[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Jongamun написал:
Prioritize high ES + resistances rare -> Beast Fur Shawl -> Incandescent Heart. What it mean. Best in slot High ES+res rare or Incandescent Heart?

BIS is the juiced up rare. Basically what you want from your chest is the most ES possible. Beast Fur Shawl is a good alternative because it gives a decent amount of ES, damage and is quite cheap (~40c right now for a 6L)
"
dralshady написал:
"
Kohelani написал:
Tried it. No mana issues anymore, but dps is pathetic relative to my prior build. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. :\

Sure its not due to lowlvl of creeping frost?

My Creeping Frost is currently lev 12. How high does it have to be? Also, I'm not sure I'm doing it right because when I use Power Siphon as a trigger, only Power Siphon goes off - none of the other spells.
"
Clydehart написал:
If you only have one 4L (3B + 1G- I would personally recolor the green to a blue) and one 3L (3B). Set your gems as follows: Spellslinger + Arc + Added Lightning + Added cold (or controlled destruction | Spellslinger + Wave of Conviction + Physical to Lightning or Added Lightning Damage. Be aware, this build uses lightning skills to level up because they're significantly faster (in my opinion) than using the normal creeping frost, vortex, frostbolt setup.

I asked in a Discord channel and was told that Spellslinger is an aura - I didn't know that. I made the changes you suggested, but where is Power Siphon? Do I need a 3rd Spellslinger to link it to Power Siphon in another piece of gear? Or a 4th Spellslinger to link it to Creeping Frost or some other spell?
Последняя редакция: Kohelani. Время: 24 сент. 2020 г., 17:47:53
"
Kohelani написал:
"
dralshady написал:
"
Kohelani написал:
Tried it. No mana issues anymore, but dps is pathetic relative to my prior build. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. :\

Sure its not due to lowlvl of creeping frost?

My Creeping Frost is currently lev 12. How high does it have to be? Also, I'm not sure I'm doing it right because when I use Power Siphon as a trigger, only Power Siphon goes off - none of the other spells.

Do you have your spell slingers activated on your hotkey bar? they look like a wand. You need to activate them and you will see your mana be reserved.
"
dralshady написал:
Do you have your spell slingers activated on your hotkey bar? they look like a wand. You need to activate them and you will see your mana be reserved.

Yes, it's working now, thanks! Altho I don't have the mana for more than 1 SS aura :\ It doesn't hit as hard as my CF build, but it's easier to play. Perhaps if I had more mana for more auras it would be stronger.

[edit to add]Figured out how to have 2 auras up. My mistake was linking Vortex to the rest. Now that I am manually casting it without having it linked, I'm starting to see the power of this build. =D[/edit]
Последняя редакция: Kohelani. Время: 24 сент. 2020 г., 18:56:31
Huge thanks to everyone playing the build, answering questions, and offering suggestions! I'll consistently be updating the build based on feedback and suggestions.

"
Kazh написал:
Slowly chasing my way towards very end game gear (note that I don't want to go low life, I've always wanted to make a CI character just for the heck of it, so this one will stay CI until the end), what do you think would the BIS amulet be ? I'm used to going for Pandemonius on cold builds but since penetration will be useless on our build I'm not sure. I got lucky golden oils from a few blight maps, so I want to anoint Tranquility, but don't want to change my amulet in a few days.

EDIT : Currently fiddling with fossils on poedb, and it looks like we can do some pretty insane stuff with Hunter amulets. Dense + Faceted and maybe Aetheric makes it seem quite easy to get ES, %ES and +1 to all Intelligence Skill gems while not fucking up potential suffixes too much (only suffixes that are affected are Cast speed at x10 which is bad, and accuracy at x0.15 which is good), which makes suffixes really random but there are many we would be glad to have anyway, like resistances, attributes, increased cold damage, cold DoT multiplier... I wish there was a "more attribute modifiers" fossil.

Just remembered however that Faceted fossils are very expensive so that'd be quite the gamble. But if we can get all the mods we need on the first try (which again according to poedb seems very likely) with good rolls (also just remembered that Sanctified Fossil is a thing), even with only 2 or 3 good mods its value would be way higher then the ex we'd spend on the Faceted.

A cheaper version would be a Redeemer amulet aiming for +1 to Cold skill gems with Frigids, but there is less value in that and more troublesome prefixes like phys as extra cold, cold penetration, cold damage leeched as ES etc, so I really don't know which would be the best thing to do on a somewhat limited budget.

EDIT 2 :
Rolled those babies earlier today, how broken would Creeping Frost setup be on those ? Because even though it seems great to have +5 to level, I'd lose Concentrated Effect and +2 to AoE when I'll get myself one. Although it might make it possible for me to get another helmet... But the thing is, I don't know which helmet could possibly be better than Rime Gaze in our build except a mirror-tier rare.

EDIT 3 : Nevermind, just checked in PoB, and switching from Rime Gaze to those would make me lose 4000 DoT DPS. Definitely not worth it.

BIS amulet would be a rare, similar to ~
, except with tranquility anointed for CI. For low-life, the amulet is situational between chalupa amulet or a rare (depending if you need the chaos res, ie for Sirus).

However, your biggest upgrade for CI would be a 15% reservation shield + and ES on block- as this allows you to run potentially 2 damage auras if you build into it with reservation nodes + Self-Control jewel cluster. I'll throw up the endgame CI POB I had made during Delirium league to give you some ideas on endgame setups for CI since you want to bring that to endgame. This build guide in general is geared towards league starter -> mid tier gear -> transition to low-life.

"
aka2411 написал:
Can OP or someone get some kind of cluster jewels guide for after lv 85?

I will throw up a tier list of cluster jewels shortly to help you decide which setup is best for you. Ultimately, it really depends how much you can invest and if you're maxing out CI or LL.

"
saeka_tyr написал:
the tinkering continues.

the fluid motion jewel is.....interesting.

i never liked those strength passives in the lower left but i love that block cluster to death. this turns them into useful dexterity. +40 from the strength passives, +20 or so from the jewel itself. easy +60 dexterity.

this lets you dump the agility passive (+30 dex) and GREATLY relax your dex attribute requirements for an amulet.

plus you can get a 1% mana reservation corrupt on it. need to find/make one.

i'm poking around, wondering if it is possible to work in a herald. especially with the 30% reduction on discipline reservation.

yes i'm getting deep into fine tuning. i want to rip out the entire branch out to the foresight passive, but putting that in as an anointment would be annoying.

i'll have to play with that.

I had never even seen that jewel before, that definitely helps a ton in alleviating the dex attribute requirements for an amulet- great thought!

I would avoid trying to fit a herald in unless you decide to drop EE. If you run herald of ice, then your lightning spells will deal both lightning + cold and the monster will become resistant to both damages and be unable to be re-written. Instead, fit in a damage aura (malevolence, hatred, or zealotry) if you can get enough unreserved mana.

"
Kohelani написал:
"
dralshady написал:

Yes, it's working now, thanks! Altho I don't have the mana for more than 1 SS aura :\ It doesn't hit as hard as my CF build, but it's easier to play. Perhaps if I had more mana for more auras it would be stronger.

[edit to add]Figured out how to have 2 auras up. My mistake was linking Vortex to the rest. Now that I am manually casting it without having it linked, I'm starting to see the power of this build. =D[/edit]

Glad to see you got everything squared away! If you need help in the future, make your characters public, so that we can click right into your profile and see exactly what tree, gear, and gems you have- it makes helping out much faster/easier.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart написал:
Glad to see you got everything squared away! If you need help in the future, make your characters public, so that we can click right into your profile and see exactly what tree, gear, and gems you have- it makes helping out much faster/easier.

Done.
Updated the build with new POB: (very) late game CI variant (https://pastebin.com/ZQsKSUh2). It requires the fork POB to be viewed. For those that have Vanilla Path of Building (or no Path of Building), I'd highly recommend you look up how to get LocalIdentity's fork POB- it is incredibly helpful for theory-crafting builds.

I'll be updating the build gear section with the LL and endgame CI builds- expect to see these fully fleshed out in the guide over the next couple of days.
"
Kohelani написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

Done.

Looking at your profile, you need to swap a few things around to get the most out of this build:

Move the Creeping Frost gem from your wand to your helmet. Replace the Frostbolt with Creeping Frost. Now in your helmet, replace "Added Cold Damage Support" with "Hypothermia Support" and replace "Added Lightning Damage Support" with "Bonechill Support". After you do that, your Creeping Frost damage will go up immensely.

Second, link up your Vortex- spend some jewelers or fusings to get another 4L. Your Vortex is only by itself, but if you link it to supports it will do a ton more damage. In priority link to: Efficacy Support -> Inspiration Support -> Elemental Focus Support -> Swift Affliction Support -> Controlled Destruction Support.

Lastly, do not link Spellslinger with Power Siphon. Power Siphon (or preferably Frenzy) can be on its own and it is best when it is linked with a hextouch support + frostbite + greater multiple projectiles to curse everything.

If you do all of this, you will be floored by the amount of damage you'll be able to deal. If not, it'll feel lackluster and get worse as you progress.
"
Clydehart написал:
Move the Creeping Frost gem from your wand to your helmet. Replace the Frostbolt with Creeping Frost. Now in your helmet, replace "Added Cold Damage Support" with "Hypothermia Support" and replace "Added Lightning Damage Support" with "Bonechill Support". After you do that, your Creeping Frost damage will go up immensely.

Second, link up your Vortex- spend some jewelers or fusings to get another 4L. Your Vortex is only by itself, but if you link it to supports it will do a ton more damage. In priority link to: Efficacy Support -> Inspiration Support -> Elemental Focus Support -> Swift Affliction Support -> Controlled Destruction Support.

Lastly, do not link Spellslinger with Power Siphon. Power Siphon (or preferably Frenzy) can be on its own and it is best when it is linked with a hextouch support + frostbite + greater multiple projectiles to curse everything.

If you do all of this, you will be floored by the amount of damage you'll be able to deal. If not, it'll feel lackluster and get worse as you progress.

I made some changes based on your advice. I couldn't quite fit GMP and Inspiration Support into my gear. Should Frenzy be on right click? Creeping Frost almost 1-hit a champ mob!
Последняя редакция: Kohelani. Время: 24 сент. 2020 г., 22:43:44

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация