[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

"
It works very well once you get used to the mechanics of it. The idea is to minimize soul ripper flask uptime while you have your vaal skill active, so you pop soul ripper ~3.5s before jumping into mobs, then your vaal skill and soul ripper flask can recharge simultaneously every time. Also make sure you do not quality your flask obviously.

Took a few maps to get used to that timing and not just rolling flasks, but damn the Vaal Cold Snap uptime feels amazing. Wish I'd done this a long time ago.
"
morld написал:
"
It works very well once you get used to the mechanics of it. The idea is to minimize soul ripper flask uptime while you have your vaal skill active, so you pop soul ripper ~3.5s before jumping into mobs, then your vaal skill and soul ripper flask can recharge simultaneously every time. Also make sure you do not quality your flask obviously.

Took a few maps to get used to that timing and not just rolling flasks, but damn the Vaal Cold Snap uptime feels amazing. Wish I'd done this a long time ago.

Exactly... It's really nice. You can just run through fully juiced T16's while everything around you just dies.
"
It's the best vortex/cold snap build on the site. I was debating making a guide myself because the other guides get so much wrong with this build... Everyone note the current deepest delver in HC metamorph runs a vortex/cold snap similar (but slightly different) to this build. That says something about its viability.

A comment I'll make is you can at no cost swap in frostbite/ele weakness for the defensive curses, sub in Soul Ripper flask, and swap in prism guardian/hatred for ~+80% dmg/really fast map clearspeed... (100% vaal cold snap uptime everything insta dies). Then when you do bosses/strong metamorphs/juicy maps/delve you can swap back to defense. It's some nice versatility, just the way I run this.

loving this build atm, still have a ways to go with gear and upgrading. Not squishy at all! i am investing in your suggestion for helping with map clearing speed, and have a couple questions.

can you explain the prism guardian/hate setup. with blood magic already linked I am not sure how this setup goes.

Second I am not very good with finding upgrades in shops like poe.trade,
looking for a helm, weapon and shield. Importing data doesn't seem to work and fields come up empty.

also, did you craft your belt? its awesome, was thinking of trying to delve some fossils to attempt making one.....

GREAT BUILD GROZAA, hopeful your farming tips are just as GOOD!
Thanks for your time posting this, so people like me can enjoy it!
"
muffinbut написал:
"
It's the best vortex/cold snap build on the site. I was debating making a guide myself because the other guides get so much wrong with this build... Everyone note the current deepest delver in HC metamorph runs a vortex/cold snap similar (but slightly different) to this build. That says something about its viability.

A comment I'll make is you can at no cost swap in frostbite/ele weakness for the defensive curses, sub in Soul Ripper flask, and swap in prism guardian/hatred for ~+80% dmg/really fast map clearspeed... (100% vaal cold snap uptime everything insta dies). Then when you do bosses/strong metamorphs/juicy maps/delve you can swap back to defense. It's some nice versatility, just the way I run this.

loving this build atm, still have a ways to go with gear and upgrading. Not squishy at all! i am investing in your suggestion for helping with map clearing speed, and have a couple questions.

can you explain the prism guardian/hate setup. with blood magic already linked I am not sure how this setup goes.

Second I am not very good with finding upgrades in shops like poe.trade,
looking for a helm, weapon and shield. Importing data doesn't seem to work and fields come up empty.

also, did you craft your belt? its awesome, was thinking of trying to delve some fossils to attempt making one.....

GREAT BUILD GROZAA, hopeful your farming tips are just as GOOD!
Thanks for your time posting this, so people like me can enjoy it!

Soo i don't want to hijack grozaa's thread so credit to him first off. So this is the higher DPS low-life vortex version (although less defensive). You run prism guardian with discipline, hatred, malevolence socketed - the item gives you blood magic and reduced mana reservation required to run all 3 on hp. Then you have frostbite/eleweakness/blasphemy/enlighten on one link (as opposed to enfeeble+temp chains), and optionally a spider aspect for more DPS. B/C these items cost next to zero (high lvl enlighten optional) you can switch at will for ~60% DPS boost. One thing is when you run prism guardians the shield nodes do next to nothing so you might went to unspec those. When I play for EXP/dont wanna die I run the defensive version, when I just want to crank thru maps for $ I run the offensive... Just my personal preference.

and thanks again to Grozaa
"
Grozaa написал:
"
St4hlh4gel написал:
What about Potency of Will, Skittering Runes and Hexmaster?

Many 3.7 Vortex Occultist Builds used those nodes

And why Influence?

The choice of nodes is obviously a matter of compromise and there is no strictly good or bad choice but I will try to explain why those 3 might not be the best option.

Potency of will: while getting longer vortex duration is certainly useful, it doesn't actually do much if you can simply cast new vortexes anyways(and we can because the points are spent elswhere to address those mana issues better)

Skittering Runes/Hex Master : the only useful mods there is curse effect, but the other mods are almost useless. You can get 10% curse effect from hex master(3.3% per point) and 20% from skittering runes(but again 3.3% per point). It's not bad, just not nearly as efficient as other options that are possible for spending points(especially while running just 2 curses)

And why influence : helps a bit with mana reservation and also 20% aura effect (10% per point), improves discipline(ES) and malevolence(dmg).

Thanks for taking the time to explain this :)
Always thought builds like this one seem very interesting. Since I'm a bit bored of the current builds I decided to give it a go.
Can anyone help me not fuck up the lethal pride jewel?
Последняя редакция: weppe1337. Время: 3 февр. 2020 г., 17:28:47
Just recently started this league and this is my first time trying any sort of ES build. I am loving the damage so far, though I know my gear could use some serious upgrades.

Скрытый текст

I was wondering if you could walk me through the Eldritch Battery passive and how the interaction works, because of this being a low life build I think I'm missing what happens when putting a point into EB.
"
weppe1337 написал:
Always thought builds like this one seem very interesting. Since I'm a bit bored of the current builds I decided to give it a go.
Can anyone help me not fuck up the lethal pride jewel?

Use lethal pride(Kiloava). You can also try to divine for some other mods but it's not crucial. Place in in jewel slot in between CI and EB. Then allocate one of those keystone(once you have placed the jewel keystone converts to Glancing Blows).
"
Apparati написал:
Just recently started this league and this is my first time trying any sort of ES build. I am loving the damage so far, though I know my gear could use some serious upgrades.

Скрытый текст

I was wondering if you could walk me through the Eldritch Battery passive and how the interaction works, because of this being a low life build I think I'm missing what happens when putting a point into EB.

You are not supposed to use EB on this build (in fact this will just pretty much kill you). Instead, you only allocate it once you have lethal pride(Kiloava) jewel. I already explained it a post above but basically it transforms the keystone to other keystone (Glancing Blows) which is actually very good for this build.
"
Grozaa написал:
"
Apparati написал:

Скрытый текст

You are not supposed to use EB on this build (in fact this will just pretty much kill you). Instead, you only allocate it once you have lethal pride(Kiloava) jewel. I already explained it a post above but basically it transforms the keystone to other keystone (Glancing Blows) which is actually very good for this build.

Thank you for the quick response, I missed the lethal pride jewel and got very confused :(

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация