[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Im assuming glancing blow doesnt stack right if you get both? lol
Should i be using the regular version of cold snap? when mapping?
"
srt4eblue написал:

Also is glancing blows really that big of an upgrade? You double your block chance, but instead of reducing damage by 100%, it's only reducing it by 50%. It's smoothing out the damage I suppose, which is what is mentioned several times in the guide, but I'm just wondering how it feels. The jewel is like 3.5ex now, and is the next purchase for me.

I would really like to hear from people who use this jewel what it is like. So you don't take a large chunk now. However does that benefit comes at the cost of you taking smaller chunks more frequently and having to duck out of the fight to allow the recharge time to get going more often. Basically, is the quality of life truly better?
"
ShakCentral написал:
General question for people: Is anyone interested in watching the build be played, either in SSF or even in HCSSF? I've been on SC trade this league, but I've been considering firing up the old Twitch Stream for some Vortex action.

If you start streaming again let me know, I would be interested in checking iy out.

I did some improvements, its 10.6k ES but the dps is lower, 240k, and I can use one aura, I'm using hatred with blood magic because i have a watcher'eye
with increased damage while afffected by hatred
Последняя редакция: nsantos06. Время: 1 янв. 2020 г., 22:29:11

Would this be a decent wand to multimod with? First time doing multi mods and posting on the fourms

Edit: forgot to mention, does this have 3 lines of mod or 4? cause non detailed window shows 3 lines while detailed window shows 4...
Последняя редакция: NoizyTribe. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 3:01:18
"
NoizyTribe написал:

Would this be a decent wand to multimod with? First time doing multi mods and posting on the fourms

Edit: forgot to mention, does this have 3 lines of mod or 4? cause non detailed window shows 3 lines while detailed window shows 4...

you have 4. not 3. 2 of them happen to be both cold damage (1 suffix 1 prefix).

not worth multimodding imo. get +1 gem levels to multimod. and I also recommend looking around on poe trade. many good CDOT wands (without +1 gem) that are cheap. and many +1 gems that are very budget friendly.
"
Philthegreek написал:

Should i be using the regular version of cold snap? when mapping?

yes. i mean it's a preference thing honestly, but it helps. it's like you can cast cold snap at a targeted location while zooming around. also for tougher bosses it'll apply bonechill which is always useful.
Последняя редакция: SonsOfKorhal. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 3:44:20
"
Voeid написал:
"
Mantikera написал:

I'm trying to include a Flesh and Stone (in Sand Stance) in this setup to have a defensive option after switching Enfeeble and Temporal chains but by doing so i'm left with 256 unreserved mana (yes it's too low) and i have to find a way to solve the mana issue.

You should pick up Mystic Bulwark, especially since you're using Rumi's. I am running 187 unreserved mana and have no issues at all, granted I do have Spell Block cap due to Glancing Blows but at 256 you should be fine.

Another way to improve is to get lv4 Enlighten, it is a bit pricey though.

before i got spider aspect, was running flesh and stone (my pref is aspect, i just was too lazy to get it crafted, so i used flesh and stone). they both reserve 25%.

anyway, grabbing the mana reservation node near CI basically is all i/you need. i have about 150 unreserved mana and have no issues casting flame dash, vortex and spamming cold snap. occasional "OOM" happens but regen is more than sufficient. am also running a 30% CDR vortex helm. so your mana regen should be sufficient.

I do agree with other posters, there are some mana regeneration nodes you might want to take to help with QoL/sustain.
Последняя редакция: SonsOfKorhal. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 3:46:51
"
ZeroCloud написал:
"
srt4eblue написал:

Also is glancing blows really that big of an upgrade? You double your block chance, but instead of reducing damage by 100%, it's only reducing it by 50%. It's smoothing out the damage I suppose, which is what is mentioned several times in the guide, but I'm just wondering how it feels. The jewel is like 3.5ex now, and is the next purchase for me.

I would really like to hear from people who use this jewel what it is like. So you don't take a large chunk now. However does that benefit comes at the cost of you taking smaller chunks more frequently and having to duck out of the fight to allow the recharge time to get going more often. Basically, is the quality of life truly better?

used the jewel in the past. I would say mathematically, you are still taking the same amount of damage.

lets say you have a block chance of 50%.

a boss hits you twice. on average, you are expected to block 1 hit, and take full damage for the other hit. if the boss hits for 100, lets assume you take 100 points of dmg in this scenario.

you equip the jewel. now you block 100% of the time, but take 50% of the dmg. so boss hits twice, you block both, you take 50 points of dmg each for a total of 100 dmg.

as people have pointed out, in both scenarios, you take 100 dmg, but in the 2nd scenario, your damage taken is staggered over 2 hits. (think brewmaster stagger in WoW). it makes your health stabilize/not so spiky, which is a good thing. that is the main "plus" of the jewel.

however, as roselan (another old time vortexer with me) has mentioned, this will not sit well in situations where 50% of the dmg (after glancing blows halves the dmg) is still a big amount.

imagine this, a boss has a 1-shot mechanic that deals 1m dmg. halving that is 500k dmg - which is STILL a 1-shot. effectively this means equipping the jewel has doubled your % chance of death.

you need to make the call yourself based on what kind of content you are doing, and whether you have mitigation/preventive measures to handle both situations and what you prefer.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация