[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
Kohelani написал:
"
Clydehart написал:
Move the Creeping Frost gem from your wand to your helmet. Replace the Frostbolt with Creeping Frost. Now in your helmet, replace "Added Cold Damage Support" with "Hypothermia Support" and replace "Added Lightning Damage Support" with "Bonechill Support". After you do that, your Creeping Frost damage will go up immensely.

Second, link up your Vortex- spend some jewelers or fusings to get another 4L. Your Vortex is only by itself, but if you link it to supports it will do a ton more damage. In priority link to: Efficacy Support -> Inspiration Support -> Elemental Focus Support -> Swift Affliction Support -> Controlled Destruction Support.

Lastly, do not link Spellslinger with Power Siphon. Power Siphon (or preferably Frenzy) can be on its own and it is best when it is linked with a hextouch support + frostbite + greater multiple projectiles to curse everything.

If you do all of this, you will be floored by the amount of damage you'll be able to deal. If not, it'll feel lackluster and get worse as you progress.

I made some changes based on your advice. I couldn't quite fit GMP and Inspiration Support into my gear. Should Frenzy be on right click? Creeping Frost almost 1-hit a champ mob!

Awesome to hear! Yeah, I prefer frenzy on right click and Vortex on left click. This lets you run around and constantly cast Vortex while you attack with Frenzy to launch out all your stuff at once. You can also put Vortex on another hotkey to hold odwn in case you want to stand still rather than move around.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Hi,
thanks for this build. Last league I played VD DD Spellslinger, I like it :)

btw can you help me what next ? I have lvl 85 and passive tree CI cheap version.

I have only 2 exa in stash ... :D looking for better gloves now + right flasks.

Edit: and what about Annoint ? Flash Freeze ?
Последняя редакция: HELLERcz. Время: 25 сент. 2020 г., 3:03:18
From the guide : Anoint "Tranquility" if you've got the cash, but "Breath of Rime", "Sanctity", or "Flash Freeze" are good alternatives.
I am using this build in SSF with some changes due to lucky cluster jewels drops with nice cold multi passives, ES leech , block rolls ...

But my experience during leveling and low level mapping is different from build guide.

Differences during leveling

1. Start using vortex when you get it, there is no reason for opposite

2. I used arc for few levels but with Glacial Cascade in secondary spellslinger slot. That solved all need for auras, no Vitality/Discipline needed

3. when i got Creeping Frost i started using 3 spellslingers ( wait a bit if not enough reserveation reduce), when i got first frozen trail i stopped using arc and switched to Frostbolt.

4. I cleared without any problems Act 1-10 with 9xxHP and abysmal ES and with only first labyrinth due to going fast and safe from GC knockbacks and Frostbolts due to 1.5 wand with faster projectiles, attack speed, jewel. I simply forgot that i even needed them before Kitava :)

Difference during mapping
I am only at t4-5 , no CI still, not using any auras, no wand trigger/EE, max 4L in gear, not even CWDT combo, low HP/ES 12xx/32xx, instead of auras 3 spellslingers CF, GC, Frostbolt and i can go inside inside Legion swarm without too much thinking and generaly asking myslef where are mobs duering mapping:) Heists at levels 7x are joke too with this build.

As someone already wrote second frozen trail is rly good and i think Glacial Cascade deserve spot in this build at least to red maps due to changes to GC in 3.12.

Only problem are reflexes with flasks due to poison but with enough chill/freeze, ES leech and GC knockbacks i rarely use poison removal.

Maybe 3 spellslinger variant is not best when in reds but in SSF i think it is better than using auras in lover level content.

Anyway, good job with this build, i have good fun with it.

heading into red maps and feeling kinda low on single target dame, any idea for improvement?
"
Clydehart написал:

I will throw up a tier list of cluster jewels shortly to help you decide which setup is best for you. Ultimately, it really depends how much you can invest and if you're maxing out CI or LL.

How do I transition into LL?
"
aka2411 написал:
heading into red maps and feeling kinda low on single target dame, any idea for improvement?

same here (T15+) feels a BIT low on damage but i'm also STILL missing that GOD DAMNED WAND CRAFT. i've been farming the hell out of everything that drops veiled weapons and i still don't have it though i'm close. i expect that to cover a lot of gap.

tinkering update:

* took out GMP out of my shield and replaced it with culling strike. 7 projectiles is 2 more than can be used with vortex.

* replaced frostbolt with this boi:

frostbolt damage is enough to kill me in ele reflect maps, but not enough to be useful. once i scrounge up the gems i'll have zero damage and 20% chance to apply cold exposure which is the major role of frost bomb in the wand slot.

i think i got lucky. got it for 25c off some russian when the others are 1ex.

might be able to do full ele or phys reflect maps now. void sphere does piddly ele/phys. remains to be seen how it'd work with cold snap/ice nova firing off once i get the wand enchant.

* replaced basic spellslinger with this:

frostbolt's purpose isn't to do damage, so the spellslinger bonuses don't make sense. i belatedly realized that the ailment inflicted depends on damage and i just zeroed out damage soooooo that was a waste of 2 chaos i guess lol.

there's other improvements that could be done with alt gems but i'll have to think about it. so many damn gems.

edit:

i only need THREE unveilings of that mod, and this is the second one.
Последняя редакция: saeka_tyr. Время: 25 сент. 2020 г., 11:16:20
"
saeka_tyr написал:
"
aka2411 написал:

i only need THREE unveilings of that mod, and this is the second one.

well you can buy unveiled weapons
invested quite a bit onto CI way and struggling on T11-T13 maps in terms on bossing damage :(
Don't know how should I process, should I switch to the CI "moderate expensive" version?

EDIT: OP told me to replace wand with + cold damage to spell since it mess up out EE. :D damage is good now bois
Последняя редакция: aka2411. Время: 25 сент. 2020 г., 14:09:10
I have seen the PoB for LL. Why do you link Vitality with Spellslinger? Also, I don't think the flat regen from vitality would be helpful under 8k+ ES. Do I miss something? On the other hand, it seems that there is an empty socket on gloves? I really like this build, but I want to understand more before pushing to endgame. Any explanation you could give will be appreciated.

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация