[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

"
jonburroughs написал:
Gryph,

Having a few issues. Can you take a look at my build? I cant seem to get Spirit Offering and Bone Offering to work as you described. My order looks correct, but I'm taking unmitigated damage and not recharging my ES like with Spirit Offering alone.

Also, I cant fill up my ES using the Soul Tether. I get about halfway full, then start taking big chunk damage and just about kill myself.

Thanks!

I found that if your total ES is less than what Spirit Offering grants as its buff it'll actually end up damaging you when it otherwise wouldn't. This feels like a bug but it seems having enough ES will offset this and give the appropriate heals.

For me Spirit Offering grants 1,304 ES and when I have 1.4k ES I break even. (I had to spec out of all sources of ES regen to test this).

If you are having trouble getting it to work with bone offering, then for the time being drop Bone Offering. For me when I originally tried it, it just worked and I didn't have to go through all the rigamarole of figuring it out.
Can it be that the arcane surge mode is super rare. Im now 1400 alterations in and hevent seen it once. Is there maybe a fossil that can inrcrease the chances?
"
Feanturo написал:
Can it be that the arcane surge mode is super rare. Im now 1400 alterations in and hevent seen it once. Is there maybe a fossil that can inrcrease the chances?

It is fairly rare, yes. Took me about 1200 to hit it the first time. If you are on a bit of a budget I would try to buy a decent one with Arcane+Double damage first and 6L it yourself. This tends to be cheaper/easier to do especially if you are unlucky with annuls as the beasts are quite expensive.

If you want to fossils craft, Scorched+Aetheric is a good combo.

Also

DO NOT CRAFT ON A WARSTAFF BASE

I know mine is a warstaff, but these can only drop with these shaper rolls. They cannot be rolled via crafting with alts/chaos/fossils.
"

God damit, you never stop learning in this game.
Well now im poor because i bought the 6-link shaper base, but its a serpentine warstaff, back to the drawing board :-)
At least it pushes my league goal in a farther distance.

I think i´ll just keep it and try to hit some good fossil craft.
Double damage is still possible on warstaff´s ?

"
Feanturo написал:
"

Well now im poor because i bought the 6-link shaper base, but its a serpentine warstaff, back to the drawing board :-)

Ah that sucks but I know how you feel as I did the same thing earlier this league. Seeing this spurred me to make a note in the guide in the gear->weapon section.

Double damage is an attack mod, so yes still possible. I might just try to sell it as is instead of sinking more into it though
"
Gryphenprey написал:
"
Feanturo написал:
"

Ah that sucks but I know how you feel as I did the same thing earlier this league. Seeing this spurred me to make a note in the guide in the gear->weapon section.

Double damage is an attack mod, so yes still possible. I might just try to sell it as is instead of sinking more into it though

And go for the 18% block ones and not the crit ones i assume then.
"
Feanturo написал:

And go for the 18% block ones and not the crit ones i assume then.

I prefer the block ones, yes. We lack phys mitigation so block ends up being an important layer of defense for us
Has anyone considered an animate guardian with Kingmaker? Not sure if Culling Strike would apply to VD, but fortify and the extra crit multiplier are pretty juicy.

Since we are casting spirit offering very frequently, he should be able to survive non-chaos damage just fine, even with none of the juicy support gems, such as life or resist (elemental army debuf can be nice, but he probably will not attack fast enough). Add a Solaris Lorica or Shavronne's Wrappings and he could maybe even help deep into the mines.
Последняя редакция: danrbr. Время: 5 окт. 2019 г., 9:45:59
Hey, which one is better your PoB or stupidity character ? Your character look nice and it seems better than your pob.

ty!
Corrupted helm with reserved mana is better then any enchanted scold's bridle?
Sry for my bad english
Последняя редакция: Aresius911. Время: 4 окт. 2019 г., 23:47:01
"
Aresius911 написал:
Hey, which one is better your PoB or stupidity character ? Your character look nice and it seems better than your pob.

ty!
Corrupted helm with reserved mana is better then any enchanted scold's bridle?
Sry for my bad english

Corrupted helm is easier to obtain and is better than the mana reserve enchantments.

VD consumes +1 Corpse is going to be BiS but is so completely unnecessary that I can never justify the cost. We already delete everything in the game.

And as for which to follow...please follow the guide. If you have specific questions about what I'm doing on my character at any given time, feel free to ask. I am always testing new things and making small tweaks to further min-max my character and some of these are not reasonable for others trying this build.

"
danrbr написал:
Has anyone considered an animate guardian with Knigmaker? Not sure if Culling Strike would apply to VD, but fortify and the extra crit multiplier are pretty juicy.

Since we are casting spirit offering very frequently, he should be able to survive non-chaos damage just fine, even with none of the juicy support gems, such as life or resist (elemental army debuf can be nice, but he probably will not attack fast enough). Add a Solaris Lorica or Shavronne's Wrappings and he could maybe even help deep into the mines.

I have actually considered an Animate guardian with Kingslayer for these very reasons. I did not consider using a Solaris Lorica though, that's some sweet tech.

Main Reason I haven't is just the Socket space required to use him with some links. I'd likely want Meat Shield linked to him and also to fit a Convocation into a CWDT setup somewhere. I can try testing a more typical "cheap" AG to see how he survives my T16 maps and Elder fights.

The culling does work, and the 50% Crit multiplier is also very nice.

One thing with Fortify is you need to make sure your self damage is high enough to proc CWDT through the mitigation.
Последняя редакция: Gryphenprey. Время: 5 окт. 2019 г., 2:26:26

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация