[3.24] Frostbolt/Ice Nova Hierophant | 100m DPS | All Content

"
Rijndael написал:
"
Mentalmike написал:
I still do not think this build is viable to play without 5+ex.

Have no idea how people have 20ex worth of gear in under 1 week, i've only managed to get 100c and that is with the Chaos recipe.

Build suffers horrifically from stun from ranged monsters, its hopeless on T8+ maps just get stun locked instantly. Damage is also very lackluster but there is not much that can be done about that because I don't have the currency for more damage items/life items and need the life nodes so cant sacrifice for cluster jewels.

Pure luck that I managed to get 3 6-link items without needing to pay a single piece of currency, without that, would be a dead build.

Not a great build - love the mechanics behind it but just ain't viable unless you have currency upfront.

Going to re-roll into a totem build as that is far cheaper and can hit T16 before needing any end-game gear.

I've league started this build twice (once in legion as an assassin and now as heiro). Basically get into maps on SSF until i got a few lucky ex drops for a pledge.

I don't know how you're getting killed considering this build offscreens and deletes bosses like no one's business.

Quite simply, not doing enough damage, and as a result not tanky enough (low leech and swamped with mobs) Blue mobs take 1-2 frostbolt volleys (each volley is spammed with ice nova) and Yellow mobs take 3-4. Bosses are not actually a problem for me but it does take them a while. To clarify it is only ranged monsters that can stun lock or one shot me and its common in T8 or higher maps.

I think the solution maybe a Pandemonious to give that extra damage, but beyond that i would just say more health so a Ferrals etc but the problem ensues, too expensive no currency and so not really playable.

Haven't played since my original post, the thought of having to grind with a death every map is not enjoyable. Each map only yields 1-4c (with chaos recipe) and takes around 5minutes.

Still don't understand how people got 20ex worth of items within a week. Been playing for years - maybe don't pay enough attention who knows.
Последняя редакция: Mentalmike. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 5:14:59
"
Mentalmike написал:

Quite simply, not doing enough damage, and as a result not tanky enough (low leech and swamped with mobs) Blue mobs take 1-2 frostbolt volleys (each volley is spammed with ice nova) and Yellow mobs take 3-4.

You have no diamond flask - could be one with freeze immunity.
Much more damage, much more freezings and disabling one common death cause getting chain freezed. And it's cheap.

On maps you can play with a rolling doom approach - just fire the path you go and clear offscreen when you have rolled dangerous map mods.

And you have no instant life flask - that helps a lot, too. Leech should be enough.

And reinsert the cold penetration gem - you need the damage against cold resistant mobs to freeze them long enough. Not cold resistant don't matter, they die fast. This together with the diamond flask for more than 50% crits should help a lot.

And this is a glas cannon build - so shoot first and ask later :) . I played a barbarian style toon last season, so a bit of dying from getting too near and holding out too long. It's more like change position with teleport before eating damage. That works for me better and reduced dying a lot.

For some reason my pob cannot use these links. It says importing is succesfull, but then "ERROR" in the middle of the screen... My PoB is on date, tripple checked that.
"
Llyrain написал:
"
Mentalmike написал:

Quite simply, not doing enough damage, and as a result not tanky enough (low leech and swamped with mobs) Blue mobs take 1-2 frostbolt volleys (each volley is spammed with ice nova) and Yellow mobs take 3-4.

Much more damage, much more freezings and disabling one common death cause getting chain freezed. And it's cheap.

On maps you can play with a rolling doom approach - just fire the path you go and clear offscreen when you have rolled dangerous map mods.

And you have no instant life flask - that helps a lot, too. Leech should be enough.

And reinsert the cold penetration gem - you need the damage against cold resistant mobs to freeze them long enough. Not cold resistant don't matter, they die fast. This together with the diamond flask for more than 50% crits should help a lot.

And this is a glas cannon build - so shoot first and ask later :) . I played a barbarian style toon last season, so a bit of dying from getting too near and holding out too long. It's more like change position with teleport before eating damage. That works for me better and reduced dying a lot.

This is not glass cannon build. 4500/3000 hp/es + 50% MOM (with high mana pool) + constant auto generation of end. charges with immortal call + Ice nova covering whole screen. And im not even talking about blind aura from jevel.

Then all main items from the guide are gathered, it is really hard to die :)

IGN: Summonium
PoB:
* If you are getting errors you are probably not using the fork. Link to fork: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases
the fork is much better & the original PoB seems it hasn't been updated since June.
* Yes, real single-target DPS = DPS shown in PoB (fork) multiplied by about 3.6 (it's a rough estimate).
* Intensify 4 in PoB config is outdated (maximum got changed to 3), but PoB properly caps it to 3 anyways, so it doesn't actually change anything currently.
* I'll update the PoBs with better config & alt quality gems soon. Waiting for them to fix some issues (alt quality not being saved properly).

This build is meant to be decently tanky, if you are dying once per map then either you're trying to farm T19 full delirium or something's wrong with your setup. If you don't have money for Pandemonius I'd strongly suggest Evil Eye jewel for blind, and if you don't have stun avoidance you should consider Brine King pantheon. Cinderswallow is huge for mapping, you stay topped constantly and it negates less recovery/no leech/regen maps.
Последняя редакция: Arcinde. Время: 2 окт. 2020 г., 20:10:31
"
Arcinde написал:
PoB:
* If you are getting errors you are probably not using the fork. Link to fork: https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases
the fork is much better & the original PoB seems it hasn't been updated since June.
* Yes, real single-target DPS = DPS shown in PoB (fork) multiplied by about 3.6 (it's a rough estimate).
* Intensify 4 in PoB config is outdated (maximum got changed to 3), but PoB properly caps it to 3 anyways, so it doesn't actually change anything currently.
* I'll update the PoBs with better config & alt quality gems soon. Waiting for them to fix some issues (alt quality not being saved properly).

This build is meant to be decently tanky, if you are dying once per map then either you're trying to farm T19 full delirium or something's wrong with your setup. If you don't have money for Pandemonius I'd strongly suggest Evil Eye jewel for blind, and if you don't have stun avoidance you should consider Brine King pantheon. Cinderswallow is huge for mapping, you stay topped constantly and it negates less recovery/no leech/regen maps.

Thanks for this, will try it today!
Pandemonius might be BIS in your build, but how about redeemer amulet with +1 to all cold skill gems, since ice nova scales alot in skill gem levels. And with awakened cold damage support you'll get another bonus level to ice nova, so potentially you'll have a 23lvl vaal ice nova to play with if using pöedge of hands (which I am using). With rare staff it's possible to get alot more levels to ice nova, but imo pledge is still better with 7link
"
Eranicus написал:
"
Llyrain написал:
"
Mentalmike написал:

This is not glass cannon build. 4500/3000 hp/es + 50% MOM (with high mana pool) + constant auto generation of end. charges with immortal call + Ice nova covering whole screen. And im not even talking about blind aura from jevel.

Then all main items from the guide are gathered, it is really hard to die :)

Doesn't matter, rerolled now cake walking all content. No idea why but this build just didnt work for me. It wasnt my play style that was the problem as i am a very slow and careful player anyway.

Just kept getting one shotted, off screen, was irritating and the damage was soo low I couldnt figure out.

Anyhow wish everyone else a fun time, but for me I didnt enjoy this build. Love the mechanic just not the execution.
After getting the Glorious Vanity gem I feel a lot more squishier. What could be the problem?
"
kubicka написал:
After getting the Glorious Vanity gem I feel a lot more squishier. What could be the problem?

Make sure passive from it is corrupted soul
IGN: Summonium

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация