[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

"
MindR написал:

Oh I see, standard changes things up. Yeah as I said, I was rather lucky this league. The Shavs is a result of a very lucky temple, and would be unobtainable for me otherwise. With rare shield getting Frostbite on ring or wand is the best way to increase DPS, as running Hatred really bumps it up. Cluster jewels for Vortex can be OK, but you are actually not losing out on too much yet. It's mostly defensive while maintaining same DPS. Get some white sockets as well and you can shuffle the curses around.
The levels being pushed to this extreme is great, maybe not the best - but at this point it's the only way to really scale DPS without losing alot of defence. If you could Cold dot instead that would probably be better, but that's not obtainable on shield, Shavs etc.

Thread of Hope is GREAT, I can not and will not run without it actually. It's so so efficient for this build, you should really try it :D
Your DPS is still really good though, with the +2 Shavs things get spicy!

Super lucky temple corrupt there :) But yeah, actually the +2 AoE shavs was "only" 18 exalts so not that bad. Sirus dropped aw multistrike yesterday so when that's sold there's something to spend again.

I have few white sockets here and there but only 1 on boots where I have my curse auras. I have to run more syndicate to change the one green slot (temp chain) to white.

Did you craft your 1h and shield by yourself? If so, was it with dense + frigid fossils or some other tricks?

I played around in PoB with Large radius thread of hope and yes, it actually fits very well to this build. By picking the same nodes you have and also Light Eater node (we're most of the time on full ES anyway) and then using the saved nodes to go for Growth and Decay and Coldhearted Calculation, I got to 2,14 million dps. So about +140k compared to running without Thread of Hope. This costs -400 in total ES though dropping it slightly under 13k. I had to change my jewels to slightly worse ones to gain back the lost resistance from ToH. I didn't do the change ingame yet since I don't even have enough co's to buy ToH after that +2 AoE purchase :)

"
Grozaa написал:

It's probably not very important but as far as I know there is a way to get cluster jewels in standard. If someone dies in Hardcore Delirium, the character and its inventory gets moved to Standard. So there certainly is some supply of them in std and potential for more if needed.

Yeah I actually even have one with totally useless mods. My friend checked this out and bought one and threw it to me since he plays league only. There's not that many on standard yet and if you find something with proper mods it costs fortunes. This will obviously change when new league starts.
Последняя редакция: patouskii. Время: 14 мая 2020 г., 3:03:35
"
patouskii написал:
"
MindR написал:

Oh I see, standard changes things up. Yeah as I said, I was rather lucky this league. The Shavs is a result of a very lucky temple, and would be unobtainable for me otherwise. With rare shield getting Frostbite on ring or wand is the best way to increase DPS, as running Hatred really bumps it up. Cluster jewels for Vortex can be OK, but you are actually not losing out on too much yet. It's mostly defensive while maintaining same DPS. Get some white sockets as well and you can shuffle the curses around.
The levels being pushed to this extreme is great, maybe not the best - but at this point it's the only way to really scale DPS without losing alot of defence. If you could Cold dot instead that would probably be better, but that's not obtainable on shield, Shavs etc.

Thread of Hope is GREAT, I can not and will not run without it actually. It's so so efficient for this build, you should really try it :D
Your DPS is still really good though, with the +2 Shavs things get spicy!

Super lucky temple corrupt there :) But yeah, actually the +2 AoE shavs was "only" 18 exalts so not that bad. Sirus dropped aw multistrike yesterday so when that's sold there's something to spend again.

I have few white sockets here and there but only 1 on boots where I have my curse auras. I have to run more syndicate to change the one green slot (temp chain) to white.

Did you craft your 1h and shield by yourself? If so, was it with dense + frigid fossils or some other tricks?

I played around in PoB with Large radius thread of hope and yes, it actually fits very well to this build. By picking the same nodes you have and also Light Eater node (we're most of the time on full ES anyway) and then using the saved nodes to go for Growth and Decay and Coldhearted Calculation, I got to 2,14 million dps. So about +140k compared to running without Thread of Hope. This costs -400 in total ES though dropping it slightly under 13k. I had to change my jewels to slightly worse ones to gain back the lost resistance from ToH. I didn't do the change ingame yet since I don't even have enough co's to buy ToH after that +2 AoE purchase :)

"
Grozaa написал:

It's probably not very important but as far as I know there is a way to get cluster jewels in standard. If someone dies in Hardcore Delirium, the character and its inventory gets moved to Standard. So there certainly is some supply of them in std and potential for more if needed.

Yeah I actually even have one with totally useless mods. My friend checked this out and bought one and threw it to me since he plays league only. There's not that many on standard yet and if you find something with proper mods it costs fortunes. This will obviously change when new league starts.

There are for example cold dot medium cluster jewels on std for 40c. You can craft them yourself- they don't need to have 'proper mods', it's very easy to just chaos spam to get proper notables.
"
Grozaa написал:

There are for example cold dot medium cluster jewels on std for 40c. You can craft them yourself- they don't need to have 'proper mods', it's very easy to just chaos spam to get proper notables.

Oh, I need to look into this better. I've not given much thought for cluster jewels for now. Waiting for the league to end to see how my builds can benefit from them. Thanks for the tip.
So I moved the build to Thread of Hope version and it works really well. I gained about 400-500k DoT DPS this way and lost only 300-400 ES in the process. Rolled some jewels to get resistances back. Currently at 12,8k ES and 2,9 million DoT DPS. I'm still running temp chains and enfeeble + cwdt with immortal call so defenses are very strong.

I also crafted new wand with almost 150k DoT DPS more than the previous one. Lost little bit of ES there since I didn't hit intelligence suffix (tried four times and wasted 20 ex there) but this works fine. Little extra resistance is never bad.

I also found new helmet with -9 cold res mod. Too bad it has 40% increased dmg instead of cooldown enchant. After playing long with the cooldown enchant, Vortex can feel slow without it but this helmet gives over 200k more DoT DPS than the previous one.

Level 98 now and the build feels stronger than ever.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/yQzNwn1c

EDIT:

Also got watcher's eye with faster start of es recharge discipline + dot multiplier malevolence mods which took the build to 3,16 mil dot dps. Bosses are starting to melt really fast.
Последняя редакция: patouskii. Время: 15 мая 2020 г., 18:10:53
I've been playing a bit of a customized version of this build and hoping to finish the league strong with a few more boss kills I haven't yet gotten...

Could someone take a look at my Char and give me some upgrade advice? I'm working with a 20ex budget for upgrades currently and am on console. Any tips on how to improve my survivability more during bosses would be great! Damage feels pretty good so far, but could obviously be better.

Thanks in advance!
"
sum_ignis написал:
I've been playing a bit of a customized version of this build and hoping to finish the league strong with a few more boss kills I haven't yet gotten...

Could someone take a look at my Char and give me some upgrade advice? I'm working with a 20ex budget for upgrades currently and am on console. Any tips on how to improve my survivability more during bosses would be great! Damage feels pretty good so far, but could obviously be better.

Thanks in advance!

You have to set your characters profile to public in order for someone to be able to inspect your build. I also suspect you have the character on a different account so probably you would need to link it.
Последняя редакция: Grozaa. Время: 16 мая 2020 г., 17:34:42
"
Grozaa написал:
"
sum_ignis написал:

Thanks in advance!

You have to set your characters profile to public in order for someone to be able to inspect your build. I also suspect you have the character on a different account so probably you would need to link it.

You're right I had accidentally logged into the wrong account. This one should be correct and public! Thanks!
"
DSGNjunkie написал:
"
Grozaa написал:
"
sum_ignis написал:

Thanks in advance!

You're right I had accidentally logged into the wrong account. This one should be correct and public! Thanks!

1. Upgrade your crystal belt. Crafting with dense fossils should be easy. Look for ES recovery rate, %es, flat ES(shaper base).
2. Crown of the inward eye is a solid helmet but I wouldn't use it in final build versions. Rare hubris circlet with vortex enchant should be much better. You get a possibility to get more ES and resists, meaning you have more freedom with that elsewhere. Of course it means you need to annoint transfiguration of soul on amulet instead of sanctuary, but that notable is much better anyways.
3. Your rings could see an upgrade
4. Your multimodded wand has one affix you might want to slam with for example redeemers exalt.

If you want survivability then swap prism guardian with rare shield with ES on block, drop hatred, swap frostbite for enfeeble, get watcher's eye with faster recharge, lethal pride for glancing blows.
If you want damage then swap temp chains for ele weakness, get watcher's eye with dot multi with malevolence, use rare helmet with vortex dmg enchant and -9 cold res, run mark of the shaper ring setup, get cold dmg with frigid fossils on belt. These are two extremes though and you can't go both ways at the same time.
This is last version my occulist vortex build 3.2M DOT DPS and 11k ES. I need last item that is Shavronne with 2x socketed level.

I made my wand, opal ring and glove.

http://pastebin.com/XeFs0M8R
Последняя редакция: birkan_kuyumcu. Время: 25 мая 2020 г., 15:25:06
How do you think the change to glancing blows will affect the build? It seems a major nerf to me :(

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация