[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

PoB has been updated to include the slightly important ascendancy: https://pastebin.com/bHUvB8xe

Apologies for the mistake.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Последняя редакция: ShakCentral. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 8:16:02
"
Hainsy написал:
Hi,

Thanks for the updates to your build guide!
Been playing for a few leagues now and this will be my first league as Vortex!
Super pumped, just have a quick question regarding the use of Prism Guardian with CI?

I understand that you want to get to 76% mana reservation reduction in order to make the auras 0% cost of your life? I just cant see via the PoB how you achieve it, unless im mistaken on the required amount of Reservation %?

If you wouldn't mind a quick breakdown that would be wonders! other than that i super confident and your guide was perfect!

Cheers

Somehow the items page got messed up back in 3.10 and I ended up with Shavs and Prism Guardian in the CI list. It's been fixed in the PoB update pushed out this morning. You can find it on the front page of the guide or on pages 113 and 116 of the comments. There is a CI shield in the list correctly now. Thanks!
Hello all, Normally i have been running some sort of summoner build but have messed with caster builds way back when.

I am thinking of Vortex this time but am a little intimidated with the leveling process. Are people planning on vortex(Occultist) the whole way or Elementalist than doing the switch?
"
mattyjack написал:
Hello all, Normally i have been running some sort of summoner build but have messed with caster builds way back when.

I am thinking of Vortex this time but am a little intimidated with the leveling process. Are people planning on vortex(Occultist) the whole way or Elementalist than doing the switch?

I'm still undecided. I'm trying to choose between Penance Brand + Heralds with a very large respec, or Wintertide Brand until Vortex and go cold DoT from the start. Either one should be fine. Penance Brand will likely be faster upfront, but you'll pay for your time in regret orbs
"
ShakCentral написал:
"
mattyjack написал:

I'm still undecided. I'm trying to choose between Penance Brand + Heralds with a very large respec, or Wintertide Brand until Vortex and go cold DoT from the start. Either one should be fine. Penance Brand will likely be faster upfront, but you'll pay for your time in regret orbs

Thanks for the reply,
Wintertide looks interesting. If i was to go that route would i just follow your vortex tree, still use cold snap and whatever else fits in?

Thanks again, all these changes can make leveling hard to understand for noobs like me.
Последняя редакция: mattyjack. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 10:36:38
"
mattyjack написал:
"
ShakCentral написал:
"
mattyjack написал:

Thanks for the reply,
Wintertide looks interesting. If i was to go that route would i just follow your vortex tree, still use cold snap and whatever else fits in?

Thanks again, all these changes can make leveling hard to understand for noobs like me.

First - thanks for the recommit to updating - I was looking at this as a possible starter while everyone sorted out the best way to slam - and now after patch notes - it's definitely the starter.

As a non-racer / league start master I'm probably levelling vortex. For comparison - I will probably not be past Act 10 and solidly into maps with 4 labs until saturday night at best or sunday sometime. Ignore remainder of comments if you're much more efficient than me.

it's already ~40 respec points - the freebies to switch from vortex levelling to ci. Add in more + a lot more for ascendency change (10 a pop per point if I recall correctly) - that's a lot of regrets to need for early league. I would typically do something like that more mid-league when I had a whole bunch wasting away naturally.
Hi ShakCentral. Thank you for making this great guide, I did it a long time ago and it remains the highest level character I ever did and one of the best feeling ones too. I am trying to be a bit more serious about it this time around, I want all the challenges and I want to woop some ass.

Now that we see all the gem and tree changes, I was wondering if Stormblast Mine is really that crucial for leveling quickly vs. sticking with Freezing Pulse or even Fireball now. I just really suck at mines, I admit it.

"
Unshiftables написал:
First - thanks for the recommit to updating - I was looking at this as a possible starter while everyone sorted out the best way to slam - and now after patch notes - it's definitely the starter.

As a non-racer / league start master I'm probably levelling vortex. For comparison - I will probably not be past Act 10 and solidly into maps with 4 labs until saturday night at best or sunday sometime. Ignore remainder of comments if you're much more efficient than me.

it's already ~40 respec points - the freebies to switch from vortex levelling to ci. Add in more + a lot more for ascendency change (10 a pop per point if I recall correctly) - that's a lot of regrets to need for early league. I would typically do something like that more mid-league when I had a whole bunch wasting away naturally.

The respec points that early seem like a lot for me. Plus i like to stay as close to my end build as i can when leveling. I will likely try the new brand and than go vortex.
Последняя редакция: mattyjack. Время: 18 июня 2020 г., 11:00:17
Question for vortex endgame.

In Delirium I managed to go 36/40 lvl 96 and felt great. Killed Sirius A8, Uber Elder for first time using vortex and absolutely love the build.

The one thing that really threw me off was cluster jewels. I tried Brush with Death and some of the other Cold Damage Over Time jewels and they just didn't seem as good for the build. Was I just missing something?
"
Xaithai написал:
Hi ShakCentral. Thank you for making this great guide, I did it a long time ago and it remains the highest level character I ever did and one of the best feeling ones too. I am trying to be a bit more serious about it this time around, I want all the challenges and I want to woop some ass.

Now that we see all the gem and tree changes, I was wondering if Stormblast Mine is really that crucial for leveling quickly vs. sticking with Freezing Pulse or even Fireball now. I just really suck at mines, I admit it.

Stormblast is very high sustained damage, and I highly recommend it until about level 12 at least. I'm planning to do some Penance Branding after seeing the numbers and hearing from ggg on mechanics. I'll post my gem setup once I'm finalized. But I would Stormblast until you get past Mervail if you can do it.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация