet i get demolished randomly and i can't kill bosses comfortably...

I wanna say that the build has BIG mana problems, i've tried everything the guide says and the only thing that works is using the mana flask... Everything else makes you run out of mana vs bosses or randomly in the map.

Im really mad, so sorry if i offended anyone.

Not offended, this is a complicated build. :)

For me I have 14% of damage taken gained as mana (7% on each ring with Fertile Catalysts) as well as the 70% mana regen if you've cast a spell recently enchant for my boots. This was enough for me to sustain mana in all situations (using the mana flask for no regen maps).

If you're trying the clarity Watcher's Eye for mana, you need to have clarity in sockets and in use (instead of precision for example)

As for tankiness, Charging Offensive anoint gives Endurance Charges which helps with phys mitigation. ES on hit Watcher's Eye is great for recovery of course if you can solve the mana issue. Having both mods on one jewel would be really good of course.

Using a crit implicit staff is a big loss for block. You might try dropping the leash of oblation and block nodes and go for maximum eHP and rely on the really powerful recovery mechanics the build has instead. The Offering Effect from your chest will give you an extra 400-500ES as both MAX and Recovery.

Cinderswallow flask is also good for damage and life/es recovery while mapping. You can also get a Scold's with fire damage leeched as life corruption for consistent life recovery should you need it.

If you do drop the Leash you can swap the bone offering for another CWDT setup.

These are just a few ideas. Hope this helps!
From my own perspective on the mana issue, I started with a corrupted 16% damage taken gained as mana Watcher's Eye and it was NOT enough to sustain my mana by itself on the 7L. I had to use the ring craft to add another 6% to get by. (Of course you can always just use a mana pot, but I didn't want to.)

I found 20% (the max roll on the Watcher's Eye) to be sufficient. Maybe it's possible that with Leash of Oblation you're consuming more corpses and don't have enough corpses to regen as much mana with Essence Glutton? I don't know.

The build was super smooth for me. Finished everything in the game before getting the expensive pieces of gear and once I got the expensive pieces it insta-kills everything because of the power of the frontloaded damage. The only bad part for me was that leveling with self cast desecrate/volatile dead felt really crummy. It was not the fastest and it was obnoxious.

I was trying to come up with a Scold's build for the new blade skills and Animate Weapon, but it looks like they might lower the number of weapons enough that casting it yourself will be possible. Animate Weapon necro might be a fun choice next league if the damage is there.
"
DiabloImmoral написал:
From my own perspective on the mana issue, I started with a corrupted 16% damage taken gained as mana Watcher's Eye and it was NOT enough to sustain my mana by itself on the 7L. I had to use the ring craft to add another 6% to get by. (Of course you can always just use a mana pot, but I didn't want to.)

I found 20% (the max roll on the Watcher's Eye) to be sufficient. Maybe it's possible that with Leash of Oblation you're consuming more corpses and don't have enough corpses to regen as much mana with Essence Glutton? I don't know.

The build was super smooth for me. Finished everything in the game before getting the expensive pieces of gear and once I got the expensive pieces it insta-kills everything because of the power of the frontloaded damage. The only bad part for me was that leveling with self cast desecrate/volatile dead felt really crummy. It was not the fastest and it was obnoxious.

I was trying to come up with a Scold's build for the new blade skills and Animate Weapon, but it looks like they might lower the number of weapons enough that casting it yourself will be possible. Animate Weapon necro might be a fun choice next league if the damage is there.

Spoiler: I'm already in brew-town for the new blade skills with Scold's. 100% expect to see a guide outta me in the first few days of delirium. Part of that may include just to have Animate Weapon on a fully leveled CWDT to act as meatshields. Like, CWDT - Animate Weapon - meatshield - Golem or something along those lines.

The idea of course in general is going to be to link up all the blade skills on CWDT and either use CoC or CWC to trigger blade blast.
The best part? It'll be really easy to change between skills if it's a flop as the trees are not going to be too different from the VD one.

some preliminary links:

CWDT - Desecrate - (Awakened) Spell Cascade - Bladefall
CWDT - Blade Vortex - Ethereal Knives - Spirit offering - 5L Curse - 6L Culling Strike
Herald of Ash - Discipline - Hatred - Enlighten
CWDT(leveled) - Animate Weapon - Meatshield - Golem/Bone Offering(Leash Users)/Free slot

For Blade Blast itself:
Blade Blast - CoC - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect - Hypothermia - Second Spell (Bladefall most likely) - Empower in crafted rare sword

or

Blade Blast - CWC - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect - Hypothermia - Added Fire Damage/Empower

Something like that anyways. If spell cascade works with Blade blast then that'll be used in the main links with Bladefall. Awakened Increased AOE could be used as well. Arctic Breath on CWDT can be used to apply consistent chill for hypothermia as well. Will be testing etc...
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 28 февр. 2020 г., 0:52:52
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Xitomzz написал:

I don't understand what is going on with this build... I dunno if some of you guys just didn't take it to T16 and say its good or im doing something wrong...
I've transitioned from another character to this one, so its only lvl88, but i can't freakin' level because every map i get one shot 1 or 2 times. I really dont get it, i have almost min/max items (except the zealotry amulet), i've spent more than 80 exalts, and yet i get demolished randomly and i can't kill bosses comfortably...

I wanna say that the build has BIG mana problems, i've tried everything the guide says and the only thing that works is using the mana flask... Everything else makes you run out of mana vs bosses or randomly in the map.

For me I have 14% of damage taken gained as mana (7% on each ring with Fertile Catalysts) as well as the 70% mana regen if you've cast a spell recently enchant for my boots. This was enough for me to sustain mana in all situations (using the mana flask for no regen maps).

If you're trying the clarity Watcher's Eye for mana, you need to have clarity in sockets and in use (instead of precision for example)

As for tankiness, Charging Offensive anoint gives Endurance Charges which helps with phys mitigation. ES on hit Watcher's Eye is great for recovery of course if you can solve the mana issue. Having both mods on one jewel would be really good of course.

Using a crit implicit staff is a big loss for block. You might try dropping the leash of oblation and block nodes and go for maximum eHP and rely on the really powerful recovery mechanics the build has instead. The Offering Effect from your chest will give you an extra 400-500ES as both MAX and Recovery.

Cinderswallow flask is also good for damage and life/es recovery while mapping. You can also get a Scold's with fire damage leeched as life corruption for consistent life recovery should you need it.

Tried the jewel with clarity, didn't work for mana either, even tho it has 18% as the mana roll.
Tried Charging Offensive, still get randomly 1shot for no reason, i do a lot of damage, but i randomly get oneshot and that gets me fuming. Tried another belt without offering, same outcome (or even worse) mana doesen't sustain but i get killed more. Tried cinderswallow flask, didn't change a thing either. Didn't try corruptions because they are a shit load of currency, and i've spent my whole budget on this (around 80-85 ex). I have to drop it, i don't see the point on playing an 80+ ex build to get 1shot in T15-16. I admit the damage is insane, but that's it, atleast in my experience.

The guide was well written and everything (even tho it's difficult by itself) was easy to understand and made more simple, so i wouldn't say it was Gryphen's issue, because its not.

I wouldn't say this is budget or close to budget, obviously i went for the super expensive stuff, but there are many pieces that are pretty much required other than the gloves and helmet.

Have a good league next one guys, and have a great day, as i said last post im not here to offend anyone and y apologise if i did.
"
Gryphenprey написал:

Spoiler: I'm already in brew-town for the new blade skills with Scold's. 100% expect to see a guide outta me in the first few days of delirium. Part of that may include just to have Animate Weapon on a fully leveled CWDT to act as meatshields. Like, CWDT - Animate Weapon - meatshield - Golem or something along those lines.

The idea of course in general is going to be to link up all the blade skills on CWDT and either use CoC or CWC to trigger blade blast.
The best part? It'll be really easy to change between skills if it's a flop as the trees are not going to be too different from the VD one.

some preliminary links:

CWDT - Blade Vortex - Ethereal Knives - Spirit offering - 5L Curse - 6L Culling Strike
CWDT(leveled) - Animate Weapon - Meatshield - Golem/Bone Offering(Leash Users)/Free slot

For Blade Blast itself:
Blade Blast - CoC - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect - Hypothermia - Second Spell (Bladefall most likely) - Empower in crafted rare sword

or

Blade Blast - CWC - Controlled Destruction - Conc Effect - Hypothermia - Added Fire Damage/Empower

Something like that anyways. If spell cascade works with Blade blast then that'll be used in the main links with Bladefall. Awakened Increased AOE could be used as well. Arctic Breath on CWDT can be used to apply consistent chill for hypothermia as well. Will be testing etc...

Looking forward to it! There might be something possible with a bow Cast on Crit with Asenath's Chant too.
"
DiabloImmoral написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:

some preliminary links:

For Blade Blast itself:

or

Looking forward to it! There might be something possible with a bow Cast on Crit with Asenath's Chant too.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. I like the mobility of cyclone and Scold's is a lot spammier with spells which means more blade blast chains. Will need to see if blade skill levels will matter for the blade blast chains or not.

Asenath's chant is probably better suited on an Assassin build.
Скрытый текст
"

some preliminary links:

For Blade Blast itself:

or

And Disintegrator for tons of Flat Phys DMG. Or Cold Iron Point daggers(no AW /6lcwdt). Should be fun as hell. I guess this will be my starter build for Delirium XD
Hey to all,

I´m loving this build, will be for sure my starting build,

Seeing some comments that we get one shot or mana issue, yes indeed if we don't have our build tuned enough,

I have only a watchers with 20% mana taken and is enough,
My rings I went for other rolls,

This build is very tank but with mesomorphs or any other mods there isn't miracles,
Still, in the overall it´s very balanced.

The one thing I think is a must is the unearth,
Well for some perhaps not but for me yes, to be more stable in terms of survival,
Not saying that we will die without,
Not using I would recommend spectres and the ones that the templar use or some with the bubbles around,

The next league I seeing that this build will shine,
Volatile dead or blade fall,
If gryph places here an alternative with bladefall I will try for sure,

The thing with this build is that there many possibilities and everyone can add always something,

Ty in advance,

Great build, but finished for the league.

Selling the whole set if anyone is interested (character: qwertz_meta)
- post can be found via profile -> recent posts.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Последняя редакция: qwertz. Время: 29 февр. 2020 г., 6:57:25
"
Xitomzz написал:
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Xitomzz написал:

Tried the jewel with clarity, didn't work for mana either, even tho it has 18% as the mana roll.
Tried Charging Offensive, still get randomly 1shot for no reason, i do a lot of damage, but i randomly get oneshot and that gets me fuming. Tried another belt without offering, same outcome (or even worse) mana doesen't sustain but i get killed more. Tried cinderswallow flask, didn't change a thing either. Didn't try corruptions because they are a shit load of currency, and i've spent my whole budget on this (around 80-85 ex). I have to drop it, i don't see the point on playing an 80+ ex build to get 1shot in T15-16. I admit the damage is insane, but that's it, atleast in my experience.

The guide was well written and everything (even tho it's difficult by itself) was easy to understand and made more simple, so i wouldn't say it was Gryphen's issue, because its not.

I wouldn't say this is budget or close to budget, obviously i went for the super expensive stuff, but there are many pieces that are pretty much required other than the gloves and helmet.

Have a good league next one guys, and have a great day, as i said last post im not here to offend anyone and y apologise if i did.

I would assume it was leash causing most of your mana issues. Honestly at that gear level you shouldn't be using it at all.

It's like people don't read the guide, this is build with multiple variances and you are supposed to take the path that works for you, experiment and find out what you need to make it work.
Последняя редакция: Mistwalker. Время: 29 февр. 2020 г., 9:16:39

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация