[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

What did i miss, Large cluster jewels? Nodes on the tree are way too good to go into a large cluster?
Does the divergent malevolence gem do anything for our build?

reading it - 10% increased damage with ailments seems like it as chill is an ailment.

however, in pob identity fork, changing the type of malevolence gem does nothing to the dot dps number.
"
donbrawler написал:
Tips for New Vortex Players

1. Cinderswallow Urn should be your first Priority to get. The helps a ton with Mana regen and Energy Shield regen.

2. Cold Snap generates frenzy Charges. Once you gain a frenzy charge you can spam Cold snap up to 3 times since Frenzy charges only go up to three. This can boost your clear speed once you learn how to manage your frenzy charges to keep Cold Snap a instant cooldown.

3. Vaal Cold Snap is very Important. Always save this for a boss it will melt them.

4. Don't run or flame dash directly into packs of mobs always run around or dash to the side your vortex has decent area affect and will kill them.

5. Most should know this but Vortex should always be on left click. To get use to this style of play just run circles around mobs with vortex on left click don't use cold snap at all till you can get used to it. Then add in cold snap to mobs in front of you and the sides.

6. A Low lvl wand can roll + 1 to cold spells very easily with Alterations. Then you can use the craft 3 modifiers on the wand with Trigger a Spell and 20 cold Damage overtime for only 2 exalts.

7. Cobalt Jewels can be huge boost to dmg and energy shield. Heist can drop Cobalt's with %4 cold overtime that are fractured. You can buy these for 5-10 chaos on trade and then roll 8% energy shield with alterations for really cheap.
Cobalt Trade Search: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/zagLdrqi4

For point 4 and 5:
I run the CI version of this build and thus much tankier. I have phase run on left click and i do flame dash into the middle of packs and IMO it clears alot faster this way as I don't run circles around anything and i maximise the vortex aoe by being in the middle of the pack (via phase run or flame dash or flask). The quartz flask alone i find isn't smooth enough to walk through the middle of packs on it's own - phase run and the flask makes it a massive quality of life improvement. I basically alternate between vortex and cold snap.
Последняя редакция: Armisal. Время: 5 окт. 2020 г., 13:31:53
Yeah I tried vortex on left click and it felt awful. It often dropped a vortex just before I got to a pack and then I had to wait until I could vortex again. Was actually much slower.

Unless you're playing HC then dashing into a pack and dropping vortex feels the right way to do it.
"
Armisal написал:

reading it - 10% increased damage with ailments seems like it as chill is an ailment.

however, in pob identity fork, changing the type of malevolence gem does nothing to the dot dps number.

The only ailments that cause damage are bleed, poison and ignite. Chill and Freeze do not cause damage so a 10% increase of nothing is still nothing. Therefore yes, the Divergent Malevolence gem does nothing for this build.

Damage over time is not an ailment, it's a timed source of damage which is different from an ailment.
Why do we want Hypothermia quality if we cant chill with Vortex because of elemental focus?
"
Aldora_the_Summoner написал:
"
Armisal написал:

The only ailments that cause damage are bleed, poison and ignite. Chill and Freeze do not cause damage so a 10% increase of nothing is still nothing. Therefore yes, the Divergent Malevolence gem does nothing for this build.

Damage over time is not an ailment, it's a timed source of damage which is different from an ailment.

we do chill no? chill is an ailment - see https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ailment

I also do a bit of fire damage to spells, which is enough to ignite? or does ignite not happen due to elemental overload?
"
Armisal написал:
we do chill no? chill is an ailment
It also does no damage just slows. Increased damage of ailments doesn't do anything for ailments that do 0 damage (shock, chill and the alternative ailments that exist on secrets of suffering keystone).

About ignite if you have elemental focus, you can't ignite with that skill. If you don't, you can, but the ignite is gonna be very small, proportionate to the fire damage portion not the whole skill (unless you have special mods like cold / lightning damage can ignite). Also ignite only scales from initial hit. Dot ticks of vortex can't ignite.
"
Aldora_the_Summoner написал:
"
SymmetraMain234 написал:
Hello everyone. I was messing around on POB and saw that on the CI build you have blasphemy frostbite, malevolence and disc. I don't have the mana to reserve them all. I'm I missing something?

We don't have Discipline cast, we only use Vaal Discipline for dangerous encounters to provide some extra protection through the uninterrupted regen.

You can still fit it in, look at my build

I have discipline, frostbite-blasphemy, malevolence and aspect of the spider. I need to run Aul's uprising though.
Just as a suggestion, I will say that in the "High-Level Anointments" section under Low-life gearing you should warn people that Growth and Decay is already taken in the skill tree because noob and stupid people like me would waste a golden oil anointing it (yes, I just did).

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация