[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

"
jnskeh написал:
Awesome. Thanks for that. I have preeetyyy much the same gear as you, minus the LL stuff. I think I'll go for the +1 to cold gem amulet next before looking at switching to LL.

How much ES should I be looking at to consider LL? Sitting at just below 7k now.

I would think around 8k more or less. The thing about LL is that you will have less ES in body armour, less ES in shield. So switching will triple or even more your damage but you will be more vulnerable general (not having immune to chaos damage on top of that). IMO it is until you reach T16s farming and after sirius or around 8k ES (after switch you will have less ES and take more chaos dmg).
Thinking of some more gearing for LL.

- Amulet: Presence of Chayula can be a good replacement for +1 lvl amulet but they have no resist.

- RIng: Mark of the Shaper is a tons of damage for our build and ES. no resist tho.

- Belt: Shaper Crystal Belt can roll some good mods like "#% increased Energy Shield from Body Armour" and "#% increased Elemental Damage". Fossils can also roll mods like Cold Damage and increased flask effects." You can get Cooldown Recovery Speed, Spell Damage during flask effect, etc etc. Shaper Crystals are insanely good, and can be combined with another influence types for some nutty belts. This is a slot I hope to have more detailed crafting info on soon.
Mr. Clydehart (or any others), how does this build compare to a "regular" Vortex/Cold Snap/Creeping Frost build (Occulist)? Clear speed? Tankiness? Smoothness of playstyle?

Also, a little confused on what to look for on a wand (besides getting the trigger craft) as far as damage. Is it the total of flat damage (local) damages (i.e. 30-40 phys PLUS any elemental like 2-30 Light/Cold/Fire)? Is that more important than a wand that has lots of Increased Spell damage numbers?.

I ask because I am still currently running a bizarre leveling build (with tremendously crappy gear)that focuses on self-cast Vortex and Cold Snap but am still using Skitters and Zombies (as a damage soaker)...great for leveling (also used Flamewall and Freezing Pulse), but time to transition to a more complete build and trying to decide whether to continue on with a self-cast Vortex/Cold Snap/Creeping Life/CI (transitioning eventually to CI then LL) or go with your Coldslinger (which looks like a lot of fun)...either way I end up using a number of regrets to redo the tree

Thanks in advance
Is this wand ok? I don't quite understand how EE works and if it will proc correctly. I'm focused on the end game LL build.

"
buckr49 написал:
Is this wand ok? I don't quite understand how EE works and if it will proc correctly. I'm focused on the end game LL build.

no DO NOT use a wand with the mod "Adds # to # Cold Damage to Spells". This will ruin your EE and actually lower your damage."
"
aka2411 написал:
you should try to use the pob fork version
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

I didn't realize there were different versions, thanks!
suggestion:

adding an EE part, that explains what weapon and gear mods to avoid as they screw up EE and which are ok.
EE trigger wand setup can be confusing to completely new players and even those, who aren't (me included) and the chance to hurt one's dps is very high.

and 2nd suggestion: adding mod priority to the trigger wand gearing section.
this:
"% Spell damage, % cold damge, % area damage, or % cold damage over time multiplier is icing on the cake but not required for endgame."
leaves me with no clue on what to prioritize beyond trigger + 1 to cold spell skill gems.

so please ad that to the guide, or please just answer them to me :)
i thought of adding that, because people already asked on what wand to buy and if it works and the +added cold damage to spells ones will be the cheapest of course, so all the new players would be more likely to accidentally burn their chaos on them. :/
The only thing I really not sure how to progress is what to slot before acquiring a trigger wand.

Maybe just a frost bomb with some links?
"
cataria написал:
suggestion:

adding an EE part, that explains what weapon and gear mods to avoid as they screw up EE and which are ok.
EE trigger wand setup can be confusing to completely new players and even those, who aren't (me included) and the chance to hurt one's dps is very high.

and 2nd suggestion: adding mod priority to the trigger wand gearing section.
this:
"% Spell damage, % cold damge, % area damage, or % cold damage over time multiplier is icing on the cake but not required for endgame."
leaves me with no clue on what to prioritize beyond trigger + 1 to cold spell skill gems.

so please ad that to the guide, or please just answer them to me :)
i thought of adding that, because people already asked on what wand to buy and if it works and the +added cold damage to spells ones will be the cheapest of course, so all the new players would be more likely to accidentally burn their chaos on them. :/

the priority is +1 level cold -> cold DoT multiplier -> spell/ cold damage. do not get adds # to # cold damage to spells as this fucks the EE.
Won't Hatred mess up our ee? As it converts the phys damage from our frenzy to cold, so our frenzy also applies cold damage to enemies proccing resistance against cold?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация