[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

And you can't have 100% block chance, it caps at 75%. So technically the higher you get your block (and spell block) over 38%, the less useful is glancing blows.
I like to use it, definitely prevents some one-shots and damage spikes.
But for stuff like deep Delve where damage is so high that always taking 50% damage is a bad thing, you probably should not use it.
In the end it's personal preference if you want to use it.
Also it gives 40+ strength which is a nice little bonus that makes gearing easier.

@Mantikera:
I run around with 192 mana, it's no problem at all. Vortex has a CD anyway, so has Cold Snap, I never run out of mana. You could also use a lvl1 Clarity for some Mana regen if you have the gem space for it, reserves a little bit of mana but improves the regen.
Hey ShakCentral. You are recommending some damage penetration items.

"Due to the fact that resistance penetration is a property of hits, it cannot apply to damage over time."

Either the wiki is wrong or you are.
Последняя редакция: Hell1986. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 6:03:06
"
Laxxus написал:
And you can't have 100% block chance, it caps at 75%. So technically the higher you get your block (and spell block) over 38%, the less useful is glancing blows.
I like to use it, definitely prevents some one-shots and damage spikes.
But for stuff like deep Delve where damage is so high that always taking 50% damage is a bad thing, you probably should not use it.
In the end it's personal preference if you want to use it.
Also it gives 40+ strength which is a nice little bonus that makes gearing easier.

@Mantikera:
I run around with 192 mana, it's no problem at all. Vortex has a CD anyway, so has Cold Snap, I never run out of mana. You could also use a lvl1 Clarity for some Mana regen if you have the gem space for it, reserves a little bit of mana but improves the regen.

well i mean im just giving an anecdotal example to illustrate the principle
How is this build doing in lab?

I think in the past traps were a joke for occultist but they were using that unique quiver. How is it without?

I wanna do this to complete 40/40 (600 delve + 500 chests)
Happy new year everyone! Got a few responses to recent questions here:

*Somehow got logged out and it removed part of my comment. Redid it and hopefully it stays.*

srt4eblue and ZeroCloud,

Скрытый текст
The Glancing Blows section is one that I've targeted for more explanation in the guide. I believe that the usefulness of Glancing Blows largely comes down to playstyle, and is much less about raw numbers.

The more comfortable you are with your positioning, the higher value I would place on aquiring this keystone. If you rarely get hit, then having a high block chance that halves the hits that you do take becomes a very nice survivability boost. If you have trouble manually moving around and dodging, maybe hold off on Blows for now.

Also, don't use Glancing Blows for deep delving. Half of a 1-shot is still a 1-shot.

As a final note, if you are utilizing the new Awakened Support gems and want to pair this with an Empower 4, the Strength bonus that Glancing Blows provides is also very nice, but that's pretty niche.

Hell1986,

Скрытый текст
Could you give me an example? Don't forget that penetration is different from lowered resists. Things like the -9% Cold Resist on a helmet is not penetration and works with our DoT damage.

wsbisev,

Скрытый текст
Labbing with CI-based characters is super smooth. Low on health? Just rest a second and by at full. Vaal Discipline is an immediate recharge button that works in a pinch.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Последняя редакция: ShakCentral. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 10:38:40
I wanna know more about Elemental Equilibrium. So If we hit with lightning, the enemy will have -%50 cold resist right? But when we start hitting Vortex which is cold, is not enemy gonna have %25 cold resist? Does not it work like that?
"
Elloktrik написал:
I wanna know more about Elemental Equilibrium. So If we hit with lightning, the enemy will have -%50 cold resist right? But when we start hitting Vortex which is cold, is not enemy gonna have %25 cold resist? Does not it work like that?

Check the EE section. The initial hit of Vortex (or Cold Snap) gives the enemy extra cold res, but it's only for a fraction of a second for two reasons:

1. Damage Over Time does not hit, and therefore only the initial cast of your skill "hits" with cold, which allows for -

2. Storm Brand and Orb of Storms hit continuously, so they will almost immediately override the cold hit and revert the enemy to -50 cold
Последняя редакция: ShakCentral. Время: 2 янв. 2020 г., 10:37:28
Everyone:

The guide is now spread over the initial post and the next two comments, rather than just the first. I've moved Parts 4 and 5 to the second comment and split Part 3 between 3.1-3.4 and 3.5-3.8. Part 3B now has its own dedicated space in the first comment.

This will allow me to begin making meaningful improvements to the guide, as I was constantly hitting the 50k character limit and couldn't really add anything.

Until I re-link all of the items (gag), there are no item links in Part 3B, as moving the post breaks the item indexing. Apologies for the temporary setback.

After weeks of pretty poor rng with drops, I made about 30ex this week and poured it into the build, and I'm very excited to see how it feels with the 3.9 changes as I move into the big boi pieces.

Very good things to come!
Hi guys - sorry if this has been asked before:

Can this be played only as CI ES build and not transitioned into LL? I've been playing since Legion and i'm not sure if i could play the LL set-up.

Thanks in advance.
"
ShakCentral написал:
"
Elloktrik написал:

Check the EE section. The initial hit of Vortex (or Cold Snap) gives the enemy extra cold res, but it's only for a fraction of a second for two reasons:

1. Damage Over Time does not hit, and therefore only the initial cast of your skill "hits" with cold, which allows for -

2. Storm Brand and Orb of Storms hit continuously, so they will almost immediately override the cold hit and revert the enemy to -50 cold

So it triggers Cold damage only at first cast of Vortex, no triggering from DOT and orb of storm etc will make it -50 cold resist. Its very good and clever so far, I wonder in that case if I should skip cold snap or it works just like that combined?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация