[3.10] Gryph's Volatile Dead Necromancer || Fun, Medium Budget, Tanky, Millions of DPS

This build just carried me really hard to 36 challenges this league. Sirus 8, uber elder, pure breachstones, everything! At some point i even stopped investing so much at the character since i thought it was strong enough and started getting currency for another build i am planning.

At the beggining of the league i had some troubles with it but you helped a lot, Gryph! Thank you very much and cya next league ;)
Hie guys..

I've been playing this build for weeks now and so far enjoying it. Just a few setback which i usually randomly got 1 shotted by boss especially from metamorph. Right now sitting on 4.6khp + 3k es (4k es with offering) and 15% chaos resistance.

Would love any suggestion from you guys to improve my build. Right now aiming for the +ES watches eye but still cant afford it yet.

Thanks OP for sharing this build :D

"
Gryphenprey написал:

Lots to unwrap here...

I would still not drop the block nodes from the tree. If you are using a block base staff you still have 33% Block Chance and 21% spell block. It's also only 5 total points and Counterweight being behind 3 of them is an incredible node. If you want to drop Leash and Bone Offering that's fine. Getting a big ES chest (with spell crit) is totally fine. Worth noting too, Offering Effect with SO alone is worth about 400 more ES recovery (and Max ES).

Quite possibly, I think I have managed to find a balance point where I feel that my survability is not lacking ( I don't get oneshot by not telegraphed attacks anymore).

"
Gryphenprey написал:

Yes, need more attack speed to proc CWDT faster. I had no issues when I was running Flesh+Bone but noticed a drop when I cut Flesh Offering from my setup (using Stampedes so movement speed is pointless). If you have a freed 4L you could add another corpse consuming skill and unearth+gmp to the mix just to boost attack speed abd get faster CWDT procs. Mana of course becomes a concern here.

That's why I'm also running clarity at level two as my mana flask does not regen fast enough. Was also running blood rage before but that was simply too much, was also thinking about spell echo on volatile dead but idk. Too much to change to even try that.

"
Gryphenprey написал:

Also I feel like your eHP is really low at 3.4k life and 4.9k ES. By comparison I have 4.3k life and 4.6k ES (could get another +350 or so with multimodding my chest).

Maybe, apart from the armour and staff, every other item is like 50c tops, so there are always plenty of things to add here and there ;p
@Sillenzedd

You need to follow the leveling progression more closely. You NEED to get all your life and ES nodes early on instead of more damage. This helps immensely to scale Spirit Offering's recovery and makes everything just a bit smoother.

That said as you level and get better gear it'll smooth out. For now make use of Soul of Gruthkul and Soul of Lunaris to help mitigate Scold's damage a bit.

If you can, get a cheap +21-25% Offering Effect ES chest and 5L it. The buff to Spirit Offering will boost the recovery significantly as well as give you a bunch of eHP.

If you find that that's not enough: Some ES leech will go a long way for early mapping (until you can fit a source of ES on hit basically). 2 Points for Ghost Reaver and 3 Points for Light Eater in your tree will help with recovery while clearing.

"
vikdean написал:
Hi guys,

I've been running this build ever since the league started and everything went quite well; that is until now, that I've switched to the Doedre's Malevolence gloves and Scold's helmet.

I've actually used Doedre's Tenure so far, and I think that extra "+50 to Total Mana Cost of Skills" is the source of my problems... which is that I cant stay alive for more then a couple of seconds.

I don't really have to go near anything, but I'm already killing myself with just Cyclone and VD casting.
I've tried to follow the build guide as closely I could, but I think I'm missing something crucial here.

I've exported my current build:
https://pastebin.com/MhmqdUVq

Any tips or info of what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

WELL!

You need to get cruel lab done my friend. you NEED Mistress of Sacrifice to use Spirit Offering to mitigate Scold's damage at all. Also get the assassin's mark off of your VD links and put it somewhere else :P

Animate Guardian is kinda of a bust this league with how rippy the mechanics are (I have since moved the information on it it to my reserved post). Specters are still fine if you want to use them though as they are easily resummoned.

I highly recommend getting Fenumus Spinneret Boots (5-10c) and an item with Aspect of the Spider. A cheap item with the mod can be bought for 5-10c or you can add him to a piece with an open suffix. If you choose to add him on, please get help to kill it, he will one-shot you at your level.

Hope this helps!

"
nazseha написал:
Hie guys..

I've been playing this build for weeks now and so far enjoying it. Just a few setback which i usually randomly got 1 shotted by boss especially from metamorph. Right now sitting on 4.6khp + 3k es (4k es with offering) and 15% chaos resistance.

Would love any suggestion from you guys to improve my build. Right now aiming for the +ES watches eye but still cant afford it yet.

Thanks OP for sharing this build :D

You may have too much armour on your gear. 725 total armour mitigates about 25% of Scold's Damage. the armour from just your chest mitigates 19%. It's probably fine overall, but your CWDT procs are likely a little slow. Get ES base boots, Stampedes, or Fenumus Spinnerets+Aspect of the Spider. Chest has great stats though I wouldn't worry about replacing that at all.

"
1leven написал:

Quite possibly, I think I have managed to find a balance point where I feel that my survability is not lacking ( I don't get oneshot by not telegraphed attacks anymore).

That's why I'm also running clarity at level two as my mana flask does not regen fast enough. Was also running blood rage before but that was simply too much, was also thinking about spell echo on volatile dead but idk. Too much to change to even try that.

Maybe, apart from the armour and staff, every other item is like 50c tops, so there are always plenty of things to add here and there ;p

Finding balance is good! I always want you all to find what works best for you with the build. Some people like SUUPER TANKY BLOCK CHANCE SHENANIGANS (me lol) others prefer to forgo block completely and go for raw damage backed by a big eHP pool.

Mana regeneration on a piece of gear would go a loooong way to helping managing mana since we regen 4% of our max mana per second at a baseline. Also spell echo doesn't work with triggered skills. :)

And yeah, UPGRADES! haha.

I recently made some great upgrades from farming blighted maps:
Скрытый текст

Actually bought the Ruby ring for 50c and hit a 1 in 4 Annul (life regen gone) and that makes me quite happy. :)

Blighted maps are OP.
@Gryphenprey

Thanks, I've been planning to do that.

Also, just a note; I've been experimenting to do the build without Doedre's Malevolence, but wasn't able to find a skill with enough mana cost to proc the Desecrate-CWDT setup, but I think it would be possible with a 6L, as I only have a 5L at the moment.
Maybe with Cyclone - VD - CWC - Poacher's Mark - Conductivity - Flammability.
Just a thought as it might help with survive-ability during leveling.
Is there no benefit to using spell cascade in this setup? Messing around with my own version of CWC VD and was wondering what the benefits were of using martyr over crafted shaper staff
"
Is there no benefit to using spell cascade in this setup? Messing around with my own version of CWC VD and was wondering what the benefits were of using martyr over crafted shaper staff

Spell Cascade requires more corpse generation and makes us lose links. It's also not even much of a DPS gain in the end. Also VD 60 ball limit makes Spell Cascade feel even worse.

And performance issues....aaand yeah just don't :P

Shaper Staves can be better than Martyr, it just takes a lot to make it so. Martyr is cheap, powerful, and has tons of extra block (most people use Eclipse staves). Also, the worse the rest of your gear is, the better Martyr is compared to a shaped CWC staff. I will be upgrading to one eventually as a VERY good staff will net me about 30% more damage than Martyr.
Hey. Loving this build, but struggling a bit with survivability. Got any suggestions for further upgrades?

This is my current gear:
Скрытый текст

if i use unearth with GMP and greatter volley for more corpse, is using spell cascade on VF setup better? (as i summon 6 balls instead of 3 balls)
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
is it me or the cheapest 6L ES armor wiht increase offering effect% on it is 9exalt at the moment....
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация