[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

On Medium Cluster jewel, make sure to get one with adds 4 Passive skills only (with 5+ you have to take extra skill points) and best would be to combine it with 2nd notable either Vile Reinvigoration, Deep Chill, or Exposure Therapy.

Then also buy a small cluster jewel with Energy from Naught.
"
Tannhauser1 написал:

On Medium Cluster jewel, make sure to get one with adds 4 Passive skills only (with 5+ you have to take extra skill points) and best would be to combine it with 2nd notable either Vile Reinvigoration, Deep Chill, or Exposure Therapy.

are you sure about the cluster jewels? because iirc, 5 and 4 passive mediums are the same point wise, if you just want to get to the notables. the same should be true for 8 and 9 passive larges. did they change that?
First of all, thanks for this build! I'm really loving it. While doing 4watchstone conquerors I noticed that my dps was low. Well I did not buy anything worthwhile yet, probably thats why.

Anyways I'm playing CI+cluster version at the moment. I dont have enough currency to swap LL yet.

My question is which item should I upgrade first? I thought wand would be good. But I couldnt find a good wand on morket.

"
AndyLovesHisBge написал:
"
99tails написал:
At what point should I be looking to drop Skitterbots and Herald of Lightning for Malevolence? I'm finding it hard to convince myself to give up the shock and chilled debuffs from Skitterbots, even though Malevolence is so good.

I don't think we ever use Herald of Lighting at any point while leveling (it is not mentioned in the leveling notes in the POB) so feel free to drop that at any time.

Herald of Lightning is mentioned in the Vortex-specific section of Shak's leveling guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2638949). It's not mentioned anywhere else; I've theorized that it was accidentally left in from an earlier version.

In any case, I've dropped the Herald and Skitterbots for Malevolence. I don't have an Enlighten yet, so I can't really run Malv + Discipline for want of mana pool.
Hey Guys, enjoying the build but got 2 questions:

Why is everyone running Vaal Clarity?
I see no gain but it soaks the souls for the other vaal spells.

Do you think its worth running profane bloom for ritual?
Dropp 2nd curse and use a Blasphemy Setup.
Then u also dont need unset ring and can use a better implicit on ring :)

Thanks in Advance :)
Последняя редакция: Aramoris. Время: 22 апр. 2021 г., 6:10:18
"
Monti_Jones написал:
"
Tannhauser1 написал:

are you sure about the cluster jewels? because iirc, 5 and 4 passive mediums are the same point wise, if you just want to get to the notables. the same should be true for 8 and 9 passive larges. did they change that?

5 should also be fine.
"
99tails написал:
"
AndyLovesHisBge написал:
"
99tails написал:
At what point should I be looking to drop Skitterbots and Herald of Lightning for Malevolence? I'm finding it hard to convince myself to give up the shock and chilled debuffs from Skitterbots, even though Malevolence is so good.

I don't think we ever use Herald of Lighting at any point while leveling (it is not mentioned in the leveling notes in the POB) so feel free to drop that at any time.

Herald of Lightning is mentioned in the Vortex-specific section of Shak's leveling guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2638949). It's not mentioned anywhere else; I've theorized that it was accidentally left in from an earlier version.

In any case, I've dropped the Herald and Skitterbots for Malevolence. I don't have an Enlighten yet, so I can't really run Malv + Discipline for want of mana pool.

What else are you running that's causing you not to be able to run mal + discipline? Those are the two most important auras and you should be able to run them, both at level 20, without enlighten or the -mana reservation nodes on the passive tree. I can run clarity, malevolence and vaal discipline without enlighten or anything that reduces mana reservation gear/passive wise.

I'm currently playing the CI version albeit with a bit of a modified tree, and I'm just now getting to T16 maps. T16 map bosses and 4 watchstone conqueror's are definitely an issue right now as far as single target. I can kill them, most of them(T16 burial chambers boss is a problem for example), but it really drags on and on. But that's to be expected because I've invested hardly anything into the character at all. I have a placeholder 6 link, a cinderswallow, mediocre trigger wand and a pretty bad shield that just has +1 cold gems and some %spell damage but like no ES at all.

Before the cinderswallow, doing red maps was real sketchy(I'm sitting at like 6800 ES) and I'm running profane bloom right now which is HARD carrying me through T14+ maps. With the trigger wand being an 8 second CD version, I'm actually just self-casting frostbite and I have it on my right click, while vortex is on left click. I zoom around, cast frostbite on packs then run through them and they all explode behind me. It's the smoothest way I've found to play the character in it's current state. Using trigger for cursing feels VERY bad with an 8 second trigger wand and it basically means you're getting very little use out of profane bloom at all. Anyway, I still don't have enough currency to switch to LL and that's kinda the wall I'm hitting right now. To be fair, with the small amount of currency I've spent, the build has progressed further than I thought, and more smoothly as well. Getting the cinderswallow for some reliable ES recovery was a huge, huge benefit and if you're trying to play CI without it, do yourself a favor and make it the next thing you purchase.
Последняя редакция: KFieLdGaming. Время: 22 апр. 2021 г., 8:24:26
About to swap to this after disliking my storm brand starter. Can anyone recommend a gem setup for twink leveling? Have tabula and all the cheap leveling uniques.
"
KFieLdGaming написал:

[...]

What else are you running that's causing you not to be able to run mal + discipline? Those are the two most important auras and you should be able to run them, both at level 20, without enlighten or the -mana reservation nodes on the passive tree. I can run clarity, malevolence and vaal discipline without enlighten or anything that reduces mana reservation gear/passive wise.

I'm currently playing the CI version albeit with a bit of a modified tree, and I'm just now getting to T16 maps. T16 map bosses and 4 watchstone conqueror's are definitely an issue right now as far as single target. I can kill them, most of them(T16 burial chambers boss is a problem for example), but it really drags on and on. But that's to be expected because I've invested hardly anything into the character at all. I have a placeholder 6 link, a cinderswallow, mediocre trigger wand and a pretty bad shield that just has +1 cold gems and some %spell damage but like no ES at all.

Before the cinderswallow, doing red maps was real sketchy(I'm sitting at like 6800 ES) and I'm running profane bloom right now which is HARD carrying me through T14+ maps. With the trigger wand being an 8 second CD version, I'm actually just self-casting frostbite and I have it on my right click, while vortex is on left click. I zoom around, cast frostbite on packs then run through them and they all explode behind me. It's the smoothest way I've found to play the character in it's current state. Using trigger for cursing feels VERY bad with an 8 second trigger wand and it basically means you're getting very little use out of profane bloom at all. Anyway, I still don't have enough currency to switch to LL and that's kinda the wall I'm hitting right now. To be fair, with the small amount of currency I've spent, the build has progressed further than I thought, and more smoothly as well. Getting the cinderswallow for some reliable ES recovery was a huge, huge benefit and if you're trying to play CI without it, do yourself a favor and make it the next thing you purchase.

Honestly, I don't know why this isn't an opion in an otherwise very detailed guide but: why not take all the aura reservation nodes on the tree and run blasphemy + frostbite with profane bloom for clearing? that's what I am doing at least.

there are multiple benefits to this, imo.
- you are already closer to the LL w/ clusters setup as that tree takes all those nodes.
- you don't even need enlightened if you skip vitality/clarity but if you have it, it's even better. just malevolence, discipline and the curse should be enough for mapping.
- the curse aura fits the "phase into pack and explode" play style perfectly, leaving the whole packed cursed and ready to get profane bloomed when you run into it.

hope that idea helps! :)
Hey ShakCentral, it seems like the new PoB is missing the life based tree. It currently stops at Act 10 and then is either CI or LL

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация