[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Mescaline77 написал:

Thanks man! I am clear on the Cinderswallow now - though there is a trade off as otherwise I would have in the slot a normal flask (I think sulphur) with immunity to either Shock or Burn, is it worth the onslaught buff?

For my playstyle its a mandatory flask to keep my mana. I play with Vortex on Left Click and just Spam Cold Snap. Onslaught is always worth it.

I did read your post in which you referred to Shak's comment, how did you calculate the 50% pls? Actually I did try running 3 curses without having mana issues, I cast cold snap (triggered storm brand), flame dashed in (triggered frost bomb) and cast vortex (triggered ele weakness) -- oos hits every sec and it overrode the vortex hit almost instantly. I think it's then the frost bomb hit that ruins it - here the curse did cca -40% ele res that stacked with EE and I thought it was great, but I understand that if 50% of the time I do not have EE active then there is no point in the third curse.

Read the tooltip of EE gives the -50% resist to cold if hit by lightning and +25% resistance to cold if hit by cold. I don't think Vortex has a hit. Every time Frost Bomb or Cold Snap is cast the monsters will gain +25% resistance to cold and by having Storm brand and Orb of storms rotating in the triggers its always canceling the +25% resistance to cold and giving -50% resistance to cold. Trust me its needed and a third curse is ruining the point of the trigger setup and not worth using EE at all.

BTW you should switch out your Jade Flask to a Quartz Flask too. You can give up the basalt flask for a Sulphur flask. A lot of vortex players use Bottled Faith for the extra DMG although I prefer basalt myself and run immune to Shock and Ignite on my flask cause those will kill you very quick.

I would also recommend to get "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on one of your jewels" This frees up staunching on a flask and can be used for shock, ignite or warding.
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 15:52:25
"
donbrawler написал:
"
Mescaline77 написал:

Thanks man! I am clear on the Cinderswallow now - though there is a trade off as otherwise I would have in the slot a normal flask (I think sulphur) with immunity to either Shock or Burn, is it worth the onslaught buff?

For my playstyle its a mandatory flask to keep my mana. I play with Vortex on Left Click and just Spam Cold Snap. Onslaught is always worth it.

I did read your post in which you referred to Shak's comment, how did you calculate the 50% pls? Actually I did try running 3 curses without having mana issues, I cast cold snap (triggered storm brand), flame dashed in (triggered frost bomb) and cast vortex (triggered ele weakness) -- oos hits every sec and it overrode the vortex hit almost instantly. I think it's then the frost bomb hit that ruins it - here the curse did cca -40% ele res that stacked with EE and I thought it was great, but I understand that if 50% of the time I do not have EE active then there is no point in the third curse.

Read the tooltip of EE gives the negative -50 resist to cold if hit by lightning and +25% resistance to cold if hit by cold. Vortex doesn't have a hit. Everytime frost bomb or Cold snap is cast the mobs will gain +25% resistance to cold and by having Storm brand and Orb of storms rotating in the triggers its always canceling the +25% resistance to cold and giving -50% resistance. Trust me its needed and a third curse is ruining the point of the trigger setup and not worth it at all.

BTW you should switch out your Jade Flask to a Quartz Flask too. You can give up the basalt flask for a Sulphur flask. A lot of vortex players use Bottled Faith for the extra DMG although I prefer basalt myself and run immune to Shock and Ignite on my flask cause those will kill you very quick.

I would also recommend to get "corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on one of your jewels" This frees up staunching on a flask and can be used for shock, ignite or warding.

Thanks! Yes, I understand how EE works, it's just that I thought I was losing EE only for a fraction of a second, not for a significant amount of time. I take it when you are saying it's way more and understand then I need another source of lightning dmg. Though, I believe vortex has initial cold hit and FB when it explodes, not when cast.

Man, I wish I could afford bottled faith :D - I play on budget, just a casual player. I will think about the flask swaps, thanks for the tip! Also about the jewel, those are usually quite expensive if also rolled well - I think.
Another Tip:

I have been doing a lot of Heist and Tropical Islands, Strand and Summit maps. You don't need Arcane Vision for most maps and don't need at all for Heists. Saves you a point to put anywhere you want :).

Some of the crypt maps you will need Arcane vision though it makes them very dark.
"
Mescaline77 написал:

Man, I wish I could afford bottled faith :D - I play on budget, just a casual player. I will think about the flask swaps, thanks for the tip! Also about the jewel, those are usually quite expensive if also rolled well - I think.

Here is a trade search for bunch of jewels starting at 5 chaos with corrupted blood https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/glMlRm5hQ
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 28 окт. 2020 г., 16:17:01
"
donbrawler написал:
"
Mescaline77 написал:

Here is a trade search for bunch of jewels starting at 5 chaos with corrupted blood https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/glMlRm5hQ

thanks! I just need some dex on it, a bit expensive now, 60c, will wait for a cheaper one. I took that one point from arcane vision and it's fine, thanks for the tip! Usually I look at the minimap anyway in the dark maps.
"
donbrawler написал:

than maybe You can use:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Sorrow_of_the_Divine
or/and
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Witchfire_Brew
"
Mescaline77 написал:
"
donbrawler написал:
"
Mescaline77 написал:

thanks! I just need some dex on it, a bit expensive now, 60c, will wait for a cheaper one. I took that one point from arcane vision and it's fine, thanks for the tip! Usually I look at the minimap anyway in the dark maps.

I've played alot of LL without any light radius. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

And the red look all the time looks cool in an indoor hideout like haunted mansion.
Well I didn't think I would be able to do it without Harvest Crafting. I just hit over 10 Million DPS with a new crafted wand :)

I haven't killed Conqueror's Since my new upgrades. Here is a short video of how insane my gear is now haha.

https://youtu.be/A2XlM3t5D5c

Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 30 окт. 2020 г., 3:37:29
"
donbrawler написал:
Well I didn't think I would be able to do it without Harvest Crafting. I just hit over 10 Million DPS with a new crafted wand :)

I haven't killed Conqueror's Since my new upgrades. Here is a short video of how insane my gear is now haha.

https://youtu.be/A2XlM3t5D5c

wow super nice wand! Now you just need a +2 aoe +2 duration shavs for the ultimate damage haha.

BTW is the +2 on your Rime Gaze better than 40% increased damage or increased cooldown enchants? Or is it because you had enough vortex damage and you are boosting the backup spell?

*comparing in POB, looks like the boost to cold snap amounts to more than the other enchants would give Vortex.
Последняя редакция: kingkano. Время: 30 окт. 2020 г., 8:46:56
"
kingkano написал:

wow super nice wand! Now you just need a +2 aoe +2 duration shavs for the ultimate damage haha.

BTW is the +2 on your Rime Gaze better than 40% increased damage or increased cooldown enchants? Or is it because you had enough vortex damage and you are boosting the backup spell?

*comparing in POB, looks like the boost to cold snap amounts to more than the other enchants would give Vortex.

Yea, I think there is one +4 Shav's for a mirror on trade haha, Maybe I will get a mirror drop this league who knows.

+ 2 on Helm is not better for Vortex damage. I prefer to boost Cold Snap damage for the Helm over Vortex I think its a good balance and the Vortex enchant is expensive and time consuming to get if trying yourself. A +2 Shav's or a really good Watcher's eye is much better investment for Vortex Damage.

+ 2 to Cold is better than Duration too. Its pretty cheap at the beginning of the league to corrupt helms. I corrupted 20 helms at the start of the league and + duration was good enough.

All my rare items I crafted myself this league. I wanted to see how bad RNG crafting really is because I have always bought my items before harvest. It was pretty easy to get really good rares I think I have only spent around 115 Exalts on my expensive items. 60ex for my Shav's, 40ex for Watcher's Eye and around 15ex crafting cost.

I am rocking around 150ex from Heist drops and selling crafted gloves :)
Последняя редакция: donbrawler. Время: 30 окт. 2020 г., 12:12:48

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация