[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Can I ask, why do we use inspiration instead of hypothemia in our vortex links?

Also, is my wand lightning dmg to spell affecting EE?

IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle написал:

inspiration is a mana thing. helps a little with damage but not as much. i replaced it straight up with ES leech and that was a big boost in both sustain and dps.

as for your wand lightning, yeah. highlight your skills and you'll see it. but that's a bad mod you want something else or at least cold.
"
Xyiana666 написал:
I am using this build in SSF with some changes due to lucky cluster jewels drops with nice cold multi passives, ES leech , block rolls ...

But my experience during leveling and low level mapping is different from build guide.

Differences during leveling

1. Start using vortex when you get it, there is no reason for opposite

2. I used arc for few levels but with Glacial Cascade in secondary spellslinger slot. That solved all need for auras, no Vitality/Discipline needed

3. when i got Creeping Frost i started using 3 spellslingers ( wait a bit if not enough reserveation reduce), when i got first frozen trail i stopped using arc and switched to Frostbolt.

4. I cleared without any problems Act 1-10 with 9xxHP and abysmal ES and with only first labyrinth due to going fast and safe from GC knockbacks and Frostbolts due to 1.5 wand with faster projectiles, attack speed, jewel. I simply forgot that i even needed them before Kitava :)

Difference during mapping
I am only at t4-5 , no CI still, not using any auras, no wand trigger/EE, max 4L in gear, not even CWDT combo, low HP/ES 12xx/32xx, instead of auras 3 spellslingers CF, GC, Frostbolt and i can go inside inside Legion swarm without too much thinking and generaly asking myslef where are mobs duering mapping:) Heists at levels 7x are joke too with this build.

As someone already wrote second frozen trail is rly good and i think Glacial Cascade deserve spot in this build at least to red maps due to changes to GC in 3.12.

Only problem are reflexes with flasks due to poison but with enough chill/freeze, ES leech and GC knockbacks i rarely use poison removal.

Maybe 3 spellslinger variant is not best when in reds but in SSF i think it is better than using auras in lover level content.

Anyway, good job with this build, i have good fun with it.

Any chance you could share a bit more detail in this setup?
In what level are you running this?

Also if we are taking EleOverlord should we really get Controled destruction?
Isn't better to trigger more criticals?
Последняя редакция: pra-lima87. Время: 26 сент. 2020 г., 8:45:31
"
aka2411 написал:
"
Clydehart написал:

I will throw up a tier list of cluster jewels shortly to help you decide which setup is best for you. Ultimately, it really depends how much you can invest and if you're maxing out CI or LL.

How do I transition into LL?

You'll need to buy a Shavronne's Wrapping and Prism Guardian Shield, and one medium jewel with Self-Control. Then, you'll need to buy some regrets to respec your tree (costs about ~40-50 regrets to go from CI -> LL).

"
Rousseus написал:
I have seen the PoB for LL. Why do you link Vitality with Spellslinger? Also, I don't think the flat regen from vitality would be helpful under 8k+ ES. Do I miss something? On the other hand, it seems that there is an empty socket on gloves? I really like this build, but I want to understand more before pushing to endgame. Any explanation you could give will be appreciated.

Vitality doesn't need to be linked with Spellslinger, it's just an open slot- and the reservation of it isn't affected by being linked.

Flat regen from Vitality is very good, it isn't just ~250 ES/s. It's actually more like 350-400 ES/s because of the increased aura effect nodes, which allows you to sustain through most small, low damaging things. I'll leave it up to you if you want to remove it. If you decide you don't want to run Vitality, you can drop the Self-Control + Stalwart Commander jewel and grab a different medium jewel.

Yes, there is an empty socket on the gloves. I couldn't quite comfortably fit in Culling Strike, as that brought down the available mana to ~50. You can put anything you want into that socket, but Culling is probably the best. Alternatively, you could remove Vitality entirely and put in Hextouch on Hit and put another curse in with frostbolts.

In general, this is a guide on the mechanics, not a bible- there's an absolute ton you can do to change this build around to fit what you think is best!

"
saeka_tyr написал:
"
Jerle написал:

inspiration is a mana thing. helps a little with damage but not as much. i replaced it straight up with ES leech and that was a big boost in both sustain and dps.

as for your wand lightning, yeah. highlight your skills and you'll see it. but that's a bad mod you want something else or at least cold.

Nope, no affect from added spell damage affecting EE. So long as it overwrites from another pure lightning spell damage source, you're good!

As saeka_tyr said, Inspiration helps keep the mana cost down (which allows you to reserve more mana). In general, you only ever need ~50-60 mana with ~60/70 mana regen/s to sustain this build since Vortex triggers every ~0.9-1.0s. As for damage, it provides 90% effectiveness (effectiveness being the average time the build is at 5 charges), so it provides ~31-32% more elemental damage on average. It is only marginally behind Hypothermia in terms of damage. It also provides much needed crit chance to ensure Elemental Overload is constantly procc'd.

I really like the thought of using energy shield leech, I've never tried it before. Do you feel that it actually provides you enough leech to cap out the max total leech/s? If so- it may be worth using that instead since this build has so much damage already.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Последняя редакция: Clydehart. Время: 28 сент. 2020 г., 9:50:32
"
Clydehart написал:

I really like the thought of using energy shield leech, I've never tried it before. Do you feel that it actually provides you enough leech to cap out the max total leech/s? If so- it may be worth using that instead since this build has so much damage already.

oh absolutely.

my paper vortex is 125k dps. level 20 ES leech is 1.9% of that, which is 2,375 ES/sec.

with my gear an discipline online, max per-leech is 780 ES/sec which this clears easily.

just with vortexes.

the maximum you can leech is 20% ES/sec which is 1560 so i only need 2 vortexes leeching to keep me at max recovery which is a very safe assumption even in a boss fight.

i'm doing T16 maps right now, and 100+ level in delve, and that's STILL without that god damned wand craft. been running w/ 3 empty gem slots entire league.

watching my ES shows that i'm usually leeching as well tho it is hard to decouple vile bastion vs leech.

sidegrade i'm trying: poets pen.

i FINALLY got the cast skill craft and i don't like it. it has a 4 second cooldown and it eats a suffix slot.

we don't care how frostbolt is cast, just that it is. so i'm trying a poets pen, with cold snap, ice nova, and frostbolt socketed in.

this gives me 3 free gems to play with. i reconfigured to the following:

boots: level 1 void sphere, level 1 cwdt, blind support, increased area support
shield: discipline, culling strike, herald of ice

as a test i found out i'm still more than strong enough to kill hydra w/o serious issue (still die if i misposition tho, whups). first hydra kill of league for me!

i'm not sure if it is worth it. i think a well crafted rare is better, but damn getting the right one with an open suffix is expensive.

you can do something really neat here, though it'll vortex currency.

level 21 vaal discipline, level 21 herald of ice, level 4 empower

that gives you level 25 discipline and herald of ice. weeee.

OTOH if i'm burning currency i'd replace that herald of ice with malevolence and get serious gains on DoT.

with 15 exalt i could buy a zero mana res aul's uprising. a 23% mana reduce rare amulet however is far more achievable at an exalt or less give or take.

edit: nope, not liking the poet pen.
Последняя редакция: saeka_tyr. Время: 26 сент. 2020 г., 19:35:51
man those T15-16 bosses are destroying me xD
clearing is really good but boss dame still a bit lacking
my defense is kinda shit as cant really level up now.
On the cinderswallow urn, does the "15% of damage taken from hits is leeched as life during flask effect" unveil modifier convert to our ES via zealots oath?
Also any specific recommended unveil mod on the flask or is it just personal preference. :3
Последняя редакция: Vervaiin. Время: 26 сент. 2020 г., 18:36:39
transitioned to LL, still havent found the fricking craft.

Kept mostly setup from LS, to keep from replacing entirety of gear...
solving resists would be a B*tch.

EDIT found a curse on hit ring which eases up on gem slots however had to take out efficay outa helm to get the mana to run it >.<
Последняя редакция: Lavacaverns. Время: 26 сент. 2020 г., 20:08:52
Quick question, with the Saqawal Nest body armor shall we craft the Avian Aspect somewhere?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация