[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

Does the number or wording matter on lethal pride as long as it says kiloava? It looks like another language when I see that jewel lol
"
weppe1337 написал:
Does the number or wording matter on lethal pride as long as it says kiloava? It looks like another language when I see that jewel lol

Within the jewel text there are two things that actually matter: the general name ( for lethal pride either Kiloava, Kaom or Rakiata) and the seed number(led xxx warriors). General name affects what kind of keystone will be after transformation. The seed number determines what other bonuses it gives to notables within jewel radius. For this build, what you need is Kiloava jewel. The seed is not that important. Of course, it can be better or worse, but it is not crucial. To see what exact seed gives you in particular jewel slot, you have to socket it and see for yourself. If you divine the jewel, it will alter both general name and seed.
Thanks grozaa. Question is if it's worth the gamble or just get one with the name.
Maybe that's something of a min-maxing thing. I am not even fully geared for the build yet as I changed from howa last night.
Wand market is quite dead though :(
Best wands have tier4 cold multi atm lol. Crafting one is really that bad?
Последняя редакция: weppe1337. Время: 4 февр. 2020 г., 3:58:42
"
weppe1337 написал:
Thanks grozaa. Question is if it's worth the gamble or just get one with the name.
Maybe that's something of a min-maxing thing. I am not even fully geared for the build yet as I changed from howa last night.
Wand market is quite dead though :(
Best wands have tier4 cold multi atm lol. Crafting one is really that bad?

Getting a proper name is not hard at all. There are only 3 options so you can get in on average every 3 divines. The seed however has high variation. You can easily just buy Kiloava jewel but for the good seed you would have to divine and check by yourself. And yes, getting those extra mods is rather a min-maxing thing.
I would imagine being well over a month into the league that some items might be hard to find. Unfortunately, odds of good craft on 1h are indeed terrible. You can spend lots of currency without seeing the proper mod even once, not to mention two or more at the same time. So either try to snipe some good 1h or try crafting but be prepared that the results will be rather underwhelming.
Recently switched from SRS Necro to this build because it was by far to squishy and I think after this league I don't like the minion playstyle at all :D

Made an investment of around 8-10 ex I think with some unnecessary crafting along the way which wasn't successfull.

Survivability feels very good so far even in T16 Maps (AW 8+) and Conquerers/Sirus. Single Target Damage is currently relatively low but I think it is mostly because of my low gem levels.

Current setup with around 10k ES:

Скрытый текст

Questions:
1) What are good upgrades beside helmet (Cold Pen), Gloves (Dot Multi), Belt (more ES)?
2) Shield should be decent although it isn't the best base, isn't it?
3) Is my Weapon good enough? How much improvement would Spell Dmg/More Dot Multi yield in an end game version? Thinking about removing suffixes and multimod Trigger + Arcane Surge to free another gem. Is it worth?
4) How does EE exactly work in this build? Should I always start fights with Vortex and hope for one of the Lightning skills to trigger? Sequence is always from top to bottom with 5s cooldown, isn't it? If Frost Bomb or Cold Snap is cast before it will trigger Cold resistances from EE, doesn't it?

Thanks for the guide so far! Trying to prepare it for bossing and delving behing 600 to get my other char to level 100 without dying to endgame bosses :D
"
Gnomiro написал:
Recently switched from SRS Necro to this build because it was by far to squishy and I think after this league I don't like the minion playstyle at all :D

Made an investment of around 8-10 ex I think with some unnecessary crafting along the way which wasn't successfull.

Survivability feels very good so far even in T16 Maps (AW 8+) and Conquerers/Sirus. Single Target Damage is currently relatively low but I think it is mostly because of my low gem levels.

Current setup with around 10k ES:

Скрытый текст

Questions:
1) What are good upgrades beside helmet (Cold Pen), Gloves (Dot Multi), Belt (more ES)?
2) Shield should be decent although it isn't the best base, isn't it?
3) Is my Weapon good enough? How much improvement would Spell Dmg/More Dot Multi yield in an end game version? Thinking about removing suffixes and multimod Trigger + Arcane Surge to free another gem. Is it worth?
4) How does EE exactly work in this build? Should I always start fights with Vortex and hope for one of the Lightning skills to trigger? Sequence is always from top to bottom with 5s cooldown, isn't it? If Frost Bomb or Cold Snap is cast before it will trigger Cold resistances from EE, doesn't it?

Thanks for the guide so far! Trying to prepare it for bossing and delving behing 600 to get my other char to level 100 without dying to endgame bosses :D

1.You outlined most obvious upgrades. Otherwise think about upgrading 1h(will talk about it later), shields with more ES if you can afford it, and gems. I would suggest buy 21 vortex immediately. You can also buy awakened gems but it's lower priority.
2. Base is not titanium so maybe not the best to craft but fine. Importantly is has ES gain on block, though obviously if it also had 300ES+ it would be better.
3. Careful here since this is very important. This sceptre is very bad for your dps. It has flat added cold to spells. So you are adding cold to storm brand and orb of storms making your EE actually work against you.
4. Trigger setup has a cooldown, yes. It triggers upon any skill use like vortex, cold snap, flame dash. So first thing to think about is gem order. It actually matters where you place gems since it affects the order of triggers. It goes from top to bottom and from left to right. I go for order of storm brand, frost bomb, orb of storms. This way you start with proper lightning skill with good duration and activation frequency which effect persist for a long time. But also having frost bomb as second you ensure you follow it up with cold exposure debuff. And all the time frost bomb neighbours with quick lightning skills from both sides so that we are not getting screwed with cold hit on EE.
"
Grozaa написал:

1.You outlined most obvious upgrades. Otherwise think about upgrading 1h(will talk about it later), shields with more ES if you can afford it, and gems. I would suggest buy 21 vortex immediately. You can also buy awakened gems but it's lower priority.
2. Base is not titanium so maybe not the best to craft but fine. Importantly is has ES gain on block, though obviously if it also had 300ES+ it would be better.
3. Careful here since this is very important. This sceptre is very bad for your dps. It has flat added cold to spells. So you are adding cold to storm brand and orb of storms making your EE actually work against you.
4. Trigger setup has a cooldown, yes. It triggers upon any skill use like vortex, cold snap, flame dash. So first thing to think about is gem order. It actually matters where you place gems since it affects the order of triggers. It goes from top to bottom and from left to right. I go for order of storm brand, frost bomb, orb of storms. This way you start with proper lightning skill with good duration and activation frequency which effect persist for a long time. But also having frost bomb as second you ensure you follow it up with cold exposure debuff. And all the time frost bomb neighbours with quick lightning skills from both sides so that we are not getting screwed with cold hit on EE.

Thank you for the fast response. Wasn't thinking about the problem with cold damage to spells on my weapon. So something like this

40% increased Spell Damage (implicit)
--------
(prefix) 82% increased Spell Damage
(prefix) +1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
(suffix) 14% increased Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently

would work with multimod: trigger + cold damage over time?

I'm at work so don't have PoB here and you are by far more experienced with this build: How does Spell damage compare to damage over time multiplier for this build? Is the second by far superior?
"
Gnomiro написал:
"
Grozaa написал:

Thank you for the fast response. Wasn't thinking about the problem with cold damage to spells on my weapon. So something like this

40% increased Spell Damage (implicit)
--------
(prefix) 82% increased Spell Damage
(prefix) +1 to Level of all Cold Spell Skill Gems
(suffix) 14% increased Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently

would work with multimod: trigger + cold damage over time?

I'm at work so don't have PoB here and you are by far more experienced with this build: How does Spell damage compare to damage over time multiplier for this build? Is the second by far superior?

The second, DoT multiplier, is generally superior in my experience but I'd advise you input it into PoB to see. The amount of each multiplier you already have on your gear can tip the scales a little; I'd still be surprised to see DoT multiplier lose out, but I think it's possible. Spell damage is usually easier to find - say, via Mark of the Shaper and an Elder influenced ring - than DoT multiplier.

That wand multimodded with those two would be very nice, and that's often the best way to get a top tier wand. Until you get a wand like that, remove EE from your passive tree. Since you have the added cold damage to spells you'll see your damage increase because you'll no longer be applying +cold resistance to monsters.

Onslaught is really nice QoL for mapping, but cast speed doesn't hurt.
Thanks a lot for this build.

I invested around 20-25 EX and im pretty much happy about the build. Of course there's a looot of improvement room for it but i think for now im in a good place to start bossing and getting more currency.

I took a view to a lot of poe.ninja players and most of them play with Frostbite-Elemental Weakness with the Blasphemy support instead of Enfeeble and Temporal Chains

Any opinion about that, or its just a personal matter?

Thanks
"
TeXpla написал:
Thanks a lot for this build.

I invested around 20-25 EX and im pretty much happy about the build. Of course there's a looot of improvement room for it but i think for now im in a good place to start bossing and getting more currency.

I took a view to a lot of poe.ninja players and most of them play with Frostbite-Elemental Weakness with the Blasphemy support instead of Enfeeble and Temporal Chains

Any opinion about that, or its just a personal matter?

Thanks

It's very simple - Frostbite+Ele Weakness is the choice for people who care mostly about damage, and enfeeble+temp chains is for those who value tankiness and survivability more.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация