Серверы Sony будут перезагружены через:
Работа будет восстановлена примерно через .

[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Do you think doublestacking the unique frostbolt jewel is worth it?
is there any reason, why you don't have vaal discipline in the build, instead of normal discipline?

and 2nd question:

is glancing blows taken for any defensive reasons, or just for the offensive reasons through arcane swiftness added spell damage from block chance and arcane guarding's higher uptime (20% inc. spell damage after block)?

looking at the 3.12 change on glancing blows, so a blocked hit now is 65% damage, instead of 50% it doesn't make any sense in regards to defense on paper for me.

without it: 35% chance to block all attacks (average damage taken 65%) and 28% chance to block all spells (average spell damage taken 72%).

with it: 70% chance to block 35% of a hit (average damage taken 75.5%) and 56% chance to block 35% spell damage (average spell damage taken 80.4%)

so while it might even out the damage you take a bit, it seems that you take a bunch more damage on average with glancing blows, than without it.

so do you take it just for offensive reasons and take the hit to survivability or is there something else going on?

i am not great at all with poe mechanics, so if i missed something here, please tell me :)
"
cataria написал:
is there any reason, why you don't have vaal discipline in the build, instead of normal discipline?

and 2nd question:

is glancing blows taken for any defensive reasons, or just for the offensive reasons through arcane swiftness added spell damage from block chance and arcane guarding's higher uptime (20% inc. spell damage after block)?

looking at the 3.12 change on glancing blows, so a blocked hit now is 65% damage, instead of 50% it doesn't make any sense in regards to defense on paper for me.

without it: 35% chance to block all attacks (average damage taken 65%) and 28% chance to block all spells (average spell damage taken 72%).

with it: 70% chance to block 35% of a hit (average damage taken 75.5%) and 56% chance to block 35% spell damage (average spell damage taken 80.4%)

so while it might even out the damage you take a bit, it seems that you take a bunch more damage on average with glancing blows, than without it.

so do you take it just for offensive reasons and take the hit to survivability or is there something else going on?

i am not great at all with poe mechanics, so if i missed something here, please tell me :)

Im certainly no expert either but throw in arcane guarding and Mystic bulwark and the chance you have 2 huge hits incoming that you have a higher chance to block 1 or both to avoid getting insta gibbed.
"
cataria написал:

and 2nd question:

The spell damage is really good, and remember this build has no phys mitigation except on the flasks and maybe a phys damage taken to chaos as a luxury mod, so in order to avoid random one shots glancing blows smooths it out. It's generally better to mitigate potential one-shots often rather than sometimes completely blocking the damage.
"
kaygee82 написал:
Really enjoying the build, just lvl 54 still and lvling but the damage feels real good :) One issue im having tho is that I feel like a giant glass cannon, if anything tickles me I almost go down every time and if its a rare mob that takes a swing at me I more or less always die :S Will this get better later on or is this kinda a glass canon build?

It gets much better with higher ES + Glancing Blows, as your main tankiness is from having a metric f-load of ES and being able to regenerate it really quick. Focus on getting a better chest (400+ ES), a Rime Gaze, 200+ ES shield, and 100+ ES gloves.

"
aka2411 написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

Prioritize getting a new chest with high ES/resists. A 5L 400+ ES chest >>>>>>> 6L Tabula. Your main damage source isn't just Vortex, it's also Creeping Frost, so you don't require a 6L do deal a ton of damage. Also, looks like your gloves have pretty low ES- shoot for 110+ ES on the gloves. Once you do that, you'll see a significant increase in your ES/survivability. Take a look at the gear section of the guide- it should give you some good pointers.

Thanks, I did upgrade my stuff. Can I ask in case of going with 5L beast fur, what is the priority of the gems? :d

In terms of priority of gems: Vortex -> Efficacy -> Inspiration -> Elemental Focus (or hypothermia if you want more chance to freeze trash mobs- not worth it in my opinion since Creeping Frost already chills everything) -> Swift Affliction -> Controlled Destruction.

"
pra-lima87 написал:
How do you guys think this build will perform on console?
Does it require too much skill triggering/pressing?

On consoles hotkeys kind of suck so the less button pressing the better.
Flasks Notwithstanding since there is no way to avoid flaskpiano.

Sorry for not getting to your previous comment. I don't have any experience with consoles, but I imagine this would be really easy to do if you just put Vortex on like left trigger and constantly hold it down as you run around and attack with Frenzy. In concept, should be the same thing as PC and really easy to play.

"
The14thNoah написал:
Do you think doublestacking the unique frostbolt jewel is worth it?

Definitely. Double Frozen Trail gems is a really nice QOL, and they're also cheap for 1% corrupted ones (and actually provide something for the build rather than a random 1% jewel). The league start version doesn't have 2 since it isn't required to make the build work (just a great QOL). The league start guide is designed to take you directly to red maps with just what is provided through the campaign!

"
Kazh написал:
"
cataria написал:

and 2nd question:

The spell damage is really good, and remember this build has no phys mitigation except on the flasks and maybe a phys damage taken to chaos as a luxury mod, so in order to avoid random one shots glancing blows smooths it out. It's generally better to mitigate potential one-shots often rather than sometimes completely blocking the damage.

To piggy-back off Kazh's comment, Glancing blows provides a huge amount of survivability by not getting killed in 1 shot. Reducing average damage taken doesn't really matter if you're dead twice as much. Unfortunately, POE still hasn't moved away from unavoidable 1-shots.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Slowly chasing my way towards very end game gear (note that I don't want to go low life, I've always wanted to make a CI character just for the heck of it, so this one will stay CI until the end), what do you think would the BIS amulet be ? I'm used to going for Pandemonius on cold builds but since penetration will be useless on our build I'm not sure. I got lucky golden oils from a few blight maps, so I want to anoint Tranquility, but don't want to change my amulet in a few days.

EDIT : Currently fiddling with fossils on poedb, and it looks like we can do some pretty insane stuff with Hunter amulets. Dense + Faceted and maybe Aetheric makes it seem quite easy to get ES, %ES and +1 to all Intelligence Skill gems while not fucking up potential suffixes too much (only suffixes that are affected are Cast speed at x10 which is bad, and accuracy at x0.15 which is good), which makes suffixes really random but there are many we would be glad to have anyway, like resistances, attributes, increased cold damage, cold DoT multiplier... I wish there was a "more attribute modifiers" fossil.

Just remembered however that Faceted fossils are very expensive so that'd be quite the gamble. But if we can get all the mods we need on the first try (which again according to poedb seems very likely) with good rolls (also just remembered that Sanctified Fossil is a thing), even with only 2 or 3 good mods its value would be way higher then the ex we'd spend on the Faceted.

A cheaper version would be a Redeemer amulet aiming for +1 to Cold skill gems with Frigids, but there is less value in that and more troublesome prefixes like phys as extra cold, cold penetration, cold damage leeched as ES etc, so I really don't know which would be the best thing to do on a somewhat limited budget.

EDIT 2 :
Rolled those babies earlier today, how broken would Creeping Frost setup be on those ? Because even though it seems great to have +5 to level, I'd lose Concentrated Effect and +2 to AoE when I'll get myself one. Although it might make it possible for me to get another helmet... But the thing is, I don't know which helmet could possibly be better than Rime Gaze in our build except a mirror-tier rare.

EDIT 3 : Nevermind, just checked in PoB, and switching from Rime Gaze to those would make me lose 4000 DoT DPS. Definitely not worth it.
Последняя редакция: Kazh. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 22:34:48
I dont think we need Conqueror effiency right? my mana is just fine without it. Can we replace it by the 2nd frozen trail for more qol?

Also what is the time to switch to LL?
Последняя редакция: aka2411. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 22:01:40
What are those of you going past 85 thinking in terms of notables on cluster jewels? I was leaning towards Energy from Naught as I'm still using Incandescent Heart instead of a high ES rare, but couldn't find any up for sale. Went with one that has Blizzard Caller in easy reach and Deep Chill possibly in reach if I keep leveling to ~92. Dex, cold damage, and mana regen on the minor nodes.

I'm not terribly familiar with all of the cluster jewel notables and the wiki doesn't have a good page on them as far as I can tell. What other notables are you considering?
"
Silverback0124 написал:
What are those of you going past 85 thinking in terms of notables on cluster jewels? I was leaning towards Energy from Naught as I'm still using Incandescent Heart instead of a high ES rare, but couldn't find any up for sale. Went with one that has Blizzard Caller in easy reach and Deep Chill possibly in reach if I keep leveling to ~92. Dex, cold damage, and mana regen on the minor nodes.

I'm not terribly familiar with all of the cluster jewel notables and the wiki doesn't have a good page on them as far as I can tell. What other notables are you considering?

Honestly, I think on a small cluster Energy from Naught is the best one until you get massive ES gear, and even then it might still be the best one. If there isn't any for sale it doesn't matter, you can just alt spam and craft it yourself for cheap.

I'm not very familiar with all the notables either, but you can check poedb (https://poedb.tw/us/Small_Cluster_Jewel) for a quick reference on all available notables.
Последняя редакция: Kazh. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 22:13:04
"
Kazh написал:
on a small cluster Energy from Naught is the best one until you get massive ES gear, and even then it might still be the best one. If there isn't any for sale it doesn't matter, you can just alt spam and craft it yourself for cheap.

I'm not very familiar with all the notables either, but you can check poedb (https://poedb.tw/us/Small_Cluster_Jewel) for a quick reference on all available notables.

Thanks for the super fast response! I took a couple of leagues off and totally forgot about poedb.tw, and a small cluster jewel actually makes a lot more sense since I won't be investing more than a few points into it.

EDIT: Got Energy from Naught on my second alt, but didn't like the other bonuses and didn't realize how uncommon it was. Took another 90 alts to get it again, but the final craft yielded 6% Energy Shield, +7 Dex and +10 energy shield per minor node. Pretty nice bump in ES and Dex is always welcome. Thanks again.
Последняя редакция: Silverback0124. Время: 23 сент. 2020 г., 22:53:19

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация