[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Im wondering if Hatred indeed affect our EE procs?
"
aka2411 написал:
Yes it does. By converting some of your physical attack to cold when u cast frenzy it will trigger element equilibrium giving enemies +50 cold resistance. The author made it clear on one of his previous reply.
"
Jarambae написал:
"
aka2411 написал:
Yes it does. By converting some of your physical attack to cold when u cast frenzy it will trigger element equilibrium giving enemies +50 cold resistance. The author made it clear on one of his previous reply.

hmm then it is really weird to have hatred on the LL build ;__;

maybe we should spec out EE? I think the tree should be changed?
Последняя редакция: aka2411. Время: 30 сент. 2020 г., 3:53:12
"
aka2411 написал:
I think removing hatred would be better than specing out of EE. Btw I saw one of your post that you recommended mark of the shaper. If I'm not mistaken it only boost spell on hit right not DoT damage from spells.

Edit: My assumptions would be that since we have a 66% to hit with our auto attack our triggered wand spell would cause EE to proc.
Последняя редакция: Jarambae. Время: 30 сент. 2020 г., 5:08:56
"
Clydehart написал:

"
Rousseus написал:
I have seen the PoB for LL. Why do you link Vitality with Spellslinger? Also, I don't think the flat regen from vitality would be helpful under 8k+ ES. Do I miss something? On the other hand, it seems that there is an empty socket on gloves? I really like this build, but I want to understand more before pushing to endgame. Any explanation you could give will be appreciated.

Vitality doesn't need to be linked with Spellslinger, it's just an open slot- and the reservation of it isn't affected by being linked.

Flat regen from Vitality is very good, it isn't just ~250 ES/s. It's actually more like 350-400 ES/s because of the increased aura effect nodes, which allows you to sustain through most small, low damaging things. I'll leave it up to you if you want to remove it. If you decide you don't want to run Vitality, you can drop the Self-Control + Stalwart Commander jewel and grab a different medium jewel.

Yes, there is an empty socket on the gloves. I couldn't quite comfortably fit in Culling Strike, as that brought down the available mana to ~50. You can put anything you want into that socket, but Culling is probably the best. Alternatively, you could remove Vitality entirely and put in Hextouch on Hit and put another curse in with frostbolts.

In general, this is a guide on the mechanics, not a bible- there's an absolute ton you can do to change this build around to fit what you think is best!

I have tried using vitality. You are right! I underestimated the power of it. It makes me much tankier than I thought. Although I loss Glancing Blows and hundreds ES after transiting to LL, the recovery from vitality and leeching make me tankier than before.

On the other hand, I have some questions. Since I usually stay far away from the monster/boss, my orb of storm nearly does nothing. I consider switching this gem. May you give me a suggestion?

Next, I have an "added # to # fire damage to attack" mod on my gloves. Would it affect EE?
Последняя редакция: Rousseus. Время: 30 сент. 2020 г., 15:50:31
All, sorry for the delay in personal responses- been quite busy with work and house improvements!

"
aka2411 написал:
Thinking of some more gearing for LL.

- Amulet: Presence of Chayula can be a good replacement for +1 lvl amulet but they have no resist.

- RIng: Mark of the Shaper is a tons of damage for our build and ES. no resist tho.

- Belt: Shaper Crystal Belt can roll some good mods like "#% increased Energy Shield from Body Armour" and "#% increased Elemental Damage". Fossils can also roll mods like Cold Damage and increased flask effects." You can get Cooldown Recovery Speed, Spell Damage during flask effect, etc etc. Shaper Crystals are insanely good, and can be combined with another influence types for some nutty belts. This is a slot I hope to have more detailed crafting info on soon.

Presence of Chayula is definitely a solid option if you want to cap chaos resistance. I added it into the build as an option!

Mark of the Shaper is also very, very good- but it's extremely difficult to cap resistances if you go with Mark of the Shaper (it will require you to get a different belt for sure). I'll add it into the guide as an option with a caveat that capping res will be tough!

Shaper Crystal Belt is a great alternative but typically much pricier to get a decent one that can compare with Bated Breath. I'll add this into the guide as well as an option if people need additional str/resistances to cap. It's much better to get the necessary str/cap res than it is to have an additional 200-300 ES.

"
Reactor52 написал:
Mr. Clydehart (or any others), how does this build compare to a "regular" Vortex/Cold Snap/Creeping Frost build (Occulist)? Clear speed? Tankiness? Smoothness of playstyle?

Also, a little confused on what to look for on a wand (besides getting the trigger craft) as far as damage. Is it the total of flat damage (local) damages (i.e. 30-40 phys PLUS any elemental like 2-30 Light/Cold/Fire)? Is that more important than a wand that has lots of Increased Spell damage numbers?.

I ask because I am still currently running a bizarre leveling build (with tremendously crappy gear)that focuses on self-cast Vortex and Cold Snap but am still using Skitters and Zombies (as a damage soaker)...great for leveling (also used Flamewall and Freezing Pulse), but time to transition to a more complete build and trying to decide whether to continue on with a self-cast Vortex/Cold Snap/Creeping Life/CI (transitioning eventually to CI then LL) or go with your Coldslinger (which looks like a lot of fun)...either way I end up using a number of regrets to redo the tree

Thanks in advance

The "regular" Vortex/Cold Snap/Creeping Frost will inherently have more damage since they won't have to reserve mana for Spellslinger setups- this allows them to use curse auras or other auras. Clear speed of the spellslinger is vastly superior to any of the other options and is just as tanky (if not tankier because you can actually avoid getting in Boss's faces). Spellslinger playstyle is butter smooth.

Added flat damage is useless for our build. Target % spell damage, % cold damage over time multiplier, % cold damage, % damage over time multiplier, or +1 cold skills.

"
cataria написал:
suggestion:

adding an EE part, that explains what weapon and gear mods to avoid as they screw up EE and which are ok.
EE trigger wand setup can be confusing to completely new players and even those, who aren't (me included) and the chance to hurt one's dps is very high.

and 2nd suggestion: adding mod priority to the trigger wand gearing section.
this:
"% Spell damage, % cold damge, % area damage, or % cold damage over time multiplier is icing on the cake but not required for endgame."
leaves me with no clue on what to prioritize beyond trigger + 1 to cold spell skill gems.

so please ad that to the guide, or please just answer them to me :)
i thought of adding that, because people already asked on what wand to buy and if it works and the +added cold damage to spells ones will be the cheapest of course, so all the new players would be more likely to accidentally burn their chaos on them. :/

I don't think it's feasible to add a mod priority list, the mods you should target are entirely dependent on their respective value. For example, 60% increased spell damage prefix > 15% damage over time multiplier. If you're looking to see the impact of the wand you're looking at, I'd suggest importing your specific character into POB and copying the new wand/old wand to compare.

Adding in more detail regarding EE (and its complexities) and trigger craft is on the books, just haven't had the time (still got to finish up the endgame CI section)! Hopefully you didn't end up wasting too much on wands (or others for that matter).

"
Dawnuri написал:
Скрытый текст

Do i need to swap the tree too LL version ? or CI expensive?

Do having shravrone chest is the same thing than Chaos Inoculation?

Currently lvl 90 and farmin t14-t16 but i do boss in 1min >.<

If you have 10+ ex, then go for the expensive CI version- elsewise go with the low-life and build your currency up to afford expensive CI. Inherently LL will always have more damage than CI, so to get the same damage as LL- you will need to invest significantly more into your gear.

"
Jarambae написал:
"
aka2411 написал:
I think removing hatred would be better than specing out of EE. Btw I saw one of your post that you recommended mark of the shaper. If I'm not mistaken it only boost spell on hit right not DoT damage from spells.

Edit: My assumptions would be that since we have a 66% to hit with our auto attack our triggered wand spell would cause EE to proc.

Hatred does give your Frenzy cold damage, but the impact is incredibly small for the value it adds. Like you said, the chance to hit is 50-70%, the only value Frenzy has is just to keep charges at 3- you don't even need to hit to cast Spellslinger setups. Also, keep in mind that all 3 cold spells have flat cold damage added to them. With storm brand on trigger, the enemy is vulnerable to cold ~80%+ of the time. If you feel that Hatred has that big of an impact on your EE, then you can always use Brutality on Frenzy to remove the elemental damage it deals!

"
Rousseus написал:

I have tried using vitality. You are right! I underestimated the power of it. It makes me much tankier than I thought. Although I loss Glancing Blows and hundreds ES after transiting to LL, the recovery from vitality and leeching make me tankier than before.

On the other hand, I have some questions. Since I usually stay far away from the monster/boss, my orb of storm nearly does nothing. I consider switching this gem. May you give me a suggestion?

Next, I have an "added # to # fire damage to attack" mod on my gloves. Would it affect EE?

Give Ball Lightning a shot instead of Orb of Storms, that may work better for you! If you want a more defensive option, you could always put Steel Skin in (at the highest level you can use).

Nope, added fire damage to attacks won't do anything to your EE. It'll get overwritten by Storm Brand/Ball Lightning.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
feeling somewhat limited to what i can upgrade since im using 6 uniques haha

possible slots are 2 rings + gloves, maybe can replace boots too as well.

im completely bonking in damages for bossing and die only to bosses in T16s + bossing.

changing to ball lightning works a treat, thanks for the tip!

How is the experimental build with saqawal's nest going? actually managed to 6l one.

All im missing for the gear to switch over to it, is the shield and a better cluster jewel.
Ever consider inspiration?
Adding it to the wand + SS links would give inspiration charges with little increase to the mana reserved since is a 115% gem.
So increase in crit and damage.
I'm trying the endgame CI build. Both Malevolence and Hatred are saying "Not Enough Life". Why is this?

Пожаловаться на запись форума

Пожаловаться на учетную запись:

Тип жалобы

Дополнительная информация